Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adrien

Cache

HI folks

As much as I love the freedom from cable, etc. there is a problem when I am watching serial tv shows such as 24 & Burn Notice.

I regularly have to wait for the programs to buffer, or they won`t play and keep returning to the menu where I choose the episode.

I occasionally get a message that says 'cache is full'

This is particularly a problem on Sunday and Monday nights with any of the first 4 providers shown.

Also, I cannot download these series so that I can watch them from an external hard drive ( which is attached with lots of space )

Any thoughts?

HI folks

As much as I love the freedom from cable, etc. there is a problem when I am watching serial tv shows such as 24 & Burn Notice.

I regularly have to wait for the programs to buffer, or they won`t play and keep returning to the menu where I choose the episode.

I occasionally get a message that says 'cache is full'

This is particularly a problem on Sunday and Monday nights with any of the first 4 providers shown.

Also, I cannot download these series so that I can watch them from an external hard drive ( which is attached with lots of space )

Any thoughts?

Sometimes in KODI you need to regularly clear the cache.

If you check You Tube, there is videos on how to do this.

Or simply closing and exiting KODI, and then re-opening it. Will clear the cache also.

I find the buffering is the biggest drawback to streaming video as well. I have low bandwidth - 5 MPBS now and upgrading soon to 5 MBPS. Is there a way to increase the cache size to allow the video to "load up" the way YouTube video can and therefore avoid buffering?