Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

ATV 1800/582/380 PATCH FILE FOR HDMI BLACKOUT ISSUE

This is Patch File that is supposed to fix the issue where your TV Screen is black after having your MyGica coming out of Standby mode, or you switched HDMI inputs on your TV and went back to the MyGica.

This only seems to happen on certain brands of TV's

You can install this manually through the Upgrade app.

Please make sure to extract the IMG file from the zip folder I have put it into.

If file does not appear, press the 3 lined context menu button 10+ times it should appear.

**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR ANDROID 4.4 ONLY**

This will work for ATV 1800/582/380

Please report if it works or not in this exact thread.

As I need some feedback on this since none of the TV's I have here give me this issue.

Thanks

Justin

update_MyGica_HDMI_patch_20151210.zip

Justin, I've tried to use the Upgrade app to apply and it doesn't seem to see it. It showed the original .img file but not the patch.

I removed the files and left only the patch on and the Upgrade app can't find it.

File Manager shows it's on the SD card.

I am running the Lollipop Beta FW. Does it only apply to the version 4 FW.

BTW: I am having that same problem with my setup, Sony TV HDMI connection.

Justin, I've tried to use the Upgrade app to apply and it doesn't seem to see it. It showed the original .img file but not the patch.

I removed the files and left only the patch on and the Upgrade app can't find it.

Press context menu button 10+ times it should appear

But this is for 4.4 only

But this is for 4.4 only

Running Lollipop so I'll wait on the fix. Inconvenience, not a real problem....and I know you're busy.

Good Luck.

But this is for 4.4 only

Running Lollipop so I'll wait on the fix. Inconvenience, not a real problem....and I know you're busy.

Good Luck.

Ok thanks for trying

If anyone else has feedback please try it and let me know

Thanks

Justin

If I reboot the 380 on the proper input, I see the bootup screen but then it goes to black.

If I reboot the 380 while on a different input and go back when it's finished, I can see the launcher just fine.

TV is a sharp aquos.

edit: same thing happens before and after this patch

I bought an 1800, it won't come out of standby with or without the patch, latest firmware. Rebooting it works fine. On a different sharp aquos. I'm pretty proficient in adb so let me know if there's any logs you want or debug I can do.

I bought an 1800, it won't come out of standby with or without the patch, latest firmware. Rebooting it works fine. On a different sharp aquos. I'm pretty proficient in adb so let me know if there's any logs you want or debug I can do.

Any chance you can take a video of this with the patch?

Here's the 380 reboot problem with the patch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV0UB89PuI

TV is Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U. I tried to show the green light is on at 0:40 but my camera wouldn't focus.

It's intermittent, like 25% of the time. Thankfully I don't have to get up to fix it.

Now the 1800 is more of a PITA because I need to get up and pull the power to fix it when it gets stuck in blackout mode. It's plugged in to the bedroom TV and the wife is in bed, so I'll try to get a video in the morning.

Hi all.

Had the blackout problem on Panasonic TX-P42G30E.

The patch seems to have fixed it. Switching to ATV 1800 HDMI input is now also much faster.

Thanks.

Hey Justin

The TV I have is a Sharp 46" Aquos that is about 7 years old now but it has a setting called "HDMI auto view mode" that detects the format of the input and auto sets the TV aspect for best pic. If it's turned off it gets rid of the blackout issue. I wonder if the blackout issue was peoples TV's all along that have similar HDMI auto settings and not the software in the box at all???

Hey Justin

The TV I have is a Sharp 46" Aquos that is about 7 years old now but it has a setting called "HDMI auto view mode" that detects the format of the input and auto sets the TV aspect for best pic. If it's turned off it gets rid of the blackout issue. I wonder if the blackout issue was peoples TV's all along that have similar HDMI auto settings and not the software in the box at all???

If others can try this suggestion would be great to hear there results

Justin:

Television type: HDMI passed through Denon Receiver to Samsung 55 inch LCD, still running Android 4.4

Prior to the patch, the 1800 would not sync with the television when switching from different sources and resolutions, and required (sometimes several times) to power off everything before it would re-engage. I installed the patch last week and have been using it for the last few days. So far it's a vast improvement. 95% of the time it works. One time when switching from our Wii U running at 1280x720 back to the native 1900x1200 display it didn't sync.

Another issue that's still there that I hoped this would address is with KODI, switching from 60 Hz to 24Hz when the native source is 24Hz. Kodi supports that in the advanced display settings. It's inconsistent. Sometimes when bringing the refresh from 60 to 24 it blanks out, other times when finished displaying the 24 Hz content and returning to the menu it blanks out. And yes the TV supports it, we previously had this feature working on an older Western Digital Live. For the time being I've turned off the "match display to source refresh" or whatever the option is (not in front of the TV at the moment), so it's a workaround.

Still though, the general functionality has greatly improved. Glad to see your team has been working on this.

Have you tried turning off the HDMI Auto Detect in the settings menu of Android, and switching it to 1080P-24HZ?

I notice reading above though, that it might be the TV's auto sensing rather than the MyGica's auto detect. I'll try that tonight to see if I can change the TV's setting.

Let me know your results

This is Patch File that is supposed to fix the issue where your TV Screen is black after having your MyGica coming out of Standby mode, or you switched HDMI inputs on your TV and went back to the MyGica.

Please make sure to extract the IMG file from the zip folder I have put it into.

If file does not appear, press the 3 lined context menu button 10+ times it should appear.

As I need some feedback on this since none of the TV's I have here give me this issue.

My issue is with an 1800E and a Samsung JU7100 4K tv. I can only get an image if I set the resolution to &@). Any higher and I simply get a message saying no signal found. Will this patch work for this situation. When I bought the box over a year ago I had the same problem but with another Samsung model. Would just like to know if this patch will work. Look forward to your responses.

Thanks

Justin

My issue is with an 1800E and a Samsung JU7100 4K tv. I can only get an image if I set the resolution to &@). Any higher and I simply get a message saying no signal found. Will this patch work for this situation. When I bought the box over a year ago I had the same problem but with another Samsung model. Would just like to know if this patch will work. Look forward to your responses.

Should say resolution 720.

Thanks

Justin

My issue was resolved with simply replacing the cable with a very high end high speed HDMI cable. No problem with a screen showing no signal and I am able to use all resolutions right up to 4K The only issue now is that the picture is small and only in the upper left corner of the TV. I have been able to correct this with calibration and zoom. Just wish the picture would come in without having to resort to zoom/

The picture however is amazing.

Should say resolution 720.

Thanks

Justin

I can't figure out how to apply patch. It is extracted onto SD card. Running 4.4.2

You must have it on the root of the sd card.

Not inside a folder on the sd card

You can load it onto the box by using the pre installed app on your box called "upgrade"

In there select "Local Update"

I updated to the latest OS plus I did the HDMI patch and I still have this Black screen from Standby Issue.

Is there anything else I can do?

I am at the brink of almost returning this product. I don't want to have to do that because I like it but please let me know ASAP

Thanks!

mikefotos

I updated to the latest OS plus I did the HDMI patch and I still have this Black screen from Standby Issue.

Is there anything else I can do?

I am at the brink of almost returning this product. I don't want to have to do that because I like it but please let me know ASAP

Thanks!

mikefotos

I responded to your other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4565

Please respond there

Thanks