Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlexPyle

Upgrade to latest KODI?

Hi Justin,

I thought I read in the published info about the ATV 1900AC that it comes with Kodi optimized for the 1900. I assume from that there is some software within the Kodi app that comes with the box that uses the hardware decoding on the chip to make Kodi run better.

Is the Kodi app that is included optimized for the 1900AC?

If it is and I upgrade to the latest version of Kodi, will I lose that optimization? Currently my box has Kodi 15.1. Will I be able to update to future versions without problems (eg V16 etc.)?

Thank you

Here we go again....after 1 month no answer from Mygica support...

Dont Mygica know, that this spreed around the internet? the bad support????

Why no answer for such an important information? Simply TERRIBLE!

I will answer this question instead of Mygica:

YES, UNINSTALL THE KODI WHO COMES WITH THE FIRMWARE, INSTALL ANY FROM kodi.tv , best is Kodi 16, RC3, AND YOU WILL HAVE LESS TROUBLE!

I will answer this question instead of Mygica:

YES, UNINSTALL THE KODI WHO COMES WITH THE FIRMWARE, INSTALL ANY FROM kodi.tv , best is Kodi 16, RC3, AND YOU WILL HAVE LESS TROUBLE!

One of the reasons that Justin didn't answer is probably because its been answered on this form him numerous times before. Since you're apparently knowledgeable about Kodi, you should have already guessed that 15.1 was not and could not be the latest version of Isengard.

As to the 1900s Wi-Fi and connectivity issues, that has already and repeatedly been acknowledged and apologized for by Justin.

On all of these models

ATV 1900/582/1800/380/585

We have switched to the Official KODI Version from the Google Play Store

Since we find this is a very good version moving forward, as any new version update will come Automatically from KODI and it will not overwrite your ADD ONS and USER DATA.

It was only on older versions of KODI that needed optimization because they did not have good support for Android. But ever since they came out with version 15.xx and above, there is now very good support on Android.

I am currently re working the MyGica store as well, so that all of your favorite apps can be found and also updated vs using the Playstore.

This will take time though, and I do not see a relaunch for this till March or April.

We do plan however to come out with a MyGica Media Center App, which will be optimized for MyGicas and based off of KODI.

We have to call it something else besides KODI though, since KODI does not allow you to change anything without sharing it. However after speaking with them, if you call it something else then they do not require you to share anything.