Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andybrody

ATV 1200 Power cycling on and off

It almost seems like Justin knows which apps are 'requesting data' but will not tell us... and I agree it is daft to say the least to advise as solution switching off network.

In my case when HDMI switch switches to gica because it 'woke up' briefly, it won't go back to tv satbox unless I would switch that one to standby and back on or else I just don't wait for that and switch the hdmi switch manually before that can happen automatically.

It wouldn't be such issue if the mygica box was starting up reasonably fast. As it is, it is lazy ^&*() slouch :(

For what its worth, I played with the beta 1080p firmware which is pretty well barebones as far as Android apps go and I left it on last night suspended while watching tv and I thought this firmware is a winner in that regard but then wham, it briefly cycled on and switched me away from tv. :shock:

I recalled that I was trying to set up time (time zone etc) in Android Settings earlier that evening and I didn't manage to change the format of how the time and date shows on Android desktop... However I recalled that there is one setting which takes care of keeping the proper time and date automatically and that choice is checkmarked by default. It could be that even when the box is in standby, this function occasionally wakes the box up to query time/date server online... I did turn it off but it will take some time before I will be able to say for sure that is the offending setting. Why don't you try disabling that also and see if that helps?