Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

I don't know what video you have in mind but I think your problem will be specifying the path where the backup will get deposited. In Settings-Add-ons-Enabled Add-ons-Program Add-ons click on Backup plugin and then Configure button and in there on second line below Browse line guide it to where you want the backup to go. Browse to the location where the backup should go and then go down to OK the choice. Back in Programs-Add-ons run the Backup again. The Backup is called XMBC Backup in Gotham.

Make sure the external location is mounted, else you can't browse to it as per above. Check in Settings in Android in Storage where at the bottom you should see if the device is mounted or not. That's the place where you go to dismount it before disconnecting it.

I did everything you said and the video explains very clearly how to do it, I even tried to put the info in a SD card and as the error continued I tried to put it in an USB and did not work either, so yesterday, I took the risk and upgraded it to 4.2.2 version, I lost everything but I just installed the kodi repository add on by following another tutorial on how to do it, and I am just recovering and installing everything I need from there, I also installed others repositories in order to make sure I have all add ons I had before, the most important thing is that the video resolution was fixed.

but now, for some reason, my remote control is not working, I am using my mouse, but I would like the remote control works as it is suposed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2gvNQF8vc

I did everything you said and the video explains very clearly how to do it, I even tried to put the info in a SD card and as the error continued I tried to put it in an USB and did not work either, so yesterday, I took the risk and upgraded it to 4.2.2 version, I lost everything but I just installed the kodi repository add on by following another tutorial on how to do it, and I am just recovering and installing everything I need from there, I also installed others repositories in order to make sure I have all add ons I had before, the most important thing is that the video resolution was fixed.

but now, for some reason, my remote control is not working, I am using my mouse, but I would like the remote control works as it is suposed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2gvNQF8vc

Which firmware did you download and install exactly?

As we have 2 versions for 2 different remotes, you might have installed the wrong one.

"As for the latest file with KODI. If you are using Android 4.1 you CANNOT USE THIS FILE. If you install this file, it will brick your box."

Nice...this is the only place I saw this warning...now my box is bricked.

I also just read only 4.1 supports component out. Which I require and was the reason I purchased the 1200 box anyway.

Great job providing accurate and important information.

"As for the latest file with KODI. If you are using Android 4.1 you CANNOT USE THIS FILE. If you install this file, it will brick your box."

I also just read only 4.1 supports component out. Which I require and was the reason I purchased the 1200 box anyway.

We have the sections for files separated into Android 4.1 and 4.2 in our downloads section.

We also put a warning in big red letters at the top of the new file page to not use it if you are running Android 4.1

Sorry if you bricked the box, but the warnings are there.

We have the sections for files separated into Android 4.1 and 4.2 in our downloads section.

We also put a warning in big red letters at the top of the new file page to not use it if you are running Android 4.1

There are zero warnings where the new firmware is listed and downloaded or the in youtube upgrade video.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2493

Does the new update allow for component cable connections or are they still disabled?

Today I had to hook up one atv1200 via composite video mode and the picture quality is barely acceptable, small letters on screen are almost illegible... I set the box in Android from default 480 to 576 (or something like that, only two choices there) and didn't see much improvement.

Now I am wondering if the tv also needs to select that 576 mode in its setting to meet the atv box halfway? Does it make sense? The tv I was trying the composite video on is set to 720p I think. Its an older tv with HDMI inputs but I need to setup atv1200 for another tv that only has component, composite and s-video inputs where the last two are out as per justin's answer and there being no s-video out

Does the new update allow for component cable connections or are they still disabled?

Today I had to hook up one atv1200 via composite video mode and the picture quality is barely acceptable, small letters on screen are almost illegible... I set the box in Android from default 480 to 576 (or something like that, only two choices there) and didn't see much improvement.

