Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cosmo

atv1800E xmbc help.. pls n ty.

hey folks i recently purchased a gica 1800e box and love it. tonight i had an issue with xbmc.

i payed 250 for the box loaded with all the bells n whistles. my xbmc was pre loaded and an update msg cam up on my tv addons xbmc saying there a new kodi. and down load it from google play. being a a not so smrt idea. now i have lost everything on my xbmc tv addons does not pop up anymore its just a blank new xbmc i think it up loaded the 15 one and before it had 13.5 i think. so iam asking for help on how i can get my old settings back. iam new to this. i dont have a computer and im using my phone to write this lol. i can get web on the box and can supply any additional information i just need someone who can be patient and help. thanks

wow been a few days and no answer maybe i should have bought a box with better support.

didnt think it would take long for a response guess i was wrong

So let me see if I got this right.

You bought an $189 box ($213 w tx) for $250

That means you either over-paid for a "stock" 1800 or you knew that you were paying $40 extra for umm... "customization" for certain addon(s).

And you come to an official MyGica forum and want your box "fixed"?

Sounds like the issue here is with third party addons, not the box itself. The mods here have been pretty clear that this is not the forum to discuss third party addons, so your best bet would be to contact the specific retailer that you purchased the device from.

mite i ask were you purchased your box from? and why you havent contacted them first rather than spending you time posting to see if they will walk ya though it? not to mention ..xbmc to kodi an you say its still xbmc.. ? well for wat its worth my input is the upgrade deleted your.. addons and if you read the forums here and on kodi you will learn how easy it is to re=add them back and many more that were probably never added by your supplier(that ya paid for).. good luck.. its easy .. just put in some time and you will see..

hey... i payed 250 cdn. and the guy i got it from his store is gone and i cant reach him. after reading this whole site i did in fact get my xbmc gotham back and most of my addons back. only addons iam having trouble with finding are sports devil and entertainment hub. i need my sports for my nhl games lol ever since project free tv went down the gf is complaining cause pftv was easy for her to navigate. is there anothe site someone could recommend. pm me if needed.