Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JUNE 20TH, 2015

NEW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of June 20th, 2015. Next version I will have a lot of the pre installed apps updated to there latest versions, and will also be removing a lot of the pre installed add ons as well.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

3. Added KODI 14.2 MyGica Edition.

4. KR20/MAG REMOTE BUTTON LAYOUT FIXED, AS IT WAS NOT MAPPED OUT PROPERLY BEFORE

5. Wifi Speed Issues should be resolved. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

6. Faster OS and UI. This includes the ATV 582/380

7. Fixed Netflix audio out of sync issues. **MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST NETFLIX APP AVAILABLE FROM THE PLAY STORE, IT WILL ALSO PROMPT YOU TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES**I have tested Netflix myself for over a week, and do not have issues with it anymore.

8. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150617.zip

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

3. Added KODI 14.2 MyGica Edition.

4. KR20/MAG REMOTE BUTTON LAYOUT FIXED, AS IT WAS NOT MAPPED OUT PROPERLY BEFORE

5. Wifi Speed Issues should be resolved. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

6. Faster OS and UI. This includes the ATV 582/380

7. Fixed Netflix audio out of sync issues. **MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST NETFLIX APP AVAILABLE FROM THE PLAY STORE**

I just finished flashing this new firmware. Here is my findings:

Booted into recovery and cleaned cache partition. Then flashed firmware IMG file from root of SD1. Re cleaned cache (habit). Rebooted back to Mygica desktop.

Results:

1. Playstore works fine. I upgraded all necessary apps including Netflix and Speedtest. I had already flashed the playstore patch prior to this so I didn't have the playstore issue. Therefore I don't know if this firmware fixed it.

2. I have no HDMI blacking out with this new firmware (that I have noticed thus far) . However I didn't have blacking out issues that others were reporting on last firmware. There fore I don't know if this firmware fixed this issue.

3. This firmware kept me at Kodi 14.1. I didn't get the 14.2 update. I did not factory reset either. Perhaps that is why. Although Justin did post that a Factory Reset was not necessary.

4. This does not apply to me. I use a universal remote and have never had these issues. I'm not even sure of the model number of my Mygica remote.

5. I did put my mygica box on WiFi temporarily to test the speed. I have 150mbit service. On Ethernet I was consistently getting 93 to 97mbit download speeds. With WiFi i got between 7 and 8mbit on the same speed test servers. No improvement was noticed from last firmware.

6. I don't notice any faster OS or interface speeds. This is not measuring with an app but just seat of the pants.

7. I still notice slight out of sync audio on Netflix. I did update to the latest Netflix on Playstore prior to testing.

That is it. These are my findings. Please post yours. I hope the final of this firmware address's the issues.

Thanks for posting a beta Justin.

The beta is installed on my 1800e .

My sole reason for getting the 1800 was so I could put up rtsp streams from security cameras on the big TV screen with kodi.

The march version worked but would lock up the video and continue streaming audio after an hour or so.

The june beta is worse. Most of the streams are jumpy, it's as if kodi can't determine what frame rate the stream is using.

I'm plugged with a cable. ! no wifi . A gen1 rasPI does a better job. Just twice as slow loading the stream, but usually plays at the proper fps.

There is also an android app for my nvr. It works fine on all the phones and tablets over wifi , but on the 1800 it jumps or skips worse than kodi does.

Hi,

I just updates to the new firmware, but it says by Kody v14,0?

Best regards,

This is unlikely. Where did you see the version number?

When I start up Kody is say's 14.0

After kodi starts go to /system/information to need your build version and build date. Then post it here. It should be 14.1

What version of Android is this? I'm hoping for 5.0 so the interface would be more TV box friendly...Netflix is a pain to use with the mouse

What build number does it say for your MyGica firmware (in settings)

Sorry, I didn't see that pic. Well that is weird. On the last firmware update (the one before this one) it didn't update your kodi?

I would say that if you backup your data and then boot to recovery and do a factory reset, your kodi will reinstall next boot. Then it should be kodi 14.1 or 14.2.

i did firmware update aswell as 15.0 beta2 working just awsome. did back up first so nothing was lost. good work guys!

i did firmware update aswell as 15.0 beta2 working just awsome. did back up first so nothing was lost. good work guys!

