Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vorobjovhome

Remix OS on ATV1800E

Hello, Justin.

You planned make Remix OS firmware for ATV1800E ?

Sorry not sure what this is?

Can you share a link with more info?

Hello, Justin.

You planned make Remix OS firmware for ATV1800E ?

I checked out your links and this is very interesting.... this OS on the 1800e would be amazing! I'm going to try out the PC version.

FBN

Well I tried it out the PC version on my old HP Mini 110 netbook and I'm now running Android 5.1.1 ! In fact I'm typing this on it right now. I installed a bunch of apps including Kodi and Netflix and they are working perfectly! I have a $5 bluetooth dongle kicking around and installed it and was able to pair it to a mouse.... This is very impressive. Everything on this little HP running an Intel Atom processor (single core) is working fine, including the WiFi. I should also mention that I installed it on a SD card and not the hard drive and the speed is still really good.

Would be nice if it could be adapted for use on the 1800 or 1900?

FBN

I actually saw this OS while I was in China last week.

It does look cool since it allows Multi Window. Which is a feature you will see in Android 7.

One of the main guys behind Remix OS actually used to work for Google.

They have contacted us already after I looked into it and asked around internally.

We do not plan to use it right now, since the requirements they have given us to work with them do not meet our standards.