Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bpv

Firmware

How can I find out which firmware I have on my mygica 582, I still have xbmc on it not kodi, I bought it from a guy who set it up for me I think it was around last summer.

To find your firmware,

Follow these steps,

1. Select Settings on the top

2. Select Other

you should be able to see the Version of OS, kernel version and built version

if you have the 03 27 2015 file then your update to date

to fix and get Kodi just perform a master reset

go to settings// other // more settings // reset //

and follow the buttons after that

let us know how everything went

I didn't see other? I went to settings then more settings then about device my kernel version is 3.10.33 In brackets I have (20140721.170108) it needs to update this is the old xbmc file but I don't have a card reader or micro SD.

I see the reset in more settings under language & input, when I click on it it says (factory data reset, erases all data on device) is that what you are referring to when you say master reset? and if yes and I do this will I get 03 27 2015 file?

So if you go to the update app in your apps drawer (the all apps button) is there an update waiting for you?

I think there is an OTA update for the September firmware but I'm going from memory.

The you would need to manually put on the November firmware, then manually again the March firmware. The November firmware will wipe your device so you'll need back backups, and the March firmware has issues, but there are work arounds to get it working.

I'd try to get your September and November first though as you do need to work it in a step by step fashion.

I checked out the previous firmwares i have the **OLD** ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24** from watching the video. So that means to update to the November then March firmware I need to buy a card reader and a micro SD, not complaining but I think it would me more convenient if the update was just usb.

There's nothing to say oyu can't use USB I don't think - you could try that - I use micro SD for when I did it. Not sure why you would need a card reader, unless that is solely because you don't have a PC or tablet, phone that takes an SD where you could move the file - but even then, put the micro card in your mygica, download the file using the mygica, move the file over to the card.

Probably could use a step by step on the forums for various installs, or videos for using the 'bread & butter' tools like file managers as different people have different skill sets technically.

If I have a card reader and micro SD I can do it no problem but it is kind of in convenient to have to by a card reader and a micro SD to do a (manual update), I will look around to see if I can do it with just a usb, if you find instructions on how to update with usb please post it.

If I have a card reader and micro SD I can do it no problem but it is kind of in convenient to have to by a card reader and a micro SD to do a (manual update), I will look around to see if I can do it with just a usb, if you find instructions on how to update with usb please post it.

the new beta firmware from July 28 of 2015 you can use your USB to update your Software on ATV582.

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3140

the new beta firmware from July 28 of 2015 you can use your USB to update your Software on ATV582.

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3140

Correction, you can do the update using USB only through Recovery Mode Screen.

sorry for taking so long to reply justin, how do i find the recovery mode screen?

thanks in advance

There is an app that is pre loaded on the box called "Quick Boot"

It has option to go into Recovery Mode.

Or you can just use the Reset button on the bottom of the unit.

You have to hold down the reset button for about 15-20 seconds after you plug in the power cord, and it will take you to Recovery Screen.

Thanks for the reply, i checked out the previous firmwares i have the **OLD** ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24**. So that means I have to update to the November, March then July 28 beta firmware correct? And I can do it all with usb?

Thanks for the reply, i checked out the previous firmwares i have the **OLD** ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24**. So that means I have to update to the November, March then July 28 beta firmware correct? And I can do it all with usb?

You should be able to update to July 28th straight from old July 24th without issues

Thanks for the reply, i won't be able to try and update it this weekend or next weekend I'm gonna be busy, I know it doesn't take to long to update but I want to take my time and get every step right my mygica 582 is a good box and I don't want to brick it. Also when i download the july 28 beta firmware file it will be in a zip file do i unzip the file or leave the file as is? I will let u guys know how it goes and one more thing if anyone else have any other pointers please feel free to post.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply, i won't be able to try and update it this weekend or next weekend I'm gonna be busy, I know it doesn't take to long to update but I want to take my time and get every step right my mygica 582 is a good box and I don't want to brick it. Also when i download the july 28 beta firmware file it will be in a zip file do i unzip the file or leave the file as is? I will let u guys know how it goes and one more thing if anyone else have any other pointers please feel free to post.

Thanks in advance.

Whenever I post up files, I usually put the IMG file within a Zip folder.

All you have to do is extract the IMG file from the Zip folder, and then put it onto the SD card or USB drive that you plan to use.

I don't see a quick boot app, where can I get it? I would rather do it that way instead of the reset button way. It seems safer.

Just a reminder i have the **OLD** ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24**.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see a quick boot app, where can I get it? I would rather do it that way instead of the reset button way. It seems safer.

Just a reminder i have the **OLD** ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24**.

Thanks in advance.

You can install Quickboot from the Google Play Store

Just do a search for it

This is the app you should look for on the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... boot&hl=en

I apologize for taking so long to reply Justin it was the holidays and I've been busy. When I try to go into Google play store it always says (check your connection and try again.) And on the bottom in a grey tab it says "Retry". My gmail account is linked to my box, if there is a way to make Google play store work please let me know if not I have to do the reset way, please can you give me simple step by step instructions on how to do the reset properly my mygica 582 is working very well and I don't want to brick it.

I apologize for taking so long to reply Justin it was the holidays and I've been busy. When I try to go into Google play store it always says (check your connection and try again.) And on the bottom in a grey tab it says "Retry". My gmail account is linked to my box, if there is a way to make Google play store work please let me know if not I have to do the reset way, please can you give me simple step by step instructions on how to do the reset properly my mygica 582 is working very well and I don't want to brick it.

You can use these Factory Reset files by going here

Download the ATV 1800/582 Files from the One Drive Link below.

Please note this will factory reset your box, however will bring you up to date on the most recent firmware.

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

I watched the video, that video is dealing with a SD card I just have usb. After (apply update from EXT) there only 2 options (update from SD card and update from udisk) 2:34 - 2:43 from YouTube video. I thought I would be able to update with just a usb, is there step by step instructions or a video on how to update mygica atv 582 with a usb.

Also when I factory reset my mygica I will be up to the most recent firmware do I still have put in the July 28 firmware?

I watched the video, that video is dealing with a SD card I just have usb. After (apply update from EXT) there only 2 options (update from SD card and update from udisk) 2:34 - 2:43 from YouTube video. I thought I would be able to update with just a usb, is there step by step instructions or a video on how to update mygica atv 582 with a usb.

Also when I factory reset my mygica I will be up to the most recent firmware do I still have put in the July 28 firmware?

Those files will only work with an SD Card

That is why an SD Card is used in the Video.

You cannot use USB with those files.

If you factory reset your box through the Android Menu, it will just re install the current firmware you are using

If you watch the video and use the files with an SD card, it will factory reset your box but also install the newest firmware from the SD card.

OK understood but is there any way that I can update with just a usb because on Friday August 21 you said (Correction, you can do the update using USB only through Recovery Mode Screen.)

Also it has been a while since I got my box but when the guy was setting it up for me he never used a SD card, I've been there more then once to buy other things and he would be setting up mygica's for customers and its always a usb he's using.

USB Or SD Card can be used to load Firmware

I mainly use SD card though.

I have said to use SD card before, mainly because I was referring to our Restore Files.

Which you can only use an SD Card for this.

But if you want to install just the IMG File manually using the Upgrade app or Android Recovery screen, you can use either USB or SD card.

I did it, I updated to the 11/19/15 firmware for my mygica 582.

My biggest problem from the beginning was udisk I didn't know what that was where I'm from we call it USB or pendrive ,thumbdrive. Once I found out that udisk meant USB I just took my time followed the instructions and updated.

I want to say thank you to everyone for trying to help me out.