Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JUNE 20TH, 2015

This is looking good. I do hope the official Android TV launcher will be available, if not pre installed then downloadable from the play store and compatible.

I really don't understand why you add a launcher that is so limited. Googles Official Launcher is beautiful and very usable. If you guys spend less time on development of your launcher and UI and just run stock you would be able to get these updates out that much faster because you would be able to focus on what matters getting our hardware to work.

Don't get me wrong i'm glad you are getting there, but Lollipop was released 7 months ago. At this pace I would be surprised if you get this out before "M" is released at the end of the year.

I assume your referring to this Launcher???

This is running as a Demo on our ATV1900AC running 5.0.2

Yes Android 5.0 came out 7 Months ago, but not all devices have ported to it. I still have some Android Phones that haven't even been updated to Android 5.0 yet.

AMLogic only gave us the Android 5 SDK about 6 months ago, just there is a lot of work that goes into making it stable.

I am sorry I mean no harm, I can only imagine how much work goes into these updates as I am not a Developer. With that said I stand by my comment. If you spend less time (No Time) on UI because Google has already developed GREAT UI, then you can focus ALL your time and developers/coders to making your boxes stable.

1. Play Store issue is fixed

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

3. Added KODI 14.2 MyGica Edition.

4. KR20/MAG REMOTE BUTTON LAYOUT FIXED, AS IT WAS NOT MAPPED OUT PROPERLY BEFORE

5. Wifi Speed Issues should be resolved. **PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK ON THIS**

6. Faster OS and UI. This includes the ATV 582/380

7. Fixed Netflix audio out of sync issues. **MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST NETFLIX APP AVAILABLE FROM THE PLAY STORE, IT WILL ALSO PROMPT YOU TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES**I have tested Netflix myself for over a week, and do not have issues with it anymore.

8. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

Justin I flashed this firmware as an IMG on SD Card.

booted to recovery, cleaned cache, flashed IMG.

The update didn't complete so I had to unplug and reboot to to recovery and flash again. This time it went fine.

My findings thus far:

1. The playstore didn't work after the update so I went back to recovery and flashed the playstore patch file. Now it works again.

2. As I have posted before, I don't seem to get this HDMI blackout problem so I can't comment on it.

3. This time it added Kodi 14.2 to my box. However I uninstalled it and then went to playstore and installed Kodi 15 beta 2 (as this was what I was using prior to the update) Very stable on the 1800e BTW.

4. Again, can't comment on the remote button issue as I don't use the factory remote.

5. I had to download the Ookla speed test app from playstore because it wasn't any longer in the firmware. I did a wireless speed test and got about 40mb down and 15mb up. On Ethernet I get 100mb down 19mb up. FYI.

6. seat of the pants opinion on the speed of the UI and OS is that it seems to be a bit faster. I don't know if Kodi 15 plays into this or not.

7. Netflix audio is still out of sync.

8. I don't know if this is a new kernel level but here is my current kernel version number. 3.100.33

Does anyone else know if the kernel updated?

Thats my findings. I will continue to use this firmware as it is stable enough for me. Looking forward to the lollipop update and all that goes with it.

Thanks Justin.

Not working play store after update from june 20th. I think, that device requare registr in Play Market.

Mr, Justin. Please, add support of external Bluetooth USB stick in future firmware !!!

Where can we find the Google Play patch file? It could have saved me a lot of trouble and time.

I agree with @Freakrant - Netflix still has sync issues in this release.

I have been using the June 20th Beta firmware for 5 days. All is working good, no more black screens, on Sharp Aquos tv. Netflix audio is still out of sync, but much better. No comment on wireless speed, as I am hardwired.

I have been using the June 20th Beta firmware for 5 days. All is working good, no more black screens, on Sharp Aquos tv. Netflix audio is still out of sync, but much better. No comment on wireless speed, as I am hardwired.

i dont have or ever used netflix.. but maybe they have an audio off set like our kodi does ? jus my 2 pennies worth..

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php? ... a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

hey bro... like i posted not long after your release.. still runnin new firm an beta 2.. lovin it.. updated friends n family w it aswell n everyones happy w pic-speed-over all layout. . its im my opinion best one yet. thanks for the great work..props :D

Have issues installing this beta on my 1800e2015 edition. Keeps giving me "signature verification error".. Re-downloaded it numerous times and same error pops up. Help.

