Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laurie88

ATV120 Stuck in installation screen

I received a ATV120 dual core tv stick in March 2014. Now when it prompted me to update it, it is now stuck on the installation screen. No matter if I unplug it and plug it back in it stays in the same spot on the installation screen 11/14. Not sure if there is a master reset for this or what. Or if I can troubleshoot it somehow by plugging it into my computer?

I received a ATV120 dual core tv stick in March 2014. Now when it prompted me to update it, it is now stuck on the installation screen. No matter if I unplug it and plug it back in it stays in the same spot on the installation screen 11/14. Not sure if there is a master reset for this or what. Or if I can troubleshoot it somehow by plugging it into my computer?

There is a master reset button on the 120, its located right under the Android robot logo.

I would suggest doing this using the HDMI extension cable, since it will be hard to hold down the reset button with the ATV120 plugged directly into your TV's HDMI port. You must also use the IR Remote control, since a USB RF Remote will not work in recovery mode.

1. Unplug power from your ATV120

2. Using a toothpick or small needle/pin, put it into the reset hole, and you should feel and hear a button click in, keep holding this

3. Now plugging in the power while still holding the reset button, hold down this button while the power is on for 30 seconds, it should now take you into a recovery screen.

4. Using your remote go to Wipe/Factory reset, and then click yes. Once this is done it will take you back to the main recovery screen

5. You can now click, Reboot System now

6. It will reboot and go through the installation process, however it should now go through all the steps, and once done will take you to the Welcome Screen.

Let me know if this works for you.

Yes this worked thanks. Not sure what happened but what matters is that it is working.

Ok good to hear