Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhaijan

Disk space full

I have a MyGica 1200 running Android 4.2.2, Isengard 15.2 and the only repository I use is SuperRepo. The box has a total disk space of about 2 GB plus. Currently disk space used is about 0.9 GB, which includes Kodi, the above repository and some apps; free space is about 1.4 GB. Every other week, disk space become full to about 2.2 GB and then Kodi does not run (I have Zero Caching Enabled). This usually happens from a Standby or Restart. What is the issue and how can it be remedied? Thanks.

I have a MyGica 1200 running Android 4.2.2, Isengard 15.2 and the only repository I use is SuperRepo. The box has a total disk space of about 2 GB plus. Currently disk space used is about 0.9 GB, which includes Kodi, the above repository and some apps; free space is about 1.4 GB. Every other week, disk space become full to about 2.2 GB and then Kodi does not run (I have Zero Caching Enabled). This usually happens from a Standby or Restart. What is the issue and how can it be remedied? Thanks.

Are there add on updates in between this?

Plus do you have Meta Data turned on in a lot of your add ons? Like Thumbnails, Movie posters etc?

Meta Data, Thumbnails etc can take up a lot of space over time.

This data is usually stored when you say look at a list of Movies/TV Shows.

This all gets cached, so the next time you go back to that same page, it loads up quickly

It is like Cookies on a PC Browser. Zero Cache is only for streaming.

If you install KODI with your add ons as a fresh install.

Go into the settings menu of Android, and go to APPS.

Look at KODI, and let it compute the file size.

Avg KODI Builds are about 500mb-1gb

Then look at it 2-3 weeks from now, and see if it the file size changed.

You will find your answer after trying this.

Thank you for your advise and you are right, I did notice this from the beginning but jumping from 1GB to 2,2GB in a few minutes I cant understand. However, I've installed RAW Maintenance and all seems to be fine now. But is there a backdoor? If Raw fails can i do something from Android to flush out the drive instead of Factory Reset because I wont be able to start Kodi?

Thank you for your advise and you are right, I did notice this from the beginning but jumping from 1GB to 2,2GB in a few minutes I cant understand. However, I've installed RAW Maintenance and all seems to be fine now. But is there a backdoor? If Raw fails can i do something from Android to flush out the drive instead of Factory Reset because I wont be able to start Kodi?

You can always go into the APPS part of settings

Find KODI and clear the data

This will Wipe Kodi, and allow you to reinstall your add ons etc.

Also make sure to turn off Meta Data on all of the add ons your using, that way it will only display everything via TEXT format, and not Movie Posters etc.