Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JUNE 20TH, 2015

NEW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of June 20th, 2015. Next version I will have a lot of the pre installed apps updated to there latest versions, and will also be removing a lot of the pre installed add ons as well.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

3. Added KODI 14.2 MyGica Edition.

4. KR20/MAG REMOTE BUTTON LAYOUT FIXED, AS IT WAS NOT MAPPED OUT PROPERLY BEFORE

5. Wifi Speed Issues should be resolved. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

6. Faster OS and UI. This includes the ATV 582/380

7. Fixed Netflix audio out of sync issues. **MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST NETFLIX APP AVAILABLE FROM THE PLAY STORE, IT WILL ALSO PROMPT YOU TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES**I have tested Netflix myself for over a week, and do not have issues with it anymore.

8. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150617.zip

ATV1800 Feedback so far:

1. Instalation went okay - had to pull the power 3 times for update to complete.

2. Noticed auto switch on resolution gone - if by design, I don't mind :-)

3. Netflix audio synch problem still present - latest Netflix version from Google Play store.

4. Sounds cuts out when watching video for a split second in Kodi.

Will continue testing as time progress but that's my feedback for now.

Edited by Guest

No issues with install (Saved img, booted, selected update from local, installed, reset device from menu to install Kodi).

Problem with blue screen after sleep or hibernate is fixed.

Mouse, WiFi keyboard and remote now more responsive.

Tested BR HD, no flicker or tearing, audio in sync. no HDMI Blacking out.

Running via ether so did not test WiFi speed.

Google playstore now working, updated apps.

I not sure if this is the correct thread to request a feature but it would be appreciated if a auto-shutdown option can be added to Kodi. I sometimes fall asleep during movies and it would be great if the box can shutdown when a movie finished.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Toy

Looking forward to trying this new update out!

@Toy: You can achieve automatic powering down in Kodi by setting Kodi's screen saver to the 'Android Power Options' screen saver. I've been using this for a while; works nicely.

See here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198675

You could also use SPMC (which is a separate fork of the Kodi project on Android) rather than 'vanilla' Kodi.

I just updated to this FW on my 582, no install problems - all existing apps and configuration has been maintained. Tried connecting my XBOX360 controller, but it still isn't recognized as it was with the 20141105 FW.

Is there some configuration change I need to make with these new FW's? Or is it an issue with the FW itself that needs to be resolved?

Thanks,

Erik

I just did this update for my ATV 582. It froze halfway through. I power cycled it and it completed the second time and it restarted.

Once the UI was back up, I got some error about ir something died. Guessing it was a daemon for the remote? The remote seemed to work fine though.

- wireless mouse much more responsive in what I tried.

- still getting a blank screen in both flixster and cinemanow apps when I try to watch a movie I own. I get audio, but a black screen once the movie starts. Both worked perfectly before the last update. Very frustrating and a primary use for me of the box. Particulalrly as the USED to work just fine.

- ctvGO app crashes regularly. I go to all shows, then click on a show, displays a new page and then crashes. Every time. Doesn't do that on my phone.

- latest youtube app doesn't work well with the remote. You have a page for of videos, but you can no longer scroll down to get the videos off screen

- latest netflix has similar problem. When clicking on a show, you get a list of episodes. You can't scroll down to the off screen episodes.

For the above, seems they only respond to a flicking action. up/down arrows do nothing. Makes the remote useless.

- it would be REALLY nice if the unit supported chromecast and screen mirroring. It allows one to access some apps that don't work well on the

ATV.

Took a few tries, but upgrade finally took, can say the Playstore works but Kodi remained at 14.1. Not a deal breaker!! Did have to re-format the SD card completely before it applied the update properly.

Box went thru the motions but never updated until I reformatted the SD card and did it again. Just a heads up if anyone else is having the same issue.

Will go thru the rest when I have time and if anything pops up I'll report in!!

Install worked perfect on my 380, first time I've made it through an install without rebooting.

All my apps are still here and working fine.

Still Kodi 14.1.

I'll let you know if I still experience lack of display after turning the TV on after leaving it alone for a few hours.

Unless I have overlooked them, I haven't found instructions on how to install this latest beta file (img). I have tried using usb as well as micro disk with no success. Please help. The model I have is the AV 582.

ANYBODY???????????????????????

Unless I have overlooked them, I haven't found instructions on how to install this latest beta file (img). I have tried using usb as well as micro disk with no success. Please help. The model I have is the AV 582.

ANYBODY???????????????????????

Download to USB from PC then plug into box then select software update from settings. Select local update. Select file click OK. then wait.

