Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koodoo

Button Mapping feature

Hi

One of the things I wish for in future releases is the ability to remap some of the remote buttons. In fact, being able to pick a remote would be great!

I bought 380 which came with the KR60 remote. Unfortunately, that remote is missing quite a few buttons that one would expect to see on any modern media player. So, I went out and bought the KR301 mouse remote, hoping to use all of the buttons on the larger remote. Unfortunately, some of the buttons on the new remote do not work. I also played around with an STB emulator app and discovered that the colored buttons on the remote (red, blue, green, yellow) do no work at all!

I wish that you would design the firmware in a way that allows you to pick the remote you have from a drop down menu in settings and then enable the extra functionality in the software.

Finally, allow us to remap the buttons, at least the app shortcuts. If its too much work to do through a fancy menu, at least give us the ability to edit a text file and change the mappings.

I like this box so far, I think it works quite well. I also have a WD box which sucks in comparison. I hope that the remote issue can be resolved, though. Especially since MyGica makes the KR301 remotes, also!

Thanks

Yes I have to get this finished.

Sorry there was an APK APP that we were making to allow everyone to do this with there KR301

Not sure why this hasn't been finished yet

Will bring it up again in this weeks meeting, and let you guys know

Was told last night that the Button Mapping feature will start this week and take 2 weeks to build it.

As for MAGTV allowing these buttons.

Will have to see if they can add this feature as well. Since it is a different developer for MAGTV.

So 30 days later and still no answer. This is why MyGica support sucks as the delays to every single promise nvr comes around.

Here is Beta version for mapping colored buttons on KR301

You must install the APK manually using APP INSTALLER and can be loaded using a SD CARD or USB.

Sorry took awhile, but try it and let me know what you guys think

ShortCutProject_v1.0.2.zip

Tried the app and it doesn't do much. Screen shows the coloured buttons with "add" "+" signs above each button. Nothing happens when you click each "+" or button with mouse and tried pushing the coloured buttons on the remote and does nothing. Looks like there is still some more work to do.

FBN

Ok, I gave the app another try and was able to figure it out. It appears to be working fine for mapping the coloured buttons to shortcuts. I was hoping to be able to program one of the buttons as "recent apps", but this app is only limited to shortcuts.

FBN

Ok, I gave the app another try and was able to figure it out. It appears to be working fine for mapping the coloured buttons to shortcuts. I was hoping to be able to program one of the buttons as "recent apps", but this app is only limited to shortcuts.

FBN

Yes for now it is only for app shortcuts.

We are trying to improve it to add more functions to it.

Also trying to get this added into our firmware

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

To be added to the Harmony database, and keyboard controls when using a keyboard.

Same experience for me..I can choose colored buttons but nothing happens. For example, red button = perfect player, green button = kodi, but apps won't run at.

1 minute ago, tfreake said:

Is there another release to make the coloured buttons work on a 1900ac? Or just the beta listed above?

The colored buttons is a physical remote feature itself.

For example, the KR 301 and KR20 Mag remote have colored buttons
And they work on the 1900AC