Hi Team,

Just installed beta and Youtube is not at all playing anything.Model 1800e.Can you please look in to it?.Let me know if you need any info.

Thanks.

Hi Team,

Just installed beta and Youtube is not at all playing anything.Model 1800e.Can you please look in to it?.Let me know if you need any info.

Thanks.

Works fine here bud.

How are you guys updating this? I've tried 2 different sdcard formatted to fat32 and re downloaded the beta file numerous times and still can't install it.

Gives me signature verification error. I can install the Mar 31 update off same sdcard with no errors. I have the 1800e 2015 edition box. Tried factory reset, wiped cache still same error.

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php? ... a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

hey bro... like i posted not long after your release.. still runnin new firm an beta 2.. lovin it.. updated friends n family w it aswell n everyones happy w pic-speed-over all layout. . its im my opinion best one yet. thanks for the great work..props :D

Actually Justin I dont think Directx 11 is being implemented fully in Kodi 15 - only tested in beta format. Inclusion of Directx 11 will only come as standard in Kodi 16 if you read the website properly

Guys I have watched Netflix here for a few hours, and this was all done randomly.

I do not see the Audio being out of sync, is there anyway one of you could do a video capture of this?

Let me know

Thanks

How are you guys updating this? I've tried 2 different sdcard formatted to fat32 and re downloaded the beta file numerous times and still can't install it.

Gives me signature verification error. I can install the Mar 31 update off same sdcard with no errors. I have the 1800e 2015 edition box. Tried factory reset, wiped cache still same error.

Did you unzip the IMG file from the zip folder and put the IMG file onto the root of the SD Card?

Hi Team,

Thanks.

You Tube working fine here

Did you update to the latest version through the Play Store?

Yes Justin, did unzip it and put it in root of sdcard. Used same procedure as for the March update and it worked well. Just seems to be this newest update that gives me a hard time. Unzipped a copy on my tablet, PC and smartphone and tried those as well. Has to be something with this box or else I'm doing something wrong.

Yes Justin, did unzip it and put it in root of sdcard. Used same procedure as for the March update and it worked well. Just seems to be this newest update that gives me a hard time. Unzipped a copy on my tablet, PC and smartphone and tried those as well. Has to be something with this box or else I'm doing something wrong.

Walk us through your entire procedure that you use to flash this firmware.

Downloaded update from here, unzipped it on pc and copied it to root of sdcard that i formatted fat32. File unzipped and copied over with no issues.

Inserted sdcard into 1800e card slot. Opened up the update app, selected local. Selected the img file and click on OK. Unit reboots and attempts to install. After about 2 minutes and progress bar at about 3/4 way done, stops and gives me verification error.

Also tried rebooting into recovery, clearing cache, factory resetting unit and then install from EXT and select file from sdcard and same thing happens.

Re downloaded file and tried said procedures again and again and same issue everytime.

If i follow those procedures and use the Mar 31 update, all works fine.

Downloaded update from here, unzipped it on pc and copied it to root of sdcard that i formatted fat32. File unzipped and copied over with no issues.

Inserted sdcard into 1800e card slot. Opened up the update app, selected local. Selected the img file and click on OK. Unit reboots and attempts to install. After about 2 minutes and progress bar at about 3/4 way done, stops and gives me verification error.

Also tried rebooting into recovery, clearing cache, factory resetting unit and then install from EXT and select file from sdcard and same thing happens.

Re downloaded file and tried said procedures again and again and same issue everytime.

If i follow those procedures and use the Mar 31 update, all works fine.

Check your PM.

Thank you very much Freakrant, that did it. Obviously there is/was something wrong at my end cause that file worked great. Will have to investigate further to find out why it would decompress properly at this end. Help is greatly appreciated to both you and Justin.

Thank you very much Freakrant, that did it. Obviously there is/was something wrong at my end cause that file worked great. Will have to investigate further to find out why it would decompress properly at this end. Help is greatly appreciated to both you and Justin.

Glad to help. What software are you using to unzip files?

whatever came with windows 7 home edition

Grab a copy of WinZip or winrar from the store. I use winrar. Always works. Does your playstore work on your 1800e?