Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JULY 28TH, 2015

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. This should fully fix it **Please Report**

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **More Changes have been made, This should fully fix it. **Please Report*

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

Please report on this update, next version should be final release.

- We will be upgrading to the new Kodi 15.0 Official version, and it should be the official one from the Play Store which will take app updates on its own without losing all of your user data and add on data.

- Also should be adding E-Share and Airplay functionality.

- I am also testing Openelec KODI 15.0 RC1 Version on 1800E and 582. Hope to release that soon, but want to wait for the OPENELEC KODI 15.0 Official edition, if the release takes to long I can put out the RC1 Version for you guys to try.

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150703.zip

Never updated firmware on this box (or any tv box) before.

1)How do I download the zip from my computer to an SD card? I only have a desktop PC with no provisions to insert an SD card...

Why not USB?

2)How can I find out what firmware i'm suing to make sure it's the required latest one (03/21).

3)My box that I bought came pre-loaded with all add-ons etc etc. Will the firmware update delete all the kodi data/add-ons? Should I be prepared to have to reinstall any add-ons?

Any other useful info for a noob like myself would be appreciated. Thank you.

1. When the firmware upgrade will take you to the section "Recovery! You will be able to choose where to make the firmware to USB or SD card.

2. When installing this firmware, most applications will be removed. Therefore, if you are critical applications, it is best to do before installing Back-up and store them on a separate card, or then you can install most of the applications with Play Store.

By the way, in the Play Store firmware works well without any problems.

3. This firmware is installed the old version Kodi 14.2.

Remove it and then install the new version 15.0 from Play Store. And in the future it will be automatically updated.

Justin wanted to know:

1. Does the new firmware can connect an external USB Bluetooth dongle to ATV1800E?

2. Since I use a keyboard with a touchscreen, I would be more convenient to use a standard launcher Google, which was in the old firmware November. I installed the Google Start, but it is designed for smartphones and only works in portrait orientation. Where to take the standard launcher as launcher Google?

Yes all kodi addons will be removed. Use the backup program in Kodi to backup everything first and then you can restore them after the upgrade.

Google Kodi backup to find out how to use this feature.

FBN

1. When the firmware upgrade will take you to the section "Recovery! You will be able to choose where to make the firmware to USB or SD card.

2. When installing this firmware, most applications will be removed. Therefore, if you are critical applications, it is best to do before installing Back-up and store them on a separate card, or then you can install most of the applications with Play Store.

Remove it and then install the new version 15.0 from Play Store. And in the future it will be automatically updated.

Justin wanted to know:

1. Does the new firmware can connect an external USB Bluetooth dongle to ATV1800E?

2. Since I use a keyboard with a touchscreen, I would be more convenient to use a standard launcher Google, which was in the old firmware November. I installed the Google Start, but it is designed for smartphones and only works in portrait orientation. Where to take the standard launcher as launcher Google?

Thanks for that.

#1 still confuses me.

"1. When the firmware upgrade will take you to the section "Recovery! You will be able to choose where to make the firmware to USB or SD card. "

Can you please explain this a bit better.

So, I can download the firmware onto a USB stick via my desktop, and plug it into the 1800e and upgrade the firmware that way?

What exactly are the steps, so i'm not caught by surprise. I love details.

Thank you.

ATTN: Justin, if you have a tutorial or some in-depth info on how to update firmware on the 1800e, please let me know.

Can anyone that has installed this new update speak to its improvements?

I'd like to install this onto my father-in-law's box to fix some of the issues listed and be done w/ it. Right now, I have a list of methods for him to follow to deal with the current issues so I don't want to introduce any new bugs that would make it complicated and worse than it already is...

Normally if it was my own box I would have done it already and been the one to provide feedback.

Thanks

X

Can anyone that has installed this new update speak to its improvements?

I'd like to install this onto my father-in-law's box to fix some of the issues listed and be done w/ it. Right now, I have a list of methods for him to follow to deal with the current issues so I don't want to introduce any new bugs that would make it complicated and worse than it already is...

Normally if it was my own box I would have done it already and been the one to provide feedback.

Thanks

X

Take a look here....

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3140

It doesn't fix everything, so it depends on what you need fixing.

FBN

Hi Justin. I've applied the 7/28 beta firmware and I'm still experiencing a blank screen when resuming from standby.

I don't know if this is any help, but my TV model is Toshiba 55SV670U.

Justin wanted to know:

- As mentioned before, we cannot add external usb bluetooth support. Without help from AMLogic our chipset supplier, we cannot do this, and they haven't done this for us yet, so I would not count on it anytime soon.

- We have portrait mode firmware which we use for Digital Signage customers, but probably no use for you since you do not have your TV like this.

- We plan to move to the Official KODI 15.0 version as our pre installed version, so everyone can take app updates automatically.

1. Im not need prtret orientation of screen. Sorry for my bad english.

For standard Launcher i m unpark launcher from old firmware from november 2014. Now in this launcher working very good.

2. About bluetooth. In firmware i m see that it have drivers for built-in Bluetooth module.

I can self-install built-in Bluetooth? Is it possible anywhere to buy it? Can you recommend anything?

