Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larrysz92

Been having lots of issues trying to upgrade the system

I was on Kodi 14.2 and now wanted to upgrade to 16.0 Jarvis

I downloaded the files off of Kodi.com/download for android ARM

Loaded all the files onto a microSD card Lexon 8GB

Reset the mygica

Now stuck on the android recovery screen and can't get out of it.

When I try to load the file, I get a message "footer is wrong, signature verification required"

Is this the proper way to update Kodi??? I am really confused on what I should do next

Thanks

image.jpeg.4b2622a9aab70d6ee68b28397dab12a9.jpeg

Wow, all I can say is wow.

The screen that you are in is only used to upgrade the Android operating system to another version of software than what it currently has. For example going from Android 4.2 2 Android 5. 0

All you needed to do to " factory reset" your box back to what it was when you first bought it was to go under settings in Android , then to more settings, then to advanced, and then you should have a black screen with white words down the left hand side. Way down on the left on the bottom is factory reset. This in effect cleans out your box and reinstalls every app and add on that originally came with the box.

The reason why I'm mentioning the settings. more settings, advanced, is because that is where you go to look for your apps and uninstall Kodi 14 2. I say this because you can't install Kodi 16 0 over any Kodi that is already there.

After uninstalling Kodi 14 2 you should have then gone to your main Android page and run app installer and then simply looked on your SD card for the new Kodi and installed it from there. The whole process should have taken no more than 5 minutes.

You should still be able to "reboot system now" because what you are in effect doing is trying to install whatever is on the SD card as your operating system, which is not going to work with Kodi. Hopefully you didn't mix anything up yet.

I think I have to install the andriod system first then update the kodi? Where do I find the files to install for the andriod?

Thanks

I have an ATV582

We have an update out for 1800/582/380

Will be sent by OTA Next week

For those of you wanting to try it for now

we are going to online update following FW

FW:update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img

https://mega.nz/#!KAlQgYCT!CW79YytuZAY9 ... zuas9p8eS4

here is update list

1. Solved HDMI black issue

2. solved kodi black issue under 480i with RCA output

3. update to kodi 16.0( you should set factroy reset to get FRESH new kodi 16.0, If you want save your current kodi setting and add ons. pls go to playstore and choose update)

4. Added Power Button and Memory Cleaner button to the Home Screen of Android Menu.