Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lazybonesjones

Wifi says it's connected but won't work

Hi,

I've tried searching for the answers to my problem but have not been able to find anything. I have a MyGica ATV1200 that up until recently has been working fine. Now it will say it's connected to wifi in settings, but the wireless symbol shows flashing up and down arrows in it and nothing that requires internet connection will work.

I have tried a factory reset on the box twice with no results. I'm really not sure what else to do. I'm not great at tech stuff either. If anyone could help me that would be fantastic.

Thanks

edited to include that the internet is working on my phone, laptop and tablet, all are connected to the wireless and can go online with no problems. The My box is also running the latest firmware and using Kodi.

Hi,

I've tried searching for the answers to my problem but have not been able to find anything. I have a MyGica ATV1200 that up until recently has been working fine. Now it will say it's connected to wifi in settings, but the wireless symbol shows flashing up and down arrows in it and nothing that requires internet connection will work.

I have tried a factory reset on the box twice with no results. I'm really not sure what else to do. I'm not great at tech stuff either. If anyone could help me that would be fantastic.

Thanks

edited to include that the internet is working on my phone, laptop and tablet, all are connected to the wireless and can go online with no problems. The My box is also running the latest firmware and using Kodi.

Did you change routers or modems recently?

Nope, same ones I had when we got the box. I tried reseting the modem but that didn't seem to help either.

Are you able to try Wifi Hot-Spotting your cell phone to see if it will connect to that?

Just want to rule out something first.

Well it randomly started working again, but now I get a pop up saying that process.android.acore has stopped.

Edit: followed a previous thread and disabled the Contacts storage, the pop up seems to be gone. I'm still having trouble with Kodi, it's very very slow and I have yet to get a video to load. Netflix has the same issue, it won't even connect to start up. I can go on the browser though and that seems to work just fine.

Well it randomly started working again, but now I get a pop up saying that process.android.acore has stopped.

Edit: followed a previous thread and disabled the Contacts storage, the pop up seems to be gone. I'm still having trouble with Kodi, it's very very slow and I have yet to get a video to load. Netflix has the same issue, it won't even connect to start up. I can go on the browser though and that seems to work just fine.

Netflix app is probably outdated

Login to the Google Play Store to take the latest update for Netflix.

What version of Kodi are you using? 16.1?

@Justin

I might be wrong, but I didn't think that the 1200 could run 16.1. if I'm wrong I'll happily apologise and pull my 1200 out of hibernation.

I'm not sure what version of Kodi, I think 14.1. Whichever version came with the box update on the my gica site?

I'm ready to throw this thing at the wall. Seemed like it was working but now it's not. Nothing will load. Netflix I got to work, but most of the video icons don't load, and when I click on a movie it just spins around forever and stops, never starts the movie or goes to the screen that tells you more info about the movie.

I hope I'm making sense.

I've tried resetting and restarting several times. I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm not sure what version of Kodi, I think 14.1. Whichever version came with the box update on the my gica site?

I'm ready to throw this thing at the wall. Seemed like it was working but now it's not. Nothing will load. Netflix I got to work, but most of the video icons don't load, and when I click on a movie it just spins around forever and stops, never starts the movie or goes to the screen that tells you more info about the movie.

I hope I'm making sense.

I've tried resetting and restarting several times. I'm not sure what else to do.

Is the app icon for Netflix look like whats on this page?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ient&hl=en

It would if you took the latest Netflix update from the Playstore

Also 14.1 is very old and needs to be updated.

You have to follow the steps below

#2.6 then #1.1 from this page

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_for_Android

**Edited sorry I posted wrong link before**

To be updated to the latest version of KODI which is 16.1

Please note you will have to re-setup KODI after this.

Sorry but the last Firmware update we released for the 1200 is a few years old, so all of the apps must be updated.

Majority of them can be updated via the Play Store.

@Justin

Not sure if you meant to, but both links you provided were for Netflix. So 16.1 (or 16.2) will work on the 1200? I may have to dust my ol' 1200 1 gig/4 gig off...

@Justin

Not sure if you meant to, but both links you provided were for Netflix. So 16.1 (or 16.2) will work on the 1200? I may have to dust my ol' 1200 1 gig/4 gig off...

I just fixed the link, thanks for the heads up

And yes 16.1 will work on the 1200 for sure.