Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JUNE 20TH, 2015

I just bought the 1800e and plugged it in. I put in my google play info and the screen doesnt load anything. What do I do? Shouldnt it at least work since its coming straight out of the freaking box?this is kind of ridiculous.

After doing another factory reset,clearing dalvik cache,

Google play store : error connecting

Mygica Store: An error occurred

Youtube: Not loading any video

The browser is working however.

Kodi keeps crashing.

I also tested this with two different ISP accounts and made no difference

I also think this is ridiculous now and will definitely tell everyone I know not to buy this product.

This is respons to Quantum_Amiga problem

I really do not know what is causing problem with your unit. I also have latest beta with stock kodi 14.2 and I have to say videos are super fast as the kodi interface. Now I also have wdtv live gen 3 as media player and it is too slow to compare to atv 582, other tv in the house have atv1200 which is also slower than atv 582. The only modification that I made to the box is to external cache movie memory to sd card, This is mod that you have explained on youtube.

Regards.

For now all good, Gplay working, KODI 14.2 here.

Only one little thing is that in Settings- CEC settings there is no icon showing ON/OFF, it was there before.

We have another firmware update coming within the next 10 days.

Will update all of the pre installed apps, plus should overcome the Play Store issues some of you are still having, along with the apps giving issues as well due to the play store problems.

We are still on Android 4.4 for those of you that have been asking on this thread.

Android 5.0.2 is not available yet, only on the 1900AC. I am not sure of the release date yet for it on the rest of our Quad Core models.

We have another firmware update coming within the next 10 days.

Will update all of the pre installed apps, plus should overcome the Play Store issues some of you are still having, along with the apps giving issues as well due to the play store problems.

We are still on Android 4.4 for those of you that have been asking on this thread.

Android 5.0.2 is not available yet, only on the 1900AC. I am not sure of the release date yet for it on the rest of our Quad Core models.

Justin, I hope it will fix Netflix.... I'm still on the 20150321 firmware since I was not having the same degree of problems others are having. However, after the latest update of Netflix is is not watchable because of dropping frames and sound out of sync. It had these issues before, but not to the same extent.

FBN

I cant use my Netflix subscription as the audio is out of synch still - hope the new firmware will fix the problem.

I am currently wasting $8.99 a month as I cannot use the service.

I cant use my Netflix subscription as the audio is out of synch still - hope the new firmware will fix the problem.

Are you able to take a Video capture of this or at least a good video with a camera?

As I cannot reproduce this issue on any unit here. I have tested Netflix for many many hours

Let me know

Thanks

Are you able to take a Video capture of this or at least a good video with a camera?

As I cannot reproduce this issue on any unit here. I have tested Netflix for many many hours

Let me know

Thanks

I'm not the only one having issues on Netflix on the firmware and others have reported the same audio synch issues.

The audio is either ahead or behind on the Netflix video being played and I have tried to fix it with a bypass on my TV but it doesnt work. I'll try and see if I can take a video but it will be amateur at best :-)

Also have you tested both wired and Ethernet on your side? I will do the same but if I can recall I tried this already.

Thanks

Justin,

I can confirm that the audio sync issue in NetFlix is there with the June firmware, and makes NetFlix unwatchable. I tried a dozen or so different videos in NetFlix and all are the same.

I think I saw the same issue in another app as well. I'll try to do some more testing on the weekend, and take a short video clip.

Phil

I'm not the only one having issues on Netflix on the firmware and others have reported the same audio synch issues.

The audio is either ahead or behind on the Netflix video being played and I have tried to fix it with a bypass on my TV but it doesnt work. I'll try and see if I can take a video but it will be amateur at best :-)

Also have you tested both wired and Ethernet on your side? I will do the same but if I can recall I tried this already.

Thanks

I fully agree with databubble ... the Netflix has gone to hell and I cannot watch it like this.

The Netflix on this build is not up to standard and its the only reason why I still have a problem with this device. Its not a bad device & does what it should but I'm missing out on my paid Netflix subscription and I dont think its fair towards other users of the Netflix service including myself.

Please push the Geniatech developers further for a release - Really looking forward to the next release but its just plain silly that we have to wait so long between releases and bug fixes.

Ok I bit the bullet and updated to the latest Beta 20150617 on my ATV1800e

The good news.... :)

The update went well, no issues at all.

I can now get the video on my Dell monitor, which would not work on the 20150321 version. This is a big plus for me because I can now test the box without tying up a TV.

Playstore working fine, but it did before on old FW.

The power button on the front of the box now works to turn it off and on. However, holding down the button to shut the unit totally off doesn't work like it does on the ATV1200. 1800e gives you two options standby or reboot, but no off. So to turn it off totally you must unplug it from the AC?

Kodi installed to version 14.2 and seems to work ok.

Youtube seems to work... but I never use it.

No black screen issue, but never had it on the old FW.

Power on and off from remote works fine, but never had an issue with this on the old FW.

The bad news.... :(

Netflix has major audio sync issues still and jerking video, most noticeable when camera is panning. Issues were seen with both the installed version of Netflix and the updated version from play store. Sound seems to lag video, tried both optical and RCA outputs, but not tried HDMI yet.

MyGica Store doesn't work anymore. Just get "MyGica" splash screen and returns to the main launcher screen.

WIFI data speeds are slow. It was fine with the the old FW. Max I get now is 5M down and 10M up for both 2.4 and 5GHz. Ethernet is fine with max down of 100M and 11M up. I only use the ethernet, so not a big deal to me, but likely is to many others.

