Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

my 1080p TV isn't centered. I extended the zoom at 100% and seems to be the correct size but a bit off centered on the left/down. Please add an option in the settings app for move the screen with the cross bottoms on the remote. Thanks!

my 1080p TV isn't centered. I extended the zoom at 100% and seems to be the correct size but a bit off centered on the left/down. Please add an option in the settings app for move the screen with the cross bottoms on the remote. Thanks!

When you first upgrade to 4.2, or do a factory reset, the welcome screen will give you the option to adjust your screen size.

Hi Justin.

After upgrading, when I switch off the box from the IR remote, the front led turns red. After some time, it becomes green (without doing anything). After some more time, it becomes red again itself. Then green. The box have fallen in a switch off and on loop. Only possibility to stop this loop is a finger press of the power button. This behaviour is independent of the TV status off or on.

Regarding the equalizer posiibility on 4.1, please could you show a picture of the settings menu then sound(I cannot) ? I will show you afterwards.

Thanks for all,

Can you please try doing a hard reset of the box, to see if this solves your issues.

Info on how to do this can be found here

http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1521

I will wait for your picture about the settings menu you are referring to

I sucessfuly managed to flash my ATV520e with "Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200" with yours How To Video :)

Everything works great , thanks for this update.

I sucessfuly managed to flash my ATV520e with "Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200" with yours How To Video :)

Everything works great , thanks for this update.

Good to hear

I tried the CEC function and works fine with my philips tv. But with my panasonic plasma is a total disaster. I got video output one time after 5-6 tries, impossible to use. And when i'm lucky and i get video the command functions don't works. My plasma is a panasonic g10 with viera link.

I tried the CEC function and works fine with my philips tv. But with my panasonic plasma is a total disaster. I got video output one time after 5-6 tries, impossible to use. And when i'm lucky and i get video the command functions don't works. My plasma is a panasonic g10 with viera link.

Im sorry but is this something you need me to have looked at?

Hi I want to ask you that can I use USB instead of SD Card?

Only an SD card will work for this upgrade. It will not detect USB with the upgrade files on it.

I just bought this ATV 1200 (Android 4.1) model today. The reason why I was so interested in it cause it supports component video output.

When I first hooked it up with my old big screen tv using component video, it had worked perfectly fine. So I went to settings and turned on bluetooth tried to pair with my bt keyboard but it just stayed on for about 2 minutes and then switched back to off and couldn't find any bt devices.

I called my retailer for support and I was being suggested to upgrade to this newly release upgrade to Android 4.2.2. The upgrade has been very successful. However, after the upgrade:

Problem 1 - component video output doesn't work anymore!

Problem 2 - option for bluetooth in settings disappeared!

Problem 3 - settings, devices, model number, changed from mygica to MBX reference board (stvmx)

One question not related to this upgrade. In order to move the tv box to a different room I had to unplug the power plug, reconnected it, started it up again, the time clock showed year 1970. I thought the box supposed to retain at least the date and time.

Any help or feedback are appreciated!

Sincerely,

m.alton.tam@gmail.com

I just bought this ATV 1200 (Android 4.1) model today. The reason why I was so interested in it cause it supports component video output.

When I first hooked it up with my old big screen tv using component video, it had worked perfectly fine. So I went to settings and turned on bluetooth tried to pair with my bt keyboard but it just stayed on for about 2 minutes and then switched back to off and couldn't find any bt devices.

I called my retailer for support and I was being suggested to upgrade to this newly release upgrade to Android 4.2.2. The upgrade has been very successful. However, after the upgrade:

Problem 1 - component video output doesn't work anymore!

Problem 2 - option for bluetooth in settings disappeared!

Problem 3 - settings, devices, model number, changed from mygica to MBX reference board (stvmx)

One question not related to this upgrade. In order to move the tv box to a different room I had to unplug the power plug, reconnected it, started it up again, the time clock showed year 1970. I thought the box supposed to retain at least the date and time.

Any help or feedback are appreciated!

Sincerely,

m.alton.tam@gmail.com

The ATV 1200 only supports external Bluetooth adapters, and does not have Bluetooth built in, so therefore is the reason why you could not located any BT devices.