You upgraded to kodi 15. Beta2 from the kodi web site?

I also updated the firmware. And I also, like you had Kodi 14.0.

I completely remove it. Then I downloaded from the site www.kodi.tv Kodi 14.2 new version and install it.

Everything works fine, no problems found. I suppose that in this way you can install any version of Kodi, including 15.0

What version of Android is this? I'm hoping for 5.0 so the interface would be more TV box friendly...Netflix is a pain to use with the mouse

Will Netflix have a special app for unofficial Android TV's running 5.0? Thought you had to be certified by Netflix to avoid the Android box behaving like a phone hooked up to a TV and at a maximum SD resolution?

Netflix via the mouse built into most remotes is not a great experience.

yes I, deinstalled Kodi 14,0 and reinstalled koi 14,2 and it worked great.

Thanks fote all you're great help guys

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=2986&p=11820&sid=748e8bcf098e3edeaf9e59e798e89a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

This is looking good. I do hope the official Android TV launcher will be available, if not pre installed then downloadable from the play store and compatible.

I really don't understand why you add a launcher that is so limited. Googles Official Launcher is beautiful and very usable. If you guys spend less time on development of your launcher and UI and just run stock you would be able to get these updates out that much faster because you would be able to focus on what matters getting our hardware to work.

Don't get me wrong i'm glad you are getting there, but Lollipop was released 7 months ago. At this pace I would be surprised if you get this out before "M" is released at the end of the year.

This is looking good. I do hope the official Android TV launcher will be available, if not pre installed then downloadable from the play store and compatible.

I really don't understand why you add a launcher that is so limited. Googles Official Launcher is beautiful and very usable. If you guys spend less time on development of your launcher and UI and just run stock you would be able to get these updates out that much faster because you would be able to focus on what matters getting our hardware to work.

Don't get me wrong i'm glad you are getting there, but Lollipop was released 7 months ago. At this pace I would be surprised if you get this out before "M" is released at the end of the year.

I assume your referring to this Launcher???

This is running as a Demo on our ATV1900AC running 5.0.2

Yes Android 5.0 came out 7 Months ago, but not all devices have ported to it. I still have some Android Phones that haven't even been updated to Android 5.0 yet.

AMLogic only gave us the Android 5 SDK about 6 months ago, just there is a lot of work that goes into making it stable.

IMG_20150620_150245.jpg.b40a99c69d95ead6c6448b10fd11725e.jpg

IMG_20150620_150229.jpg.bcf949d402eeb6524d6e296cb40d54f8.jpg

@Justin, would we be able to switch between the Leanback launcher and let's say Nova or similar launcher?

I can't get past the 31 March update without losing Google play ... I don't get it ... :-(

Can get on the new SDK and new beta fw no problem via upgrade but no Google Play.

Cleared cache etc .... I don't think I'm doing anything wrong at this stage.

The only way I can to get Google Play again to work is to revert to GMS Feb firmware, login to the Playstore, and the apply the March 31 firmware. Even after applying the beta this no longer works ... you might be doing something wrong IMHO that's why the mixed user experience.

We need more regular updates ... not betas, I know the mods are trying for us to retain settings etc by not full update including box erase but it took my hours try to get Playstore to work. It still doesn't work - hope we get what we ask for as I have spent many hours to troubleshoot and has to revert back to a working box ... it takes time .... and frustration. Having official updates ensures less frustration, working Google play, Netflix etc. More official updates with working Playstore, Netflix etc - would be appreciated, even if it does a full wipe of the box.This is holding us back big time ... this is the type of user experience that is dismal and would ecourage me to buy something else.

I'll spend less time installing and configuring again instead of rolling back and seeing where it went wrong or deciding or

contemplating if it will work going ahead to load a new beta only to find my Google Play doesn't work. Yes betas are betas, I get that but if you don't release official releases in a timeous fashion what are we to do for bug fixes.

The forum is flooded with folks who can't get Google Play to work. Version control or the way Mygica conducts it, is less than desirable at this stage. You have to improve the handling of this.

I can help myself with these boxes - but the novice user won't get it and will eventually give up.