Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKwan

KODI buffering

I have the model 1800, lately I am having problem with the KODI buffering, this makes watching really annoying. I don't recall having this issue before, so I don't know what may be causing it. I am connecting using wifi watching 720p movies. I tried clearing the memory and rebooting and it is still happening.

I have the model 1800, lately I am having problem with the KODI buffering, this makes watching really annoying. I don't recall having this issue before, so I don't know what may be causing it. I am connecting using wifi watching 720p movies. I tried clearing the memory and rebooting and it is still happening.

Happens with every source you are using?

Sometimes trying different sources to stream from helps.

Since the ones you are trying are giving you issues, might have their servers overloaded.

Sorry to reply so late, I was on vacation :-).

Yes, the buffering happens to all media. However, if I were to watch an animated movie, this occurs less than watching real actors movies.

Sorry to reply so late, I was on vacation :-).

Yes, the buffering happens to all media. However, if I were to watch an animated movie, this occurs less than watching real actors movies.

Try changing Wifi Channel numbers in your routers settings

Well, I specified using Channel 11 (instead of AUTO), the buffering still occurs, however, it is less. I may switch it to another channel to see if this helps more.

Well, I specified using Channel 11 (instead of AUTO), the buffering still occurs, however, it is less. I may switch it to another channel to see if this helps more.

Try something between 1-8

I've tried changing channels and it makes zero difference. I really am starting to think this product just doesn't do what it is said it should do! I've spent a lot of money On this, it's brand new and its shit! 

9 hours ago, SB444 said:

I've tried changing channels and it makes zero difference. I really am starting to think this product just doesn't do what it is said it should do! I've spent a lot of money On this, it's brand new and its shit! 

i feel ya here bro. i had the same issues a while back. how i corrected it was first i upgraded my  internet speed from my provider. i was at 30mbs . now im at 150. aswell i looked at how many things i had that were  taxing/ on my wifi. i had 3 tabs 5 cell fones and 4 tvs n 2 comps all on the wifi.. wich slowed the sys big time. since jus the speed upgrade.. it was night n day better but as i turned each of the other items off the wifi the buffering got less an less so more of a dedicated net conection to the box vers everything online n bogging it down. give that a try n see if it helps.. good luck