Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultimate

Bricked V520

I was following the steps in viewtopic.php?f=94&t=1665 to upgrade my V520 from 4.1.2 to 4.2

Pressed the upgrade button and plug in the power and still holding the upgrade button for 10 seconds. Instead of going straight to upgrade, I was given a menu to apply update (and wipe partition, information, etc...). So I chose the option to apply the update and manually choosing the update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img. After it was finished, I chose Reboot Now and it cannot boot into the system again :(

What can I do now?

you didn't hold the button down long enough, or the button wasn't pushed down enough and the box booted. Try the steps again, I usually wait 20 seconds and if the box starts to boot within that time, I know I wasn't pushing the button down enough.

it seems my 520 suffers from the same issue ultimate posted almost a year ago and I did held the reset button down way more than 10 secs. My unit also offered a menu, after choosing the update Mygica from the sd card I saw the Android logo, the loading bar progress and then it askef to reboot, now the amber light is on solid and the blue/purple led is flashing. Reset held for 30 secs is not doing anything. What can I do? this box is not under warranty.

it seems my 520 suffers from the same issue ultimate posted almost a year ago and I did held the reset button down way more than 10 secs. My unit also offered a menu, after choosing the update Mygica from the sd card I saw the Android logo, the loading bar progress and then it askef to reboot, now the amber light is on solid and the blue/purple led is flashing. Reset held for 30 secs is not doing anything. What can I do? this box is not under warranty.

If you held the reset button for 10+ secs and it wen into Recovery menu, then the files on your sd card were not put on correctly.

The boot card/factory restore files will install everything on its own after you let go of the reset button after 10+ seconds.

Once finished it will boot back into Android, start installing apps and then finish at the Welcome Screen.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply, not sure if I have the right update or installed properly on the SD card. the file name I got is update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img there is 5 other files on the sd card factory_update_param.aml as well as .ubt a text file on how to update 4,2 on 4.1 a spi.MX media file and another image file called recovery, all downloaded from www.sendspace.com/file/ztpyrv

I tried jumping 3-4 on U13 while putting power & holding reset button about 15 times now and still no revive. Amber light is solid and the blue/purple light is flashing at about 1 sec interval. If this is not the right file, where should I get it? and what steps should I do? Cheers and thanks for your help!

Hi, thank you for your quick reply, not sure if I have the right update or installed properly on the SD card. the file name I got is update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img there is 5 other files on the sd card factory_update_param.aml as well as .ubt a text file on how to update 4,2 on 4.1 a spi.MX media file and another image file called recovery, all downloaded from http://www.sendspace.com/file/ztpyrv

I tried jumping 3-4 on U13 while putting power & holding reset button about 15 times now and still no revive. Amber light is solid and the blue/purple light is flashing at about 1 sec interval. If this is not the right file, where should I get it? and what steps should I do? Cheers and thanks for your help!

Try these files

http://www.mygica.tv/files/

oh and I guess I still jump 3-4 and push reset and then power, hold for 10 + sec, right? just wanna make sure :-)

Jump 3-4?

I read other posts regarding un-bricking suggesting jumping pin 3-4 on U13 with pushing reset and plugging power (aka awkward mind melt) seem to work in some cases but not in mine. I will try the conventional way first. SD card with all 520E files and apply power while holding reset for 10 +

"Shaka, when the walls fell" as conventional way or jumping 3-4 on U13 did not change anything. I have noticed that the blue led has to do with network (flashing when network cable is plug. Amber is still solid. Looking at the files, they are identical in size and name as the ones I was using. what to do next Doc?

Hi,

i have followed to the letters these steps using the those files and the amber light is still solid.

I am now at the end of my rope and it saddens me to throw away a unit that worked fine before the update attempt.

Would it be possible for me to send my unit at my cost for you to review it?

Thank you,

Hi,

i have followed to the letters these steps using the those files and the amber light is still solid.

I am now at the end of my rope and it saddens me to throw away a unit that worked fine before the update attempt.

Would it be possible for me to send my unit at my cost for you to review it?

Thank you,

You can submit it for warranty if you like

http://mygica.tv/help to start a ticket.