Justin

ATV 1800/582/380 PATCH FILE FOR RCA BLACKOUT ON KODI

This is Patch File that is supposed to fix the issue where your TV Screen is black when KODI 15.X and above is opened and you are connected to your TV via RCA.

Please make sure to extract the IMG file from the zip folder I have put it into.

If file does not appear, press the 3 lined context menu button 10+ times it should appear.

**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR ANDROID 4.4 ONLY**

This will work for ATV 1800/582/380

I tried this myself here on 3 TV's and it worked.

Please report if it works or not in this exact thread.

As I need some feedback on this. Once approved I will have it built into our next Firmware or sent via OTA as a patch file.

Thanks

Justin

update_4.4_patch_RCA-Mygica_kodi.zip

Thank you for this patch Justin, here is some feedback as requested. I do use the RCA output occasionally to send the MyGica screen to another TV in another room. I had always presumed the inability to use Kodi in RCA display was a resolution issue with Kodi itself. I installed this patch after upgrading to the latest Nov 19 firmware and I was able to see Kodi through RCA so the patch works. Having said this, it's still not quite right. The home screen for Kodi looks good but when I try to watch a video either through an Addon or through Live TV, the display is way off only showing the upper left portion of what should be the full display. I have altered the video settings and overscan settings within Kodi to no avail. I have also tried changing the display settings in the Mygica settings and no go. Not sure if I am missing something else but I was hoping this would be the bandaid solution until we have screen casting to a Chromecast receiver.

I know this probably isn't the proper section to give other feedback but I'm not sure where to provide these next comments. I am finding the file listings and discussion threads On this website very confusing. For example, unless I'm missing it, I don't see a discussion thread committed to the November 18 update. It seems feedback is blended with the March update thread and is mixed in with the beta Android 5 update. The downloads themselves seem to be numbered in a confusing way. The most recent OTA update has a date of November 18 where as the one to download here is November 19. Are they actually the same? Anyways, I appreciate all you and the team do to support us users and you had mentioned at one point a while back that the website was going to be reorganized. Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year for MyGica!

As an update, I searched and found a solution to the video scaling issue when using Kodi in RCA @ reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/2qxrl9/doesnt_work_on_older_tvs/.

Basically in the Kodi video acceleration setting you need to disable amcodec. I confirmed this works.

So for my setup in order to have RCA work I need to unplug the HDMI and then disable the amcodec acceleration. Not perfect but okay until the screen cast ability in Android 5.2 is available in the new year (wink wink Justin).

Hope this helps others....