Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigsingerdawg

No lights other than power - composite inputs

So I have very little interest in video capture am using the HD cap x purely to transfer my old school game systems composite signal to HDMI. The unit was working fine with SNES, nes, GameCube etc all connected to a composite switch with that composite out going into the HD cap x and the HDMI out from the cap x to my receiver.

It was working fine for about a week.

Now the only light on for the HD cap x is the green power button. There is no light for the component consoles hooked up to it.

Pressing the input button does nothing.

I don't remember if one of the other buttons would light up before but it seems like the signal is not getting into the HD cap x.

I plugged one system composite cable directly into the HD cap x thinking maybe it was my composite switch but that didn't work either.

Is my cap x broken that the input button does nothing?

Please help!!!

I can't find anything online in terms of a user manual or that confirms that the other buttons should light up when it's getting a signal from composite and hooked into the composite cables in the back correctly but am assuming that's the case.

Also would have private messaged you Justin but it looks like since I'm new to the forum I can't.

It was working so great for a week! Stopped working out of nowhere :|

Marc

Still looking for some help here can 100% confirm all other parts are working except now the mygica hd cap x isn't getting the composite signal even though it's connected (checked and double checked the connections). I've done a bunch of power syncs too and I don't have anything else to do but press the rec, res, or input button and none of those are doing anything.

I just tried plugging an active HDMI device into the in HDMI and that also doesn't trigger any buttons.

Think my unit is defective? It's very weird it worked fine before.

Is there anything else to do to get the device to work? Holding input, any help would be great.

I've emailed the website, tweeted at mygicana on twitter, emailed support and gotten no answers. Feeling very unloved

Still looking for some help here can 100% confirm all other parts are working except now the mygica hd cap x isn't getting the composite signal even though it's connected (checked and double checked the connections). I've done a bunch of power syncs too and I don't have anything else to do but press the rec, res, or input button and none of those are doing anything.

I just tried plugging an active HDMI device into the in HDMI and that also doesn't trigger any buttons.

Is there anything else to do to get the device to work? Holding input, any help would be great.

I've emailed the website, tweeted at mygicana on twitter, emailed support and gotten no answers. Feeling very unloved

Can you email Support

Email - support@mygica.com and CC me on it, support@mygica.ca

Will figure this out for you

Sorry but not sure who you emailed, but we have not received an email about this at support@mygica.ca

Thanks

Can you email Support

Email - support@mygica.com and CC me on it, support@mygica.ca

Will figure this out for you

Sorry but not sure who you emailed, but we have not received an email about this at support@mygica.ca

Thanks

Justin I just sent the email if you could confirm you got it would be amazing, thanks so much for reaching out, feel better than at least someone is seeing my issue!!!

The hardware must have been defective or stopped working. The store I bought it from swapped it for a new one and that worked fine.

Hope this new one lasts me more than a 15 days.

I got the email

Good to hear the new working unit works for you

Thanks