admin1477960187

MyGica ATV1200 latest firmware

One more experiment with Mygica ATV1200: In one of he most important apps for me (video streaming app) playback was not perfectly smooth (audio/video stuttering for about 1 sec every 3-5 minutes). I tried various build.prop configs (disabled/enabled video related settings) but nothing worked.

I flashed about 20 firmwares to my box (also Android 4.2) and one of them worked really great - Android 4.1 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/andro ... 130326.zip). Video playback in the app now was smooth, also other things in my box worked ok (hw video acceleration, XBMC, remote controle settings etc.) but there was one small problem - i can connect to internet only with cable because wifi was not working (drivers?).

Thats how i solved wifi problem:

1. Extracted original firmware with working wifi (for example 20130805: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/andro ... 05_eng.zip)

2. Changed boot.img and logo.img with same files from firmware 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/andro ... 130326.zip)

3. Created zip archive and signed it with APK-Multi-Toolv1.0.11.zip (useful info about this here: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=119).

Then i flashed this modified firmware to my box and everything (also wifi) now is working ok. About SPI: i didn't touch the spi, only flashed new firmware. Spi on my box is 20130805.

I dont know why but older version of boot.img (kernel?) for me works better than new kernels(?). If we talking about older firmwares and wifi i can say that for my box wifi is only working from Android 4.1 version 20130805 - something related to wifi is missing in older firmwares.

When I go to upgrade it shows that there is no file on my usb and on a SD card. Can you help?

In the local update part of the upgrade app.

Hit the 3 lined context menu button on the remote 10+ times. The IMG file will appear.

Could I just use the single zip file Justin posted in this topic:

http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1690&sid=a4d763b7c0a95d51603c26e009a1b98c

to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2? Or I have to use these two files for the upgrade?

Depends which remote you have with your box, that is why there is a difference KR34 is the little remote and KR60 is the bigger remote

that is difference with files, but still you need one file loading

Hi,

I have 3 MyGica 1200 boxes.

One of the boxes had not been updated from my original purchase. So I attempted to update it from the original MyGica 1200 firmware - used the old upgrade files that I had stored on my SD card and hid the new ones updating and including the Kodi software. That seems to have gone okay.

Then, I hid the old upgrade files on my SD card and made the newest files visible (i.e. not in a folder). However, when I tried to upgrade locally, I could not see the files, even though they were there when I looked on my PC. Then I checked MyGica and it said the current version was 4.2 - but I hadn't applied that upgrade. And I could still see XBMC on the Home Screen. I did a hard reset and tried to install the update from there, but again, it couldn't see anything.

At this point, I'm thinking I should do a factory reset and start all over again?

However, when I try to find the original upgrade files here for upgrading to 4.1, the link doesn't work - in fact none of them do, even though I'm logged into the forum.

Can you please help me? I don't have the files that I originally downloaded, because I thought the problem could stem from my SD card so I reformatted it.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Nina

Hello; I have a bricked ATV1200 tried going form 4.1 to 4.2 now just the red light, I have the SD card boot card maker and I know which two pins to bridge, but I need the files to go on the SD card, can anyone help me with the necessary files...HELP

I will put new unbricking files up in the downloads section by the end of the month

I gotta wait for our guys to come back from Chinese New Years on Feb 18th or so.

I was hoping to see the unbricking ATV1200 files posted by now, or at least an ETA, meanwhile I still have a atv1200 that is no good for nothing, if you are not going to or can not post these files, at least say so, and I will look elsewhere.

Justin; I can't believe you can't even offer an explanation why you do not post what you PROMISED TO POST, at least post a week excuse...something, not very good support, maybe they fired you, wouldn't surprise me

Justin; I can't believe you can't even offer an explanation why you do not post what you PROMISED TO POST, at least post a week excuse...something, not very good support, maybe they fired you, wouldn't surprise me

Sorry but I have looked on 3 different PCs for these files

And cannot find them

Please email support@mygica.com and cc me on it, support@mygica.tv

They will send you the files to try and unbrick.

Please note there is no guarantee this will fix your bricked box though.

Hey Justin I have an old 1200 with android 4.1.2 and I need update files but the links here are dead can you post the files for me?

thanx

Javier

Download the ATV 1200 KR34 Files restore files from here

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

duel core video;

of course with models atv 400 and atv520e have their reset buttons on the bottom.

Hi,

I also have old 4.1 my gica 1200. I tried to download firmware but there is nothing in one drive. can someone give me firmware? Thanx.

Marko

I updated the link

Go here

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

This link is 4.2 firmware. Can you post link 4.1 fw? Thanks

Sorry but we do not have 4.1 firmware

We switched to 4.2 over 2 years ago.

I'm using ATV1200 with 4.1.2 (Kernel 3.0.8 and Build number is V1.03.04).

1. Can I upgrade it to 4.2.2? If not, can you send me link for firmware 4.1.2?

2. These days I can not go to GooglePlay (although I clear Data/Cache of GooglePlay but this issue can not be fix). How can resolve this?

Thanks.

Regards,