Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Binx

KODI Audio Settings

Not sure if it' my set-up in KODI or I have a MyGica problem. From the main Home Screen menu I can select Netflix and I get my 5.1 surround sound working. I use the HDMI output from my 1900 to my Surround multi-channel amp. All channels work where the output program calls for them, BUT - when I go into KODI and select Audio settings and choose 5.1, Fixed etc. the box hangs. What is the trick to getting Fixed sound with 5.1 channels?

From KODI if I try Pass Through it hangs. If I select Stereo Upmix it hangs. If I select Output configuration it hangs. So basically I can't change any of the audio settings when I use the 5.1 speaker configuration.

I have gone into the 1900 Audio settings and selected HDMI as the source since that is how the 5.1 amp gets it's sound source.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here that would be great.

Weird, I can't get my Netflix to get 5.1 but I can get my Kodi too...

With Passthrough enabled, in Kodi - I have 5.1, and if I locally stream, TrueHD, MA etc and the hiss occurs, a press of the volume down button then back up fixes it.

On any internet streaming apps, the output is low until I do the same thing.

In my experience, this is due to the codec flags not being correctly sent or incorrect EDID - * moderators, this is for you!!

We are aware of the HDMI Passthrough issues with 5.1 audio on the 1900

We cannot fix it on Android 5.0

You can get it to work if you use Android 4.4

Which can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=173&t=4219

This should be fixed on our update to Android 5.1 though

Also the Netflix Android app does not support 5.1 Audio, as they have no support for it on Android.

Justin when is the 5.1 version coming out? This is ridiculous for so long that I am waiting for the update so that I can use pass-through on Kodi and not get that hiss and be able to take advantage of my Marantz receiver doing the decoding.

Also I cannot count the many many many X 1,000,000 times the box freezes in YouTube and I have to pull out the power plug and put it back in. Actually its happened also in Kodi. The power adapter with the amount of times I have had to pull it out and put back in (I know sounds funny) I am surprised its not broken by now!

I was told I will have an updated beta of 5.1 on Tues or Wed of next week

It is also supposed to have something working on it that everyone has been asking for.

I wont say what, since I need to confirm it works for myself before I release it lol

I was told I will have an updated beta of 5.1 on Tues or Wed of next week

It is also supposed to have something working on it that everyone has been asking for.

I wont say what, since I need to confirm it works for myself before I release it lol

Agh, you shouldn't tease us like that Justin :lol::lol::lol:

Looking forward to seeing what might be coming down the line, in the meantime have a great long weekend everyone and remember to shut the box off and get outside and enjoy the weather!