Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franklinvu

atv1200 Bricked after firmware flash

hi there,

It seems that my atv1200 is hard bricked after a attempt to flash the 4.2.2. rom.

I did the flash accordingly to the thread on this forum, downloaded the files , placed them on the SD card and started the flash with the recovey button.

It did exactly what was described in the youtube movie, but after the flash was done the box remains dead :| . Only the red light comes on and no matter what i try to do it will not come into recovery mode, and i can not flash anything from the D card using the recovery button method.

Please help me as i have a non functional atv1200 now. :cry:

Thanks!

hi there,

It seems that my atv1200 is hard bricked after a attempt to flash the 4.2.2. rom.

I did the flash accordingly to the thread on this forum, downloaded the files , placed them on the SD card and started the flash with the recovey button.

It did exactly what was described in the youtube movie, but after the flash was done the box remains dead :| . Only the red light comes on and no matter what i try to do it will not come into recovery mode, and i can not flash anything from the D card using the recovery button method.

Please help me as i have a non functional atv1200 now. :cry:

Thanks!

Did you have no other files on your SD card besides the ones needed for the upgrade?

And since you box is bricked, you will have to send it in for warranty. For North America, we have a California office in the USA as well as a Mississauga office in Canada.

Hi ,

I followed the procedure exactly as in the description..

I was able to bring the box back alive and flashed the 4.2.2 version after that.

there was no way to play movies in xbmc without stuttering, also xbmc hangs alot, no support for blue ray (Frodo as build in).

It was one big nightmare to revert back to 4.1.2, so if anyone considers to upgrade to 4.2.2 be aware of this. and try to find a good revert procedure before you go on.

4.2.2. is missing out alot of stuff , if you google you will find the reviews regarding this firmware.

for now i stick to the last supported version downloadable on the mygica site under support, that one is still buggy as hell but it plays movies at least.

The atv1200 hardware seems to be okay, firmware and development is lacking.

Next time i spend some more money and buy a decent box with good firmware instead of homebrewish software.

Hi ,

I followed the procedure exactly as in the description..

I was able to bring the box back alive and flashed the 4.2.2 version after that.

there was no way to play movies in xbmc without stuttering, also xbmc hangs alot, no support for blue ray (Frodo as build in).

It was one big nightmare to revert back to 4.1.2, so if anyone considers to upgrade to 4.2.2 be aware of this. and try to find a good revert procedure before you go on.

4.2.2. is missing out alot of stuff , if you google you will find the reviews regarding this firmware.

for now i stick to the last supported version downloadable on the mygica site under support, that one is still buggy as hell but it plays movies at least.

The atv1200 hardware seems to be okay, firmware and development is lacking.

Next time i spend some more money and buy a decent box with good firmware instead of homebrewish software.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems. But we fully support our products with new updates and developments.

But this is the first I am hearing of XBMC stuttering and hanging, I personally use the ATV 1200 at my home, and do not experience this at all, and have not heard this from customers or dealers either.

Our next update will include Gotham 13.1, so this should solve your Blu Ray problem.

Also would you be able to post a link on here as to where you read 4.2.2 is missing a lot? I would like to know, so I can read it over and see if it can be added.

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem after the 4.2.2 update. I did see the update being installed. After it went for a reboot it never came on again.

Only the red power led is on. Other than that it's doing nothing.

Do you have any suggestions besides sending it back for warranty?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem after the 4.2.2 update. I did see the update being installed. After it went for a reboot it never came on again.

Only the red power led is on. Other than that it's doing nothing.

Do you have any suggestions besides sending it back for warranty?

Thanks.

Sorry but we do not have anything to fix this besides sending back for warranty.

Hey guys, just wanted to share that I bricked my daughters atv1200 (just the red light was on) but after much searching I found a method that resurrected it for me. I was SO relieved!

It comes from user DevilChris posting on 06-07-2014 in http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php? ... 1200/page2

Basically it involves formatting an SD card to be bootable using the tools (and instructions) from the http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta link and formatting the SD card with the uboot_MX.bin file on it.

Then download & extract the MyGica file http://update.mygica.cn/MX_4.1/Mygic...s_20140512.zip, and put the following files on the SD card: (or maybe you could use a previous firmware version?)

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

how to update 4.2 on 4.1 platform.txt

recovery.img

spi_MX.bin

update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img

His post is below, although I just used an HDMI cable into my TV, and held the upgrade (reset) button on first power-up:

Hi Guys,

Just to share. I have recover my Mygica ATV1200 using the step below:

You need to download and extract the following

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta

Run the sdflashcard.exe with administrator permissions, in the drop down select you SD card, tick the box and hit the button, format the card, then hit the ok button twice!

Download and extract this to the sd card

http://update.mygica.cn/MX_4.1/Mygic...s_20140512.zip

Put the SD card in and power on the ATV...

This should then boot android, once it has done this. Power off the ATV. Hold down the upgrade button and power up, hold the upgrade button for 5 seconds then release. It will now install android to the ATV. This is all output via serial and HDMI.

You can either refer to "dreimer2d'S" post above yours.

Or you can contact your reseller to get it exchanged under warranty.

I have same problem ( black screen after update to 4.2). I suppose problem is in different boards.

I see on my board RMX0104 Ver 1.5 2013/10/10

If some of us solve problem ? Can you say what a Board name?

And other question. When I create boot SD what version must place ? Old or new ?

BTW files in prev messages is not exist. Please upload again.

I tried everything to try to reflash the firmware. I wish there is a easier way than having to open up the box and using the serial port. I think my reset button is broken or something... nothing working at all

Geniatech in China, which is the maker and also owner of Mygica has told us to just replace bricked units, as long as they are under warranty. As they are unable currently to set us up with the right tools to fix bricked units. Since how they fix them, is changing out the internal flash memory.

Sorry wish we had a better way to fix this, but this is the best options they have given us for any bricked units.

Can you please contact them and send me a internal flash memory instead of the whole box. I just need the chip and I will try to fix it myself. Seems it's impossible to get any support if you bought from a China source. I bought directly from their aliexpress store.... They totally ignore my request for help.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/616485

I am in exactly same situation ! I received my device from ali store and after tried update it died. I contacted to support and received instruction to boot from SD card by shorting some pins of SPI flash ( I opened box) and it success. But after boot and restore operation still device have black screen. Contact person still not give any other solution.

Sorry guys but I am only able to handle warranty on units which are purchased through our dealers from mygica.ca and mygica.us within North America. I know this is a Mygica forum, but we are only located in Canada and the USA.

We are not able to handle warranty for units purchased from other sellers around the world, we can only send you to Mygica.com in China, which will handle any and all warranty for there products no matter where it was purchased from.

You can always send a email to support@mygica.com and you can CC me on it as well if you like to support@mygica.ca and I will push them to help you as best as possible.

Hello Justin,

I purchased mine through Canadacomputers and have run into the same issue of device being bricked. I did not buy the replacement warranty Canada computers offered. Am I able to send my ATV520 in for warranty?

Hello Justin,

I purchased mine through Canadacomputers and have run into the same issue of device being bricked. I did not buy the replacement warranty Canada computers offered. Am I able to send my ATV520 in for warranty?

Since Canada Computers is exclusive to ATV 520E, they are handling the 1 year warranty on this model.

As long as you have receipt still, just take it back to any Canada Computers location, and they will be able to do the warranty for you.

If they give you a hard time, ask to speak with a manager and they will handle it for you.