Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Balupi63

Standby modus problems

Since I (recently) updated my gica ATV1200 with the latest firmware i have problems with the standby modus.

If i switch off and choose "standby" mode the box switches off and the red light lights up. But after a while the green light turns on and off for about 30 seconds. Does someone recognize this?

This seems to happen only to a few, and not everyone.

It will be addressed in our next firmware update.

Justin,

That's good to hear, when will this firmware update be released?

Hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks.

We are finishing up the New Launcher and Firmware for our Quad core models first, as we want our new shipment to have everything new and working great for the Quad Cores.

any news on new firmware? I have the same problem and it is annoying :(

Got new firmware on Thursday

Just trying it out among me and my testers.

Looks like it will be approved for an OTA update to be sent down next week.

well, that is a great news! thank you!

Sorry i take but what I said

I did not realize which section this was..LOL

There is new firmware on mygica.com for the ATV 400, 520E, 1200 for 4.2

The ATV 1200 firmware can be found here

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

In this zip file you will find 2 PDF files, make sure you download the files for the remote control you are using based on the pictures shown in each PDF

Justin, i following upgrade instructions step by step but after upgrading SPI file, the system reboots and this message is displayed:

Finding update package...

Installation aborted.

Formatting/cache...

The upgrade files are on SD card, and I have also tried USB stick, but the result is the same. Can you help me?

Thnx in advance!

Justin, i following upgrade instructions step by step but after upgrading SPI file, the system reboots and this message is displayed:

Finding update package...

Installation aborted.

Formatting/cache...

The upgrade files are on SD card, and I have also tried USB stick, but the result is the same. Can you help me?

Thnx in advance!

Make sure the files are on the root of the SD card, and make sure it is formatted to FAT32.

Or you can always load the files from the recovery screen, by using the reset button on the back of your unit before you plug in the power.

Hold down the reset button while plugging in the power cord, and keep holding down the reset button till it takes you to the recovery screen. From here you will be able to update the box.

Well, dear sir, you were correct! The format of media was NTFS instead of FAT32. Noob mistake :)

Thank you for your assistance!

No problem

Good to hear you figured it out.