Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rspear

Atv 1200 vmedia version

Hello,

I have a box from vmedia which I believe is the atv 1200. It's currently on Android 4.1.

I'm no longer with vmedia and would like to root and install default mygica firmware.

Can anybody help me out?

Completely opposite question now...

I've decided to sell the box and upgrade something newer.

Any chance a back up was made when I flashed the my gica firmware?

Or do you know where I can find the vmedia firm ware? They won't make it available.

Completely opposite question now...

I've decided to sell the box and upgrade something newer.

Any chance a back up was made when I flashed the my gica firmware?

Or do you know where I can find the vmedia firm ware? They won't make it available.

If you call there support and tell them your box is in Recovery screen, they should email you the Firmware

A friend of mine did this so he could convert his MyGica to Vmedia since he subbed with them, and they emailed it to him within 10 minutes.

Any idea how I can get the remote working with the mygica firmware?

The 1200 Vmedia version uses the KR34 remote code

So just use the KR34 ATV 1200 MyGica Firmware and your Vmedia remote will work.

Just not sure if all of the buttons will work since it has a different button mapping.

But UP/DOWN, LEFT/RIGHT, Home, OK, Return buttons should work.

I have a vmedia Android Box, atv 1200 firmware works really well, Where might the file/s be located that control the infra red remote functions. I would like to swap the correct settings from the factory firmware to my atv 1200 firmware. Everything works perfectly on the alternative firmware with the exception of the remote control. anyone have any ideas ?

I have a vmedia Android Box, atv 1200 firmware works really well, Where might the file/s be located that control the infra red remote functions. I would like to swap the correct settings from the factory firmware to my atv 1200 firmware. Everything works perfectly on the alternative firmware with the exception of the remote control. anyone have any ideas ?

Vmedia uses the KR34 Remote code

So install the ATV 1200 KR34 Firmware

Can find it here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520

I'm trying to repurpose my vbox from Vmedia as well. Are you sure Vmedia's remote uses the KR34 code? I've tried ATV 1200 firmwares for both KR34 and KR60/KR20, but neither works with my Vmedia remote.

My remote looks just like a KR20, with the same button layout, but different button labels. E.g. where the KR20 has the Menu button, mine has the Return button; KR20's Return button is where my Info button is; and so on.

The firmware at viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2491 supposedly works for both KR60 and KR20, but my remote doesn't work with it. I also tried viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520 for the KR34, but my remote doesnt work with that either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I managed to get my VBOX remote working. I don't think the VBOX remote uses KR34 or KR60/KR20 codes. ATV 1200 firmware for either KR34 or KR60/KR20 works with my VBOX, but in order to get the remote working, I had to edit the the remote config. The info detailed at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-sup ... rd-with-ir contained everything I needed to figure it out. But, I did come across the following image that identifies all the scan codes for my remote, which made it much easier for me:

/system/etc/remote.conf[/b] and change the value for factory_code to 0xbd020001. Then, map all the scan codes (refer to the image) to keys of my choosing (refer to /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl for key codes).

It wasn't necessary to edit Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl, but you can if you want to add anything that isn't in there. I think this details some (all?) of the keys you can use: http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... Event.html. E.g. KEYCODE_HOME means you can use HOME in the keylayout file. But, I never tested editing of the keylayout -- I didn't want to alter more files than I needed to.

Attached is a copy of my remote.conf if anyone wants it. I'm still tweaking it to my liking, but this should at least serve to get your VBOX remote working.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the only difference between the KR34 and KR60/KR20 firmwares is the remote.conf file? Is there any reason to choose one firmware over the other?

vmedia-vbox-remote-scan-codes-in-decimal.jpg.8b17998422c7f5124b8e996eef1f1788.jpg

remote.conf.zip

I managed to get my VBOX remote working. I don't think the VBOX remote uses KR34 or KR60/KR20 codes. ATV 1200 firmware for either KR34 or KR60/KR20 works with my VBOX, but in order to get the remote working, I had to edit the the remote config. The info detailed at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-sup ... rd-with-ir contained everything I needed to figure it out. But, I did come across the following image that identifies all the scan codes for my remote, which made it much easier for me:

/system/etc/remote.conf[/b] and change the value for factory_code to 0xbd020001. Then, map all the scan codes (refer to the image) to keys of my choosing (refer to /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl for key codes).

It wasn't necessary to edit Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl, but you can if you want to add anything that isn't in there. I think this details some (all?) of the keys you can use: http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... Event.html. E.g. KEYCODE_HOME means you can use HOME in the keylayout file. But, I never tested editing of the keylayout -- I didn't want to alter more files than I needed to.

Thank for sharing this info.

The Vmedia remote does use KR34 Remote code, however not all buttons from the remote will work.

So this is why you had to edit the Remote Config.

Attached is a copy of my remote.conf if anyone wants it. I'm still tweaking it to my liking, but this should at least serve to get your VBOX remote working.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the only difference between the KR34 and KR60/KR20 firmwares is the remote.conf file? Is there any reason to choose one firmware over the other?

Thank for sharing this info.

The Vmedia remote does use KR34 Remote code, however not all buttons from the remote will work.

So this is why you had to edit the Remote Config.

Hmm...you're right, the factory_code in remote.conf from the KR34 firmware is the same as what I ended up using (0xbd020001). But, the scan codes are entirely different, so unfortunately NONE of the buttons work without editing remote.conf. That's for my remote, anyway. Maybe there are other variants of the Vmedia remote with at least some matching scan codes.

Stupid question: Is it correct that there is no other way to change from one remote to the other than reinstalling/flashing the ATV1200 or can someone let me know how to change / edit the remote.conf file in Android?

On 11/8/2016 at 0:52 PM, Rosari Max said:

Stupid question: Is it correct that there is no other way to change from one remote to the other than reinstalling/flashing the ATV1200 or can someone let me know how to change / edit the remote.conf file in Android?

If you've already flashed the ATV1200 firmware, then to change remotes, all you should need to do is replace remote.conf. To do so, make sure your custom remote.conf is on a USB stick or SD card, and plug it in.  You'll also need a USB keyboard plugged in so you can type the commands below. A mouse will also help you navigate, though you can get by with just the keyboard.

Install Terminal Emulator from the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm) and launch it. Type the following (notes in square brackets are my comments, not to be typed):

su [need root privileges]
mount -o remount,rw /system [this makes the directory writable]
cp  /system/etc/remote.conf /system/etc/remote.conf.bak [backup the original remote.conf]
cp /path/to/custom/remote.conf /system/etc/remote.conf [copy custom remote.conf; replace source path with actual path, i.e. path to USB stick or SD card]

Reboot.

Sorry, I don't have the box anymore, so I can't provide anything more specific.

Awesome advise bofforama

Thank you very much for the information. I was able to re-purpose the box to a fully functional ATV1200.

Keep up the good work.

Too bad there's no way of packing the remote.conf file right into the ATV1200 image to simplify the installation process.

Take care