Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKwan

No audio when playing media files

I just purchased the 1800e last nite and I seem to have no audio when I played media files. I've set the audio to HDMI Pass thru. Wondering what may be wrong, thanks.

which version KODI are you using? we suggest using the latest version from the google playstore.

please also make sure your using the latest firmware viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4380 . if you have problems installing you can watch step by step youtube videos.

ok, I updated to Jarvis, v16.1. I somewhat have audio - however, I wished that I didn't. The audio is so choppy it is sickening. I can see my surround light fade in and out, I guess this is why the audio becomes choppy?

hmm, ok, I also updated to the latest firmware as pointed out by Nick. I now have continuous sound, however, only in stereo not surround. Since I updated to the latest firmware, some of the options are no longer there (there were PassThru options before in Jarvis). Is this why I only have stereo and no surround? After the firmware update, I also updated Jarvis to v16.1 and still no PassThru options.

ok, after googling for a while, I found the location to expose the PassThru. My audio is now working, thanks for the help, Nick.