Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaceman10

kodi upgrade from xdmc on atv 582

i have two atv 582 boxes , I have updated one to kodi 15.2 and had no problem all settings etc. retaining once completed. The second box not so lucky it is back to as if it is the first time it has run on the box every thing is gone. is there a way I can transfer all my setting from one box to the other so I don't had to spend a lot of time programming everything back in?

Thanks

Use the Kodi Backup addon. Just backup the box with all the settings you want to a USB stick and then transfer the stick to the other one and restore the setting to it. This should do the trick...

Google: "Kodi Backup addon" You will find out everything you need to know.

FBN

I find this guy does great tutorials and he has one for back ups - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-backup ... xbmc-kodi/

we also have some video which is made by our own great friend which we support there help

and this we can again your link is good too, but remember we don't want any websites that do not support us on this forums

but thank you for your info

i was able to restore my kodi settings from my back up file however , i lost my favorite buttons that were at the bottom of the screen. How do I reinstall them?

Thanks

if you have it already backed up you should be able to restore via Backup Add-on, then reboot your box and launch back Kodi and it should be there

i did restore and rebooted the box no favorite buttons at the bottom of screen under the launch buttons in kodi for music , video etc

This video should explain how to do what your looking for.

i was able to restore my kodi settings from my back up file however , i lost my favorite buttons that were at the bottom of the screen. How do I reinstall them?

Thanks

if you have it already backed up you should be able to restore via Backup Add-on, then reboot your box and launch back Kodi and it should be there

Unless "Backup Add-on" is a Kodi addon I've never heard of before, the stock, legitimate, non-third-party Backup program doesn't keep your favourites.

Thanks

Unless "Backup Add-on" is a Kodi addon I've never heard of before, the stock, legitimate, non-third-party Backup program doesn't keep your favourites.

They changed the name to "Backup"

It is apart of the KODI OFFICIAL REPO

It is a program add on

It will backup your add ons, and most user data. Just not the add on shortcuts.

I upgraded to kodi 15.2 it loads and works great, but, on a reboot or power up it reverts back to 13.2. Have reloaded and tried several times. What should I try next?

The video doesn't work could you send the link?

Thanks

try our video, hJsAQW1Mn9M

start it from 00:40 seconds on word the steps are the same in Kodi or XBMC

try our video, hJsAQW1Mn9M

I didn't realize that, all this time, XC Techs and Mygica Support were the same.

I upgraded to kodi 15.2 it loads and works great, but, on a reboot or power up it reverts back to 13.2. Have reloaded and tried several times. What should I try next?

Do you have two icons, one for XMBC and one for Kodi? It sounds like you are still running the XBMC factory-installed, not the Kodi you installed.