Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JULY 28TH, 2015

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

Here is a list of the changes that have been added and made:

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. This should fully fix it **Please Report**

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. **More Changes have been made, This should fully fix it. **Please Report*

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel

Please report on this update, next version should be final release.

- We will be upgrading to the new Kodi 15.0 Official version, and it should be the official one from the Play Store which will take app updates on its own without losing all of your user data and add on data.

- Also should be adding E-Share and Airplay functionality.

- I am also testing Openelec KODI 15.0 RC1 Version on 1800E and 582. Hope to release that soon, but want to wait for the OPENELEC KODI 15.0 Official edition, if the release takes to long I can put out the RC1 Version for you guys to try.

**DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND BELOW** **YOU MUST UNZIP AND EXTRACT THE IMG FILE ONTO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE YOUR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FILE. WHICH IS 03/21**

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL INSTALL OUR LATEST VERSION OF KODI 14.2, THIS WILL UPGRADE AND OVERWRITE ALL OF YOUR ADD ONS AND SETTINGS. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR USER DATA AND ADD ON'S FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS NEW FIRMWARE**

**ALSO MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR APPS BACKED UP WITH YOUR GOOGLE PLAY STORE ACCOUNT**

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20150703.zip

Just installed this new BETA f/w (20150703) and I'm happy to report that it has resolved the issue I was having with my wired Xbox 360 Controller. The controller still flashes as if it hasn't been detected properly, but I'm able to use it to navigate the MyGica menus as well as use it within all of the game console emulators I used before. The only problem I can see with it so far is that the left and right trigger buttons do not work - no biggie for me.

The other issue I was having (and this may be related to the Play Store issue), is that the YouTube app did not want to play any videos - it would just sit with a spinning circle after I chose a video. After this new f/w was installed, it seems to play all videos properly.

Thanks for this update!

Erik

Justin thanks for the update. Can you please give us OPENELEC RC1 to try and see benefits of using that OS. Thanks in advance. Regards

I will post it soon in Beta. The first version I got had remote issues, so just waiting on those to be fixed. Other then that it works very well for myself.

Thanks Justin for quick reply. I want to say that this device is great. It is Android box but I only use Kodi for home entertainment. I had one big issue that had nothing to do with box but with kodi itself. I resolve this with zero cache config and redirected to write on sd card instead of internal memory of device. My question to you is it possible to openELEC install on sd card instead on internal memory of device because then when I activate 0cache config it will automatically write cache to sd card because sd card would be main memory on openELEC operating system. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

Just installed the latest Beta 20150703 on my ATV1800e.

Sad to say the Netflix Sync issue is still there. As reported before, the audio is trailing video significantly and can be seen in video previously posted. Also as reported before, the MyGica remote doesn't control much in NetFlix, only the volume buttons and the back button work, the stop, play/pause, backward and forward do nothing in NetFlix. But they still control an MP3 file that it some how finds on my USB stick when NetFlix is playing, when the MP3 file is playing, both the audio from it and NetFlix are heard at the same time. This may have something to do with the Sync issue? Trying to process two audio streams at the same time causing a delay? Note, the NetFlix audio sync issue is there with or without the MP3 audio playing.

After the firmware flash, I lost an icon on the main page, lower right between NetFlix and MyGica Store, I don't remember what it was, so can't add it myself. If someone knows, please get back to me.

Summary

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. - Working, but it worked fine before on last Beta and 20150321.

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. - No issue here, but was not an issue on last Beta or 2015032. However 20150321 would not work on my Dell monitor, but works with past Beta and current one.

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists. - Still not working! See above for more details.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel - Nothing to report here.

5. Missing an icon on the home screen. See above for more details.

6. MyGica Store working, as I had trouble with it before.

7. Speed tests:

Ethernet = 91M down & 11M Up - Very Good same as I get on my PC.

Wifi 2.4GHz = 2M down & 10M Up - Very poor, was fine with 20150321 firmware. Signal full bars (-37 dBm) and only 3 ft from router.

Wifi 5.0GHz = 24M down & 10M Up - OK, but was better with 20150321 firmware. Signal 3 bars (-61 dBm) and about 30 ft from router.

8. YouTube is working fine, but never had trouble with it before.

I should add that I did a factory reset after the Beta firmware was installed.

FBN

After installing new beta FW for 582, my Migica lost sound. I did factory reset after installing firmware, but sound is only for first minute or two. After that, I change hdmi cable, then change hdmi output on tv, but sound is gone...:(..Another firmware that sucks!!!!

After installing new beta FW for 582, my Migica lost sound. I did factory reset after installing firmware, but sound is only for first minute or two. After that, I change hdmi cable, then change hdmi output on tv, but sound is gone...:(..Another firmware that sucks!!!!

Have you tired this?

Home Screen -> Settings -> Display -> Advanced ->

Digital Audio Output (at the bottom of the screen)

Select HDMI "Passthrough"

I have "Digital audio auto-detection" "OFF"

FBN

Just an update to my latest beta firmware post from earlier today.