Answer to Problem 1: It is listed in the update instructions that Component Video will no longer work with this update, sorry about this, but component video can no longer be supported on 4.2 and up.

Answer to Problem 2: We will be re-adding the Bluetooth menu on our next update

Answer to Problem 3: Not sure the reason why the model # changed in the settings menu, however this will not affect your box.

The date and time is detected based on an Internet connection being established, since the Date and Time setting is defaulted to Automatic, you can change it to manual, and change the Timezone and Date setting in the settings menu.

After I have upgraded to this new release Android 4.2.2, is there a way to restore back to the original 4.1?

Sorry but we currently do not have a way to revert back to 4.1

is there a release of 4.2.2 for ATV520e? thanks

Here is the how to video on how to update to 4.2.2 for ATV520E

The same files for the ATV 400 and 1200 that I have posted work for the 520E.

I will make a 520E post soon with more info, but for now if you want to give it a try you can, if not you can wait for my post.

Hi,

I have just upgraded Mygica ATV520 following the video posted previously in this thread. Everything have worked fine so far, except one issue: before, in Android 4.1, RemoteIME worked perfectly, but after the upgrade I cannot make it work. I am using the same configuration than before, no changes. Is this because Android version or it should work? Is it working on ATV1200 with Android 4.2?

Other issue I have related to this box is that before the upgrade I couldn’t turn it off, just put it in standby and after a while in standby mode it would make a very annoying noise, especially when sleeping. I’ve read that in the upgrade it was planned the ability of really turning off the box with the IR remote. Has this been implemented in the new version? if not, is it planned to be? Any idea how to get rid of the annoying noise when in standby? (Just in case is useful information, the box is connected through Ethernet to a PLC plug, but the noise is definitely coming from ATV520)

I would also like to thank you for the great job you do in this forum. I recently discovered this and it has been really useful to me. I am from Spain, and even here the official website is quite good (http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php) the possibility to have interaction in a Forum is great.

Many thanks!

altontam wrote: After I have upgraded to this new release Android 4.2.2, is there a way to restore back to the original 4.1?

In this website there is a method to Downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1 http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php

It is in Spanish, you just need to download where it is said: Volver de 4.2 a 4.1

I don't know if it will work but if it is important for you, you can try it at your own risk.

Hi,

I have just upgraded Mygica ATV520 following the video posted previously in this thread. Everything have worked fine so far, except one issue: before, in Android 4.1, RemoteIME worked perfectly, but after the upgrade I cannot make it work. I am using the same configuration than before, no changes. Is this because Android version or it should work? Is it working on ATV1200 with Android 4.2?

Other issue I have related to this box is that before the upgrade I couldn’t turn it off, just put it in standby and after a while in standby mode it would make a very annoying noise, especially when sleeping. I’ve read that in the upgrade it was planned the ability of really turning off the box with the IR remote. Has this been implemented in the new version? if not, is it planned to be? Any idea how to get rid of the annoying noise when in standby? (Just in case is useful information, the box is connected through Ethernet to a PLC plug, but the noise is definitely coming from ATV520)

I would also like to thank you for the great job you do in this forum. I recently discovered this and it has been really useful to me. I am from Spain, and even here the official website is quite good (http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php) the possibility to have interaction in a Forum is great.

Many thanks!

When we were making changes to 4.2 before we released it, Remote IME is one of the things we made sure worked. I am not sure which version you are using, however the latest version is available in the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eIME&hl=en

If you cannot find this on your Play store, try typing into your search bar "Fustec", you should be able to find it with this search term.

As for turning off the box, you can either click the power button once to turn it off, or you can hold down the power button and it will give you the option to turn off or reboot the box.

As for the noise you are hearing, this is something thats not normal, and the first I am hearing about this issue. If it continues I would suggest trying to get it replaced by your reseller under warranty.

Is it possible to play video with hardware accelleration in Youtube app? I tested some HD videos but i cant play them smoothly.

Does the video play in slow motion? Or is there a lot of buffering?

Buffering is ok, problem is that hd video from youtube stutters in youtube app. I also tried XBMC youtube add-on - there is no problems with 720 and 1080 videos, playback is smooth.