I think that most users would be happy for now to get Netflix working and get better WIFI speeds. I have now moved my old ATV1200 to my main TV and disconnected the ATV1800e completely and waiting for a new FW to address the major issues. I bought the 1800e to be used on my main TV and moved the 1200 to the basement TV... that was the plan... unfortunately I bought something I can't use right now.

Hope this feedback is helpful in solving the major issues.

FBN

for some reason My 1800 E Last years model is not connecting to your servers to update !!!!! Feeling really ripped off here!!!! PS. When is the Bluetooth gonna get fixed on this device

Ok I bit the bullet and updated to the latest Beta 20150617 on my ATV1800e

The good news.... :)

The update went well, no issues at all.

I can now get the video on my Dell monitor, which would not work on the 20150321 version. This is a big plus for me because I can now test the box without tying up a TV.

Playstore working fine, but it did before on old FW.

The power button on the front of the box now works to turn it off and on. However, holding down the button to shut the unit totally off doesn't work like it does on the ATV1200. 1800e gives you two options standby or reboot, but no off. So to turn it off totally you must unplug it from the AC?

Kodi installed to version 14.2 and seems to work ok.

Youtube seems to work... but I never use it.

No black screen issue, but never had it on the old FW.

Power on and off from remote works fine, but never had an issue with this on the old FW.

The bad news.... :(

Netflix has major audio sync issues still and jerking video, most noticeable when camera is panning. Issues were seen with both the installed version of Netflix and the updated version from play store. Sound seems to lag video, tried both optical and RCA outputs, but not tried HDMI yet.

MyGica Store doesn't work anymore. Just get "MyGica" splash screen and returns to the main launcher screen.

WIFI data speeds are slow. It was fine with the the old FW. Max I get now is 5M down and 10M up for both 2.4 and 5GHz. Ethernet is fine with max down of 100M and 11M up. I only use the ethernet, so not a big deal to me, but likely is to many others.

I think that most users would be happy for now to get Netflix working and get better WIFI speeds. I have now moved my old ATV1200 to my main TV and disconnected the ATV1800e completely and waiting for a new FW to address the major issues. I bought the 1800e to be used on my main TV and moved the 1200 to the basement TV... that was the plan... unfortunately I bought something I can't use right now.

Hope this feedback is helpful in solving the major issues.

FBN

I just wanted to add that when I tried to update to the latest Netflix it didn't require that I update to the latest Google Play Services, maybe that the problem? Also, I tried without success to capture the Netflix video showing the out of sync issue.... I tried four different apps and all did not work, they all seemed to have a problem saving the mp4 file. I tried these apps on my android phone and they worked fine. Is there something very different about the android version being used by MyGica? :?

FBN

for some reason My 1800 E Last years model is not connecting to your servers to update !!!!! Feeling really ripped off here!!!! PS. When is the Bluetooth gonna get fixed on this device

We do not have an OTA Update available right now for any models. You must install manually.

And we are still not able to provide External USB Bluetooth support as AMLogic has not provided this to us at all.

I have tried 6+ Hours of Video on Netflix using this firmware, with zero Audio Sync issues.

I have been trying to reproduce this issue, but I cannot.

I will try this on more units here to see if I can reproduce this

Is this happening on all videos that are being watched? Or just some?

I am posting up a new firmware sometime this week hopefully.

Will fix the nasty Playstore issues some of you are still having

Just working out a few more issues on what I received on Fri.

We are also working on providing OPENELEC Support for the 1800E/582/380

At first will be offered as a standalone OS, so no Android. And then we will also provide a dual boot option with Android and Openelec.

Should be available very soon.

I have tried 6+ Hours of Video on Netflix using this firmware, with zero Audio Sync issues.

I have been trying to reproduce this issue, but I cannot.

I will try this on more units here to see if I can reproduce this

Is this happening on all videos that are being watched? Or just some?

Everything I have tried has been out of sync... it appears that the audio is lagging behind the video. It is very noticeable and makes watching Netflix too distracting. Try it on a new unit, since I'm having the problem on a fairly new 1800e which was originally shipped with the 0321 firmware.

FBN

Edited by Guest

Hello.

I just want to make some suggestions about this thread. I can imagine how we all are angry if something is not working properly. On the other hand there is Justin behind Mygica team trying to figure out how to help us.

The one BIG problem is that this is android box with endless possibilities of how to modify it and sometimes we installed or activate something that we shouldn't.

But to resolve this issues that we have. For example Netflix i recomend to film short video and post it here or on YouTube so that Justin and we can see the problem. I am not saying that you don't have the problem but show us so we can help.

For example I had one problem regarding livetv pvr where kodi was constantly doing caching... I have spent few days to discover that I need to increase pvr cache to 20 sec and now all is fine.

The other problem that I noticed is that network led is not blinking when I am doing some stream.

Justin in other section (there is printscreen of my tv ) I asked how in 4k mygica launcher change location for weather from sharorah to our location, it is not pain in the... but I don't want sharorah either.

Thx and regards.

But to resolve this issues that we have. For example Netflix i recomend to film short video and post it here or on YouTube so that Justin and we can see the problem. I am not saying that you don't have the problem but show us so we can help.

As previously mentioned on this thread, I tried video capture apps to record the audio sync issue, however NONE of them worked. If you or someone here can find one that works on the 1800e, please let me know and I will use it to record. I spend a great deal of time trying to get it recorded only to get nothing, empty mp4 files, or error messages telling me the path was not found or invalid. Yet the path is there and the app that created it could not find it. I tried to record from my phone, but felt the quality was not good enough to share.

Please believe me and the many others out there that this audio sync issue is very real!

FBN