It appears that the issue with the remote not working properly with NetFlix also shows up when using Crackle. It's a bit different as at first the buttons on the remote does control the video, but only after the first pause, then if you hit play it launches the native music player and the audio from the MP3 file is heard, but Crackle doesn't resume the playing of the video. I should mention that this behaviour for both NetFlix and Crackle also happens when I use the same buttons on my wireless keyboard.

Oh... Crackle doesn't have the audio sync issue.

I hope the developers can figure this out and fix it... and more importantly fix NetFlix. I'm spending far too much time on this and would like to enjoy my 1800e without worries.

FBN

I update my box with this firmware, I test some apps:

1) I was having problem with a wirelees xbox 360 controller and this new firmware has solved the problem!!!!! (thanks!!). My controller still flashes as if it hasn't been detected properly, but I am able to use it not only to navigate the MyGica menus but use it within my various game console emulators as well. The only issue I see so far is that the left and right trigger buttons don't work - everything else seems to. so in this beta the X-box 360 wirelees gamepad is detected and works!!!!

2) Google play seems ok, I download some apks and cero problem.

3) Youtube OK

I don't have more time to test more but seems to be ok, and now can play with my gamepad!!

I will try to obtain the latest stock firmware to see if it fixes our Netflix synch issue. But if it's broken in stock, it will be broken in all versions of the firmware.

I will try to obtain the latest stock firmware to see if it fixes our Netflix synch issue. But if it's broken in stock, it will be broken in all versions of the firmware.

If you can do that, it would be good to know. Keep us in the loop.

FBN

Hello I did some testing regarding this Netflix issue.

I think this problem is related to the Neflix itself.

Let me explain.

On ATV582 I installed bsplayer, vlc and mx player daroon, dice player . I also have same .m3u list of IPTV channels. Results were very diffrent from player to player. Some worked perfectly, some have problems and some have very bad playback and this is because they haven't optimized hardware decoding in their app for our amlogic S802B cpu. On the other hand I installed same programs on htc m8 with same .m3u list and all programs worked perfectly because they optimized programs for snapdragon cpu in htc m8 cpu.

I think that this issue schould be addressed to Netflix not mygica team.

Correct me if I am wrong but after this testing this is my conclusion.

I don't know is there netflix plugin for kodi because on that way netflix would use kodi hardware decoding.

Regards.

Tutorial that might work for you guys:

Just an update to my latest beta firmware post from earlier today.

It appears that the issue with the remote not working properly with NetFlix also shows up when using Crackle. It's a bit different as at first the buttons on the remote does control the video, but only after the first pause, then if you hit play it launches the native music player and the audio from the MP3 file is heard, but Crackle doesn't resume the playing of the video. I should mention that this behaviour for both NetFlix and Crackle also happens when I use the same buttons on my wireless keyboard.

Oh... Crackle doesn't have the audio sync issue.

I hope the developers can figure this out and fix it... and more importantly fix NetFlix. I'm spending far too much time on this and would like to enjoy my 1800e without worries.

FBN

We cannot do anything about the buttons not working, it is because the app Netflix and Crackle is mainly developed for touch screen devices since it is the mobile/tablet version. If you use an Air Mouse or regular mouse, you will be able to control the functions you say are not working.

Surprised the netflix audio is still having issues, will have to report this again.

Just installed the latest Beta 20150703 on my ATV1800e.

Sad to say the Netflix Sync issue is still there. As reported before, the audio is trailing video significantly and can be seen in video previously posted. Also as reported before, the MyGica remote doesn't control much in NetFlix, only the volume buttons and the back button work, the stop, play/pause, backward and forward do nothing in NetFlix. But they still control an MP3 file that it some how finds on my USB stick when NetFlix is playing, when the MP3 file is playing, both the audio from it and NetFlix are heard at the same time. This may have something to do with the Sync issue? Trying to process two audio streams at the same time causing a delay? Note, the NetFlix audio sync issue is there with or without the MP3 audio playing.

After the firmware flash, I lost an icon on the main page, lower right between NetFlix and MyGica Store, I don't remember what it was, so can't add it myself. If someone knows, please get back to me.

Summary

1. Play Store issue is fixed, more changes have been made. - Working, but it worked fine before on last Beta and 20150321.

2. Fixed HDMI Blacking out. - No issue here, but was not an issue on last Beta or 2015032. However 20150321 would not work on my Dell monitor, but works with past Beta and current one.

3. Please report if Netflix Audio Sync still exists. - Still not working! See above for more details.

4. Updated to New AMLogic Kernel - Nothing to report here.

5. Missing an icon on the home screen. See above for more details.

6. MyGica Store working, as I had trouble with it before.

7. Speed tests:

Ethernet = 91M down & 11M Up - Very Good same as I get on my PC.