Successfully installed the update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150601.img on my 582 after two attempts through Recovery Mode.

● MyGica TV remote is working again

● Logitech F310 gamepad still not working

● Kodi 14.2 running fine and existing configurations kept

● Some Android apps not running and Google Play Store is giving a connection error

Successfully installed the update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150601.img on my 582 after two attempts through Recovery Mode.

● MyGica TV remote is working again

● Logitech F310 gamepad still not working

● Kodi 14.2 running fine and existing configurations kept

● Some Android apps not running and Google Play Store is giving a connection error

You could do a factory reset to see if the google play store issue is fixed. Yes there are some apps the do need to be updated. This is why you need google play store. I have also mentioned the game controller issue about this firmware.

You could do a factory reset to see if the google play store issue is fixed. Yes there are some apps the do need to be updated. This is why you need google play store. I have also mentioned the game controller issue about this firmware.

Okay thanks Mark. I'm going to do a factory reset and report back how it goes.

No luck with the factory reset from Google settings. When I click the final step "Erase everything" nothing happens.

Think I will try do a fresh install from recovery mode now.

I noticed that Google Play Store and some other apps work for a while off a fresh boot, but then it stops working after a while.

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=2986&p=11820&sid=748e8bcf098e3edeaf9e59e798e89a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

Thank you Justin! Looks awesome and I'm very excited.

FYI I was able to successfully do a factory reset and Google Play Store and apps are working on update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150601.img!

Will install the new beta and report back.

I updated to this firmware and I still get "Check your connection and try again." Network works fine. At least Netflix loads, cannot test audio at the moment.

Been quiet lately - how do people feel in general over the latest BETA vs. the March release? Worth switching over?

@Justin - couple of questions based on your last post which was pretty exciting:

1) Next release - will it sitll be OTA? And is it still 4.4 with Kodi 14.2?

2) Any ETA on the 5.0.x release, and I'm assuming that will have kodi 15.

On Kodi - now that it is available on the play store - will the plan to be not to install it as a system app? I'm assuming it is as it won't get an update through the store (I have other devices where I sideloaded Kodi and it update automagically).

Thanks, and again, appreciate all the work and feedback - love mygica device so much more based on the interactions through the forum.

:D

Regards.

I have to say that with latest firmware everything is ok. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH GOOGLE PLAY KODI 15 because sound is not in sync with picture. But with mygica edition 14.2 everything is fine. I lost a lot of time to set this little box and I have to say that this is the best expirience for multimedia. Regards

OK, new to the forum as well as owning a MyGica box (ATV582) however I have owned an IXOS DS for a couple of years.

Downloaded the beta FW 20/06/2015 and ran through the install process and found the following.

1), Took two goes to install the firmware. this was consistent as I performed a number of rollbacks and re-updates. What occurs is that first time around it appears to get mostly through updating and then seems to hang. A restart and reapply does succeed on the second time around.

2), Kodi issues. Kodi 14.2 playback is unusably slow (at least for myself) Tried combos of Software and Hardware decoding, restarts, library rebuilding all to no avail. Installed XBMC 13.2 and all was fine for playback both hardware and software decoding. Updated the 13.2 XBMC install to 15.0 B2 and video playback was also Ok apart from audio which as soon as a movie file was played audio was lost (all audio including interface feedback sound). Exiting Kodi and resetting the MyGica digital audio detection brought the sound back until another movie file was played. Most of my movie/TV shows are h264 with AAC 5.1/DTS audio with a smattering of DVIX and XVID from SD to 1080p HD and none functioned.

On the other hand the IXOS DS box has Kodi 14.2 and works perfectly, best it's ever been actually and totally usable. I mention as a comparison. I still like the MyGica because it has more capable hardware where as the IXOS was always lacking in that regard.

So for the moment I've rolled back to the March FW: and am runnning XBMC 13.2. I've also tested Kodi 14.2 on said FW and it's playback speed is too slow to be usable.

I hear others don't seem to have such an issue with playback speed, however I've installed nothing else apart from the default firmware and XBMC/Kodi and I was hoping to have both the MyGica and IXOS both running Kodi 14.2 so I could run a central library on one of my NAS.

Any hints as to anything I can do for the unusable playback speeds for Kodi 14 and above?

Also how do I get XBMC/Kodi to place data on an SD card? For the IXOS DS if an SD card is mounted the system will automatically use the card for data storage but that doesn't appear to be the case for the 582?

I'll also post my findings over to the Kodi forums as well.

Cheers Tony M