Launcher2.rar

Hi Justin,

I installed the new firmware on my 1800E (2015 ed.). It hanged twice, succeeded on third power off/on attempt. I can report:

• WiFi performance is acceptable... significantly slower than my Samsung Galaxy S5 in the same location, at the same frequency, but I encountered no buffering
    Kodi 15.0 (from the Play Store) seems to work fine.
    Google Play Movies, Youtube, Crackle, and Flixster all seem to play fine now.
    shomi still does not work.... but I think it's an app problem.
    KR-301 remote seems to be unable to turn the unit on/off
    NetFlix (updated from store) still seems to have a slight sound lag.... but I want to test this across a wider range of content. It's slightly annoying, but watchable.
    No problems with black screen / HDMI sync with my (Panasonic plasma) TV

I'd like to say thank-you for the continued effort to improve the firmware. This is the first time that this box has been usable for me, across the content that I want to be able to watch.

I also received an on-line OS update this morning, which installed without a hitch, and (thankfully) did not reset my box. Not sure what improvements it offers, as I haven't done any testing with it as yet.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. This should fully fix it **Please Report**

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **More Changes have been made, This should fully fix it. **Please Report*

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

Please report on this update, next version should be final release.

- We will be upgrading to the new Kodi 15.0 Official version, and it should be the official one from the Play Store which will take app updates on its own without losing all of your user data and add on data.

- Also should be adding E-Share and Airplay functionality.

- I am also testing Openelec KODI 15.0 RC1 Version on 1800E and 582. Hope to release that soon, but want to wait for the OPENELEC KODI 15.0 Official edition, if the release takes to long I can put out the RC1 Version for you guys to try.

There is an OTA Update being sent down for 1800/582/380

And also 585

If it fails to install or gets stuck, just unplug your unit and plug it back in. The install should continue. This will not brick your unit. I have done this 100+ times myself and have never bricked a unit

Justin. Thanks for the answer!!!

Great to have OTA for update.

Plan to have more coming, but should be smaller updates less then 100mb

So should be quick to install

I dismissed the notification for the OTA firmware because I was in the middle of watching something. How do I force it to check again for the new firmware?

Under applications, there is an app called "Upgrade"

Go into there, you can switch to manual update and search for it.

When are you planning the OTA on the 1800 and 582 and also can we get a change log?

Also I suppose you need to be on the July 28th beta to receive the OTA update ...

Reverted mine back as my YouTube didn't work anymore and Netflix had synch issues.

Thanks in advance.

Justin. Thanks for the answer!!!

Great to have OTA for update.

Plan to have more coming, but should be smaller updates less then 100mb

The internet velocity do not improve. I have the same after the update. I think it is a point to improve.

So should be quick to install

The internett velocity did not improve after this OTA update.

I hope in the future update the internet connection will increase.

When are you planning the OTA on the 1800 and 582 and also can we get a change log?

Also I suppose you need to be on the July 28th beta to receive the OTA update ...

Reverted mine back as my YouTube didn't work anymore and Netflix had synch issues.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Dlangejc, What FW version are you using that doesn't have the Netflix sync issue?

I would like to change my 1800e so at least I can use it on my main TV. Been using my old 1200.

FBN

Okay I'm on board.

Google Playstore works after OTA, YouTube seems fine, Netflix still has a slight synch issue.

Heading in the right direction folks.

Edit: Sorry FBN, I didn't see your post before I made mine ... or upgraded.

I believe it was the stock firmware, which month I'm not too sure.

P.S Change your display output to 24HZ it looks better, will check I'm sure I wrote it down somewhere which version has the best experience :-)

I just want to add to the on going discussion on what got worst or got better. It is pretty easy to criticize the coders or Justin because the new firmware is not to your expectation. Just bear in mind that the coders are doing the best they can and trying to accommodate everyone in this world. Every region has their own specs and sometime changing something to accommodate one region breaks the other.

Hello Justin, All,

Just to ask the following.

I have 582 currently running on March upgrade.

Do i have upgrade first to July 28 Beta ,

Before i can get O.T.A. Upgrade referred to in this thread ?

I understand i can get the upgrade through apps > Uncheck Automatic Upgrade > Manual Update Now > then format or manually clean internal sd card.

I chose to cancel simply because of the fact i am unsure of this procedure, and the the end result, of taking this upgrade.

Will my 582 loose all my apps and settings etc. in Android and kodi?

Can you advise please.

Kind Regards. jamsb.

Hello Justin, All,

Just to ask the following.

I have 582 currently running on March upgrade.

Do i have upgrade first to July 28 Beta ,

Before i can get O.T.A. Upgrade referred to in this thread ?

I understand i can get the upgrade through apps > Uncheck Automatic Upgrade > Manual Update Now > then format or manually clean internal sd card.

I chose to cancel simply because of the fact i am unsure of this procedure, and the the end result, of taking this upgrade.

Will my 582 loose all my apps and settings etc. in Android and kodi?

Can you advise please.

Kind Regards. jamsb.

You can take the OTA upgrade, there should not be any issues

We have tested this, and it will not overwrite existing apps or settings.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just let me know

Thanks