Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reboot123

Update MyGica 1200 to Kodi. Can it be done on my model?

I have a MyGica 1200. It has no reset button, and the remote has no numbers on it. Can I update from XBMC to Kodi.

Any Ideas. XBMC is on it now. I think the version on it now is 4.1.

Reboot123

Tks

In Kodi, go way over to the right, under system, then down to system info. That will tell you your version (14.2, 15.2 etc).

1) You can't install version 15.2 if you already have 14.2 installed, but you can work around that. The easiest way imo is to uninstall 14.2 is by going under (in Android front page) settings/more settings/apps/ (you should be on a black screen with white words down the left side now) then find Kodi. Go down to Kodi and uninstall (highlight Kodi then press the ok button). One of the options is uninstall.

2) You can then either install from the Play Store or right from Kodi.tv/downloads/15.2/and the "arm" version. I just d/l the arm version from Kodi then use the appinstaller program from the android front page.

I would d/l first to make sure you know how to do it, then play later.

The 1200 is getting to be a "dated" box. It's been out for almost 4 years. If I remember correctly, dual core, 1 gig ram and only 4 gig of total space. 1.5 of that is o/s. I'm trying to set one up to run iptv, since it's kind of gimpy for a lot of other stuff.

And btw you can install Kodi along with XBMC, (different signatures) but you're just loading another 150 meg of programs (along with whatever you're putting in Kodi) into a small box.