Sign in to follow this  
Justin

ATV 585 UNOFFICIAL OPENELEC KODI 15.2 - 02/18/16

Here is our Unofficial OPENELEC KODI 15.2 Version for the MyGica ATV 585

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX AND ALSO DELETE ANDROID**

**OPENELEC WILL NOW BECOME THE OPERATING SYSTEM AFTER YOU INSTALL THIS**

OPENELEC is a Standalone Version of KODI which is basically KODI LINUX with KODI now becoming your entire operating system rather then Android.

Feedback can be left here:

How to Video

VJEXaewpK18

s805 openelec.zip

These are not mine but I forget now which user put these up in any even here is a factory reset if you want to go back to android. Install it the same way you installed epenelec.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... B27C027A9B

Justin I mean how can you put this up with no information on how to revert back to android? And second did you's even test it at all?

These are not mine but I forget now which user put these up in any even here is a factory reset if you want to go back to android. Install it the same way you installed epenelec.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... B27C027A9B

Justin I mean how can you put this up with no information on how to revert back to android? And second did you's even test it at all?

I was waiting on some videos to be done for Reverting back to Android

And yes we tested all versions of Openelec we posted.

If it was not tested, then I wouldn't post it.

Which I can install addon for NetFlix. because everyone who provides me not listed in the Programs section

I have never seen a Netflix add on for KODI before.

If anyone else has info on this, please share it.

I looked around and there is apparently an app/Addon that can be launched from within Kodi, and I would mention the website to find it, it being one of a number of unofficial TVAddons (err... Tv Addons) but another former(?) Mod here had loudly given me crap for talking about unofficially-approved-therefore-illegal addons.

I didn't bother looking into the addon too much and it may not even work, no idea.

J

For an unofficial beta it works very well snappy, no crashes, no tearing, no buffering issues, with 2 exceptions:

1 - wifi is dead - can't even see the wifi card - wired is ok

2 - the resolution seems to be limited to 720p tried to force the 1080p or i but it reverts back to 720p - i have a full 1080p panasonic plasma

I installed it to try it out on my 585. I do not like it. I can't adjust the screen size and everything is way out beyond the margins. Not happy. And I don't know how to revert to Android from within the Kodi program. File manager doesn't work. It won't properly unpack the image file I downloaded from the link given here by the other user. So, I need some help.

• Like 1

So far this works waaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than I imagined ... any chance of someone compiling an update version? IE Jarvis would be great.

So far this works waaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than I imagined ... any chance of someone compiling an update version? IE Jarvis would be great.

Gonna wait till 16.2 Official comes out, then we will do an update to OPENELEC.

This firmware is very good, a much better then running on de factory default OS on android.

Just a question.

How can i activate the audio output on the AV port?

Now for playback music, the TV must switched on for the conversion of HDMI audio to the PA.

This firmware is very good, a much better then running on de factory default OS on android.

Just a question.

How can i activate the audio output on the AV port?

Now for playback music, the TV must switched on for the conversion of HDMI audio to the PA.

You cannot run audio from AV port and Video from HDMI port at the same time

Is this what you are referring to?

As for playback of music

Is the HDMI connected directly to your TV or your PA?

Hello everyone. :)

I have just upgraded to the openelec update and everything is soooo much faster..very happy...one thing...I have no audio within Kodi with this version with my HDMI cable...I had audio working with every version before this with that same HDMI cable.....I have gone to the system settings in EXPERT mode and tried to change the audio input device but it is GREYED OUT. I have tried changing all the other unimportant setting in the AUDIO settings but they had no effect. One thing I noticed right away...while in the system settings The system hangs between each press of the remote...there def. seems like something is wrong and its hanging the system for about 20 sec before I can press the remote..once out of the system settings everything works fine..just no audio swiping sounds or watching movies.

Hope you can help ty in advance :)

Any help at all would be appreciated..maybe I should reinstall the file ?

Can you try a factory reset from Android Recovery menu?

yes i tried that with no luck...installing older patch.Then perhaps i will go to the openelec version again...just getting tired of the powering off and on and android recovery options screen everytime i do an upgrade or even if the software does it for me...not once has a upgrade gone without some problem...maybe time to get a nvidia shield.

yes i tried that with no luck...installing older patch.Then perhaps i will go to the openelec version again...just getting tired of the powering off and on and android recovery options screen everytime i do an upgrade or even if the software does it for me...not once has a upgrade gone without some problem...maybe time to get a nvidia shield.

You can try this

Download the ATV 585 Files from below

These are our factory restore files

You will need a micro sd card to use to fix it.

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

Yes I have done everything in the video you linked....many times now...Have tried installing the Openelec 3 times all with no sound....Have installed the previous patch to the Openelec twice between the Openelec patch...the previous patches all had sound....so I guess I will wait until the next openelec patch and try again..until then I am using a previous patch.

I have an ATV600

I installed openelec but now I have no wireless or bluetooth

Is there a fix for this

You will have to revert back to Android

You can try this

Download the ATV 585 Files from below

These are our factory restore files

You will need a micro sd card to use to fix it.

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

Yes I have done everything in the video you linked....many times now...Have tried installing the Openelec 3 times all with no sound....Have installed the previous patch to the Openelec twice between the Openelec patch...the previous patches all had sound....so I guess I will wait until the next openelec patch and try again..until then I am using a previous patch.

Ok our next version will simply be KODI LINUX running on the latest version of KODI that is available

This new version should be able to update with OTA updates as well, as we hired a new coding group for KODI LINUX and also some Android stuff.

I do not have an estimated release date for this though.

Justin

Are you saying openelec is not compatible with the atv600

If so could you give me the manufacture info on the wifi and bluetooth

It is compatible since it is based on the 585

Just I have been reading issues with Wifi not working on it

Here is info that you asked for

Broadcom AP6210

2.4G WiFi + BlueTooth