Wifi 2.4GHz = 2M down & 10M Up - Very poor, was fine with 20150321 firmware. Signal full bars (-37 dBm) and only 3 ft from router.

Wifi 5.0GHz = 24M down & 10M Up - OK, but was better with 20150321 firmware. Signal 3 bars (-61 dBm) and about 30 ft from router.

8. YouTube is working fine, but never had trouble with it before.

I should add that I did a factory reset after the Beta firmware was installed.

FBN

Responded about the remote control not working in a different post.

Still have to look at the Netflix audio issue

Will look at Wifi Speeds as well

Thanks for the responses guys

Justin, Regarding the remote control with Netflix, I tested it with my ATV1200 and wireless keyboard which has the play, pause, stop, etc functions on it and you are right it will not control the play. The mouse will bring up the control functions in NetFlix if you left click on the screen while the video is running.

However, In the ATV1800e, the mouse click will not bring up the control function screen in NetFlix when the video is playing. The only way I can get it to come up is to hit the volume button on the remote or my wireless keyboard and then quickly move the mouse to pause the video. So it appears that for some reason the mouse click on the screen to simulate a touch screen tap is not working.

Also, you may want to look into the control buttons on the remote or wireless keyboard starting the native Music app when NetFlix is running and there is a MP3 file on a connected USB drive. This is very weird behaviour. I can confirm that the Music app does launch as it shows up in the apps running in Android settings.

Thanks for looking into this for us. If I can provide any more detail, please let me know.

FBN

Justin, Regarding the remote control with Netflix, I tested it with my ATV1200 and wireless keyboard which has the play, pause, stop, etc functions on it and you are right it will not control the play. The mouse will bring up the control functions in NetFlix if you left click on the screen while the video is running.

However, In the ATV1800e, the mouse click will not bring up the control function screen in NetFlix when the video is playing. The only way I can get it to come up is to hit the volume button on the remote or my wireless keyboard and then quickly move the mouse to pause the video. So it appears that for some reason the mouse click on the screen to simulate a touch screen tap is not working.

Also, you may want to look into the control buttons on the remote or wireless keyboard starting the native Music app when NetFlix is running and there is a MP3 file on a connected USB drive. This is very weird behaviour. I can confirm that the Music app does launch as it shows up in the apps running in Android settings.

Thanks for looking into this for us. If I can provide any more detail, please let me know.

FBN

Just some more info about the Music app launching when hitting some buttons on the remote.

It will launch in the background even if there isn't a USB plugged in with an mp3 file. This will happen even from the home screen, since it is in the background the only way to see it is in running apps in Android settings > apps > running. In Crackle, if a video is playing and you hit the pause/play button, then the video will pause, but if you hit pause/play again the Music app will come up on the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to hit the back button.

I'm hoping you can reproduce these issues and more importantly the NetFlix audio sync one and get is resolved.

FBN

by sibica » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

I have the same issue. Sound is no more. I dont think I can change that HDMI passthrough option as its dimmed ? How to fix sound problem ?

Also when the sound goes, all video playback in Kodi starts stuttering. I cant do anything, cant playback any video and have to do factory reset. which is a complete waste of time.

How do I fix these 2 issues. 1) sound stops working and 2) video playback goes jerky ??

I am really at a point of frustration as I have 2 Mygica devices (both have become a complete headache) and have to listen to family everyday about issues. :x:x:x

YouTube also has issues on this rom - just doesn't work - did all the needed including a factory reset.

Had to revert to older stable firmware.

So far this beta is a no for me , Netflix still broken, YouTube not working, Playstore working.

by sibica » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

I have the same issue. Sound is no more. I dont think I can change that HDMI passthrough option as its dimmed ? How to fix sound problem ?

Also when the sound goes, all video playback in Kodi starts stuttering. I cant do anything, cant playback any video and have to do factory reset. which is a complete waste of time.

How do I fix these 2 issues. 1) sound stops working and 2) video playback goes jerky ??

I am really at a point of frustration as I have 2 Mygica devices (both have become a complete headache) and have to listen to family everyday about issues. :x:x:x

I noticed one more thing. In Kodi under System settings if audio is set to 5.1 from the default 2.0 I get video stuttering and the audio goes out. Why is that ? In March version (XBMC version) this problem wasnt there, I verified.

So are we suppose to get audio in 2.0 only with these firmware release ?

Wi-fi speed is also poor.In my case wi fi is only 10% of lan speed.I did router reboot,delete/add network but wi fi is too slow.I didn't have wi fi problem (slow speed) before.

For me everything is working :

1. Sound out of sync with official kodi 15 is gone, now everything is fine

2. Tried Hdmi passthrough dolby 5.1 and dts is working activated it in expert settings of kodi if someone needs help I will be glad to help you.

1. First you need to activate in settingmbox digital audio detection

2. In kodi system->settings->system->audio output (settings level Expert ) activate enable passthrough)

For me there is only one issue about net led which is not blinking on network activity but I can live without it.

Thanks mygica team.

Regards.