boyito

Hardware Decoder needed for PadTV HD App

I'v recently bought a PadTV HD for my android tablet. HD Channels stutters and run very very slowly. I believe the application is not optimized and does not use any hardware decoder. I am currently on PadTV HD 2.1.7. I tried 2.1.3 which seems to have hardware decoder on and off but. Pressing it doesn't make any differences.

P.S I currently tried my friend's AverTV Mobile EW510 and the AverTV II android application comes with a hardware decoder on/off option. Playback runs very smoothly on my device.

Please update PadTV HD that fully use hardware acceleration.

Thanks and awiting for your reply

I'v recently bought a PadTV HD for my android tablet. HD Channels stutters and run very very slowly. I believe the application is not optimized and does not use any hardware decoder. I am currently on PadTV HD 2.1.7. I tried 2.1.3 which seems to have hardware decoder on and off but. Pressing it doesn't make any differences.

P.S I currently tried my friend's AverTV Mobile EW510 and the AverTV II android application comes with a hardware decoder on/off option. Playback runs very smoothly on my device.

Please update PadTV HD that fully use hardware acceleration.

Thanks and awiting for your reply

Please write this as a review on the PAD TV App that is available on the Google Play Store.

I will forward this to the engineer that handles the PAD TV software, but they also respond to the reviews on the Google Play Store as well.

Hi,

Can you provide any update on this?

I have submitted a Play Store review asking for hardware decoding, or to fix the Video/Audio sync problem.

I have also sent an email to the padtvdev gmail email address, but no response from either.

Thanks,

E

Hi,

Can you provide any update on this?

I have submitted a Play Store review asking for hardware decoding, or to fix the Video/Audio sync problem.

I have also sent an email to the padtvdev gmail email address, but no response from either.

Thanks,

E

You can email support@mygica.com for this

They always respond

I have this product as well, and notice it works well on my Huawei phone, but I have the same issues as you on a Samsung S5

Email sent, but no reply or even acknowledgement...

Anyone have the full source code of the App, so I can try to fix the sync issue at least?

Anyone have the full source code of the App, so I can try to fix the sync issue at least?

Source code you wont find.

As the app was made by the manufacturer, they have no plans to release the source code for this.

We never carried the ATSC Version of PADTV mainly because it was just not stable enough.

1. Signal strength for ATSC is just not strong enough to work properly all the time in most areas for devices using a small antenna. DVB-T/T2 and ISDB-T in other countries and continents around the world do not have this issue.

2. It has a hard time working on all Android Devices. Since ATSC channels broadcast there audio in AC-3/Dolby, not all Android devices can support this properly. That is why you have issue with out of sync etc.

Also if you want, re send the same email but CC me on it

support@mygica.tv

I will push them to respond

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to let you know, I am using the DVB-T2 version in Ireland, not the ATSC version. This is the only forum I was able to find for the product.

But I still have video/audio issues running on an Xperia SP and an Xperia C4 (1.7Ghz Octo-core).

On the SP, the issue is very bad on HD channels.

Both are connected into my main house aerial, so signal is perfect.

The issue is with the software/decoder.

I am happy to test out any Beta versions.

Thanks,

E

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to let you know, I am using the DVB-T2 version in Ireland, not the ATSC version. This is the only forum I was able to find for the product.

But I still have video/audio issues running on an Xperia SP and an Xperia C4 (1.7Ghz Octo-core).

Thanks,

E

Ok well I know from using PAD TV ATSC version on about 6 different Android Phones, that I had mixed results on all of them

Some worked great, while others were very similar issues to what your having. More then 90% of the channels in my area are all HD.

I do not have any beta files for PAD TV, since I am not really involved with this product. Since I mainly handle North America, and we do not sell this in North America.

I would suggest emailing to the address's I suggested, to see what can be done

Thanks

It's been 8 months since I posted this thread. Any updates on the hardware acceleration? For your information, i did get a respond from support@mygica.tv saying that they aren't looking at this item. Therefore they haven't a clue on the progress of the hardware acceleration development.

Hi johnbell1, please confirm me:

Pad TV Tuner device model? 

Step of your update?

you use our Pad TV Tuner on pad or smart phone, what's model?

I use xperia Z5P, recently update to android 7, look like this PADTVHD not support android 7, when i downgrade back to android 6  is no problem can watch tv channel. support please update to support android 7

It's MyGica DVB-T2 as attached picture. I think alot of people are needing Hardware Acceleration because low end smartphone is not capable of decoding HD channels using software.

Please develop one with Hardware Acceleration

20150312175405vl6sj4k.jpg

So, is there any plan to implement hardware decoder in the PadTV HD? I bought it for a year now and haven't used it at all. The spec says it requires NEON processor to play HD Channels. Well, without Hardware decoder, the software is not making use of the NEON. Hence, it decodes using software (CPU) and stutters badly. Help.

Thank you for your feedback.

We will send your suggestions to our techs for further development, hope you can wait patiently.

On 2017-5-2 at 11:45 AM, boyito said:

So, is there any plan to implement hardware decoder in the PadTV HD? I bought it for a year now and haven't used it at all. The spec says it requires NEON processor to play HD Channels. Well, without Hardware decoder, the software is not making use of the NEON. Hence, it decodes using software (CPU) and stutters badly. Help.

Hello everyone, my problem is the same with Padtv HD, communicate with the development team but my English is bad, please help me to keep insisting email: support@geniatech.com, the geniatech company is the original manufacturer in China.

Atte,

Alfred

On 2016-5-30 at 7:50 AM, eoink said:

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks,

E

Hello everyone, my problem is the same with Padtv HD, communicate with the development team but my English is bad, please help me to keep insisting email: support@geniatech.com, the geniatech company is the original manufacturer in China.

Atte,

Alfred

ZXL is our moderator for Pad TV, Capture devices and TV Tuners.
Who works closely with Geniatech in China

ZXL mentioned in a post on May 9th, that all of the posts made here would be passed along.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

ZXL es nuestro moderador para Bloc de TV, dispositivos de captura y sintonizadores de TV.
Que trabaja en estrecha colaboración con Geniatech en China

ZXL mencionado en una publicación el 9 de mayo, que todos los mensajes publicados aquí sería trasladado.

Mr. Justin, very close to meeting the month and we have no solution, you need a person who is committed to the solution to the problem.

On 2017-5-9 at 9:48 PM, zxl said:

Gracias por tus comentarios.

Vamos a enviar sus sugerencias a nuestros técnicos para el desarrollo futuro, esperamos que usted pueda esperar pacientemente.

Mr. ZXL, very close to meeting the month and we have no solution, you need a person who is committed to the solution to the problem.

The solution is simple, hardware acceleration is necessary

18 hours ago, livisi15 said:

Mr. ZXL, very close to meeting the month and we have no solution, you need a person who is committed to the solution to the problem.

The solution is simple, hardware acceleration is necessary

I understand that it is very important

I will reach out to our guys about this myself

Please note ZXL moderates these sections because he is more familiar with these products.
The PAD TV is not even sold in North America by us, so therefore it is very hard for myself to support it.