Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just down load the new firmware file for the ATV 1900ac but the SD card back in the box and file on card will not down load to box?

If your using the UPGRADE app and using MANUAL UPDATE

Press the 3 lined button on your remote 10+ times in this menu. The file should then appear so you will be able to install it from here

This thing was not supposed to do a factory reset... Well... It did.

I clicked 10 times on the 3 bars. Selected the update. Froze during the update.

(wireframe spinning box stopped... Left it there for an hour) Then I pulled the plug.

Box rebooted back in installation mode and wiped everything out. All my apps and tweaks are gone.

:shock::shock::shock::cry:

You're going to hate me asking this (and I also read your other thread) but, I it really so bad if your box reset?

Most of your apps are in your Google play store (unless you side-loaded an apk or three) and if you're like me your Kodi has been backed up weekly, so it's not a total fail.

I've be set up 30-50 boxes or so and yes it's a pita to put in trakt, IMDb, and other accounts but it's not the and of the world. That being said, I definely agree with you that a comment from a Mod that "this will not factory reset your box" means exactly that...

You're going to hate me asking this (and I also red your other thread) but, I it really so bad if your box reset?

Oh I don't hate you for it. But I consider factory reset as a pain in the arse. Although this 1900 had barely half of what I usually put on my other Android devices. I couldn't root it properly to install xposed and modules with it.

Not to mention all apps that will not install on it (nice "not compatible with this device" on the playstore).

One of my mistake was to forget to relocate the Nova Launcher backup files to my external SD. So I lost all my interface tweaks.

The 1900 out of the box setup is so unreliable to begin... As you say. It might not be such a bad idea to end up with a factory reset.

I didn't realize that the 1900 had such major incompatibility issues with Play Store. Kind of reminds me of a Google Nexus Player I set up a few months ago. Having to side load apk's that are supposedly incompatible (PIA vpn was one example) but actually work well.

I still have issues with an Android box at a price point that is stepping into mini PC or netbooks territory. Simply get a Windoze machine and run Remix and voilĂ , an android box.

Has anybody had a positive experience with this latest fw? I see it has been downloaded over 80 times so I would be interested to know if anyone has had success, as I'm sure Justin and the other mods want to know too. I personally am not "testing" this until we see some positive results.

Gica4ever, while it wiped the unit clean (which I get how frustrating that would be), is the unit at least now stable?

Anybody have anything good to comment on?

Gica4ever, while it wiped the unit clean (which I get how frustrating that would be), is the unit at least now stable?

So far it`s stable yes... :-)