Now I am wondering if the tv also needs to select that 576 mode in its setting to meet the atv box halfway? Does it make sense? The tv I was trying the composite video on is set to 720p I think. Its an older tv with HDMI inputs but I need to setup atv1200 for another tv that only has component, composite and s-video inputs where the last two are out as per justin's answer and there being no s-video out

For North America we use 480 for RCA/Composite on TV's. 576 is for PAL TVs in Europe and other parts of the world.

720P can only be used on Component or HDMI

Updated with the Feb 2015 atv1200 firmware with kodi and mygica store app and slingplayer now just displays "Optimizing" with black screen when playing HD resolution. Will only display video with SD resolution.

Any help will appreciated, thanks in advance.

Updated with the Feb 2015 atv1200 firmware with kodi and mygica store app and slingplayer now just displays "Optimizing" with black screen when playing HD resolution. Will only display video with SD resolution.

Any help will appreciated, thanks in advance.

Anybody have any suggestions for this?

Sorry but I do not have a Slingbox

I upgraded my 1200 to the latest file, but used the kr34 remote instead of the kr60. I tried to download the file for the kr60 and do the upgrade but the file won't show up. Should I do a hard upgrade using this file?

There are zero warnings where the new firmware is listed and downloaded or the in youtube upgrade video.

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2493

Hi, i need a tool software for recover m­­ygica atv for a bad upgrade to 4.4.2 ve­­rsion, i cant recover it making a boo­t­ sd card with the tool of geniatech .

I need a tool software for recover th­e ­boot of Mygica atv 1200 from the compu­t­er with instructions in english, thanks­­...

Hi Justin,

I watched the video and followed it. I saw the robot with the progress bar moving from left to right and seems to have rebooted on its own. However the atv 1200 stayed black with no output to the hdmi port.

Any way to recover from this? I have since tried to follow the hard reset procedure, but have not been able to be the box to turn on. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi, i need a tool software for recover m­­ygica atv for a bad upgrade to 4.4.2 ve­­rsion, i cant recover it making a boo­t­ sd card with the tool of geniatech .

I need a tool software for recover th­e ­boot of Mygica atv 1200 from the compu­t­er with instructions in english, thanks­­...

we do not have a such a file, since it could distroy the recovery chip in the box, then no more power to the box, we do have warranty setup, if your under a year contact us and will fix it for you, also if your over Year still contact we do still support you guys

Ok, but for a bad upgrade i must put my device in the trash because mygica hasnt a software tool for recover the device for a bad upgrade like this:

*** NO EXTERNAL LINKS ALLOWED HERE ***

S.O.S , i wont buy more mygica devices because for a bad upgrade i cant make use of them, because mygica hasnt a pc tool software for recover the

device from the computer and for make more sure the upgrade of mygica devices also...

But if i can learn to recover the mygica devices from inside , i will still buying this mark of high quality.

For this reason i need a detailed video or stuff of how unbrick mygica atv 1200 from inside, thanks...

i only need stuff like in this link but with visual information about how unbrick mygica atv 1200 from inside, if i cant get this information here , this site no sense for me if this site is a real support of Mygica for the users of your products...

*** NO EXTERNAL LINKS ALLOWED HERE ***

Sorry that you feel that way, but Mygica have its own warranty system, if you need help you can use our help line and call and get support and ship your box to get it fixed,

Again its not as easy as you think to fix Mygica ATV1200, it needs a chip replacement, and for people that don't know how to solider forget it

support@mygica.ca told me, that they handle only warranty units which were purchased in North America and support@mygica.com kept me waiting for month and in the end they told me to contact my vendor and ask for a replacement.

Guess what, my vendor refuses to help and told me to contact MyGica.

http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2077&sid=5c8bd7456fcc493d798e14a9f7db9d22

There are others like me in Germany with the same problem and no one is willing to help us.

thank you for that feed back, we were told they are taking care, but i have added our email too just so we could check and know what is going on.

I know they are forming a support team in Europe.. but till then .com will take care of you

please send another email and cc to us i am sure they will process your request quick