Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spottedcat

When can we expect an upgrade on KODI and/or Android?

Like so many other users with reasonable expectations and hopes .... the big mystery and question and long time overdue according to the dates issues have been posted, is when can we as MyGica users expect an Android and/or KODI upgrade .... even better upgrades on both although it appears that the Android upgrade will lead to a KODI upgrade ...?

I'm using various Video Addons within KODI that has been hailed as the best or better Addons, some have been "revived lately" with newly or restored links ..... however it appears to be limited to a Windows platform (i.e. desktop pc and laptop both Win 10 64-bit) .... implementing these same Addons on Mygica is currently a waste as probably 80% + of the links that work on Windows do not work on MyGica .... a few will give an error message, the majority will get to the loading stage and just "die" :oops:

The audio errors have already been well documented/raised in this forum, it is an utter frustration at this point in time. In this day and age dealing with HDMI pass-thru to a proper receiver/amp should be a none-issue ...

Like so many other users have posted, my almost 10 year old WD Live TV Media Hub as far as playing downloaded high bit rate video and audio streams, runs circles around the MyGica .... wish I could get open web/internet access on it, unfortunately no support or workaround for it....

How new of a Kodi do you want to have? I've been running Jarvis 16.1 on my "old" 1200 for a bit now. Krypton is still beta 3. The 380/482 is up to 5.1 lollipop now (don't expect marshmallow anytime soon, if ever) and I see no discernible difference between my of my android boxes and my laptops.