Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JULY 28TH, 2015

The internett velocity did not improve after this OTA update.

I hope in the future update the internet connection will increase.

Will be fixed on next OTA update

I just want to add to the on going discussion on what got worst or got better. It is pretty easy to criticize the coders or Justin because the new firmware is not to your expectation. Just bear in mind that the coders are doing the best they can and trying to accommodate everyone in this world. Every region has their own specs and sometime changing something to accommodate one region breaks the other.

Thanks I try to address all issues that are happening to multiple users.

Once it is fixed, it will be sent as a OTA update.

I will make posts in the announcements thread about change log for new OTA updates.. However I am trying to get them to show a list of changes on the box directly when taking a OTA update so everyone will know what is included in the update.

About regions, I mainly take care of North America since I work out of our Canadian office, but I do take suggestions from any MyGica user from around the world, but I cant always accommodate everyone

This addresses some posts I have read through

Even the March Firmware you can take the OTA update.

You do not need to be on the previous Betas to take the OTA update.

@Justin would you please follow up with the firmware engineering lead if they are looking into the Netflix synch issue for us?

This has been going on for quite awhile now.

Thanks in advance.

I picked up the OTA update over the March firmware.

Nothing bad happened, which is good. The bad part is that wi-fi still isn't good enough. I can get about 4 Mbps top speed, but it's so wildly varying that Kodi still has buffering issues. From the short amount of time I've been testing this update, it's much better, but I still can't properly stream anything from my computer in 720p or higher - Kodi will pause and buffer every once in a while. Much less often than before, but still unusable.

The silver lining in my current scenario is that I have an old CRT TV and I don't exactly *need* 720p :)

I'll report what happens with standard def video after this weekend. On the old firmware, it too would sometimes - once every half an hour or so - stop to buffer, or break playback entirely. Maybe wi-fi is good enough now that it won't happen any more. We'll see.

I wish there was a way to set up Kodi to use a larger buffer, so it can utilize the time when wi-fi is good to buffer more data. It seems to be doing it in small chunks.

@Justin would you please follow up with the firmware engineering lead if they are looking into the Netflix synch issue for us?

This has been going on for quite awhile now.

Thanks in advance.

Yes its at top of the list

There having trouble re producing it as well though

I'll report what happens with standard def video after this weekend. On the old firmware, it too would sometimes - once every half an hour or so - stop to buffer, or break playback entirely. Maybe wi-fi is good enough now that it won't happen any more. We'll see.

A couple of buffering issues and no breaking playback. Seems better than before, but overall still needs improvement. A varying 0.1 - 4 Mbps connection isn't all that great.

A couple of buffering issues and no breaking playback. Seems better than before, but overall still needs improvement. A varying 0.1 - 4 Mbps connection isn't all that great.

It's me again! After allowing 802.11n - which was strangely disallowed at some moment in the past between the March and July firmwares, huh - my box has very usable wi-fi. I haven't ran speedtest to see what I can get towards the internet, but I did stream some test 1080p content from my PC (which acts as the router) without any buffering issues whatsoever. It ran smoothly, whereas previously it was completely unwatchable. I also watched 1080p from YouTube without problems.

As far as I'm concerned, my wi-fi issues are fully fixed!

when i updated this I couldnt get it to read the sd card it said no device present when booting in ....I had to use a USB stick and got it to work and I must say so far its been 10 times better . Should i be worried about the problem with the Sd card ?

when i updated this I couldnt get it to read the sd card it said no device present when booting in ....I had to use a USB stick and got it to work and I must say so far its been 10 times better . Should i be worried about the problem with the Sd card ?

Did you check if your sd card is damage? I have no problems reading mine.

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. This should fully fix it **Please Report**

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **More Changes have been made, This should fully fix it. **Please Report*

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

Please report on this update, next version should be final release.

- We will be upgrading to the new Kodi 15.0 Official version, and it should be the official one from the Play Store which will take app updates on its own without losing all of your user data and add on data.

- Also should be adding E-Share and Airplay functionality.

- I am also testing Openelec KODI 15.0 RC1 Version on 1800E and 582. Hope to release that soon, but want to wait for the OPENELEC KODI 15.0 Official edition, if the release takes to long I can put out the RC1 Version for you guys to try.

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

Any update as to when the non beta version will be posted??

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. This should fully fix it **Please Report**

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **More Changes have been made, This should fully fix it. **Please Report*

- We will be upgrading to the new Kodi 15.0 Official version, and it should be the official one from the Play Store which will take app updates on its own without losing all of your user data and add on data.

- I am also testing Openelec KODI 15.0 RC1 Version on 1800E and 582. Hope to release that soon, but want to wait for the OPENELEC KODI 15.0 Official edition, if the release takes to long I can put out the RC1 Version for you guys to try.

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

We sent a OTA update on 07/21

Which is not a beta release.

We sent a OTA update on 07/21

Which is not a beta release.

Can you make this update available on the Mygica support site ... looks like end of March was the last time improvement has been made officially so it could be confusing for end users. Also the OTA update server is slow at the best of times.

Can you also default the Update / Upgrade app to save the file to "External SD card" instead of internal cache.

You might solve a lot of issues this way with users stuck on the boot image / loader ....

Ok I will post it up later today.

Cool thanks - just check my post about the upgrade / update app ... would be beneficial to all :-)

Yes this only applies to full firmware updates.

When it is just a small update, the internal cache is fine.

Will have to see what all the options are to make updates better in the future.

It would be good to set up a feedback thread on the latest OTA update, or should we still use this one?

I think new update OTA new thread

Something is seriously wrong with the 5.1 sound output and passthough settings on this box on Kodi and 4K player when using optical ...

When watching dolby digital or dts encoded movies with 5.1 audio and selecting the 5.1 ouput and passthrough the movies either lag or the box becomes unresponsive. If you just select stereo upmix its fine.

It either lags or hangs the box up totally ... had a rough time last night trying to watch a few movies.

4K player works but the sound is not optimized and the voices are too low volume to hear watch is going on but all of the speakers are being used including the middle front speaker.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this or is it a firmware issue? :ugeek:

WIll post up file tomorrow and a new thread as well

Sorry not near a PC right now.

Hi Justin. You say you will post the file tomorrow and a new thread as well that was on the 1 of September it's now 16th of September so when are you going to do this or am I missing something or i can't find it ??.. I'm not having a go at you I know you do a lots of hard work. It would be nice to know if you have a problem with the new file so that people know what is happening. George

@Moderators

Can you please ask the developers for a rooted version of the 4.4 KitKat firmware? Some streaming apps don't work as they check if the device is secure.

Thanks and best regards

@Moderators

Can you please ask the developers for a rooted version of the 4.4 KitKat firmware? Some streaming apps don't work as they check if the device is secure.

Thanks and best regards

You mean unrooted?

You can try this Un Rooting Patch file I had engineers make. It was for my testing, but it did work for me.

update_4.4_unrooted_patch_20150910 (2).zip

Still getting blank screen when turning on the device.

I've even gotten blank screens sometime after reboot, and launching of Kodi.

Which brand of TV do you have?