Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warior

App for my iPhone

You can always use XBMC remote from Apples app store. However this only controls what you do in XBMC

As for a full control remote that works for IOS, this is certainly possible, however not by our current engineers

We have looked into making an app like this using private developers, however the cost is to much, and the time frame is about 2-3 months.

Also this app would have to be submitted for approval to be available on the Apple apps store, since you can only download apps from there app store, unless your device is jailbroken, that's the big advantage Android has over IOS since anyone can make apps available for Android without it even being available on the Play Store.

This is something we are still interested in doing for both IOS and Android, however will take some time and enough demand to justify funding something like this.

For now there is the Remote IME app available for Android devices which give you full control of your Android box.

Thanks for the elaborate explanation, I understand the limitations from your side.

No problem

For now a project like this has been shelved for us due to other projects taking up a lot of our time right now.

Any plans to have a remote app that will make use of the IR blasters in some phones (like my s6?)? I'm trying to get away from having to use 2 remotes (one to turn on my 582, then my airmouse remote to navigate), or a remote (again to turn it on) and an app to navigate (at that point, why not just keep using the remote?). I just want to turn it on with my phone, is that too much to ask? lol

I have tried Peel since it came preinstalled on my phone. I can't find a Geniatech, nor MyGica under the brand listing. I did submit a request for them to add support.

(Did I just miss where it is listed? I checked under streaming devices)

I downloaded/trial and errored about 5 different remote apps. Sure Universal Remote app is the only one I have found that actually works to power on my box. But the interface for the remote itself leaves a lot to be desired when using it to control the box though. Ideally I'd love an actual MyGica app/epk that would allow me to control it all (power on/off and be able to control/navigate Kodi & Netflix.)

At least now I only have to toggle between two apps (Sure to power on and select Kodi, the. Kore when in Kodi). I'd much prefer one-stop shopping though if at all possible.

An airmouse remote is still the way to go for Netflix though. Otherwise it's a nightmare.

If you are in the USA

They have the Google TV Remote on the Apple App Store, which works also.

Just for some reason they don't make it available on the Canadian Store.

Mark has tried it here and it works on his Iphone.