MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

22 hours ago, postak05 said:

Is KR-32 remote supported? Today I installed some 5.1 firmware (not sure exactly which version), but I can "Power on" this unit only - no other buttons working.  KR-32 with old "4.4.2" firmware was working fine... (I am sure its not box / remote problem)

Edit: If not supported, which firmware (4.4.2) should I download to restore KR-32 remote support?

Please provide more details of your situation.

Was it this firmware from this forum?

What unit do you have?

Where and when did you purchase this unit?

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

Hello, 

Surely something is wrong with the unit. Have you tried having it replaced under warranty yet?

Hello,

I can not send it back to the store where because I bought it in another country,  shipping cost makes it impossible.
I do not know the MyGica position about replacements, I did contact by private messages, I was asked where I bought the unit, after my answer there was no return from MyGica/Forum guy Justin.

25 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Hello,

I can not send it back to the store where because I bought it in another country,  shipping cost makes it impossible.
I do not know the MyGica position about replacements, I did contact by private messages, I was asked where I bought the unit, after my answer there was no return from MyGica/Forum guy Justin.

luciano,

I guess we are missing part of the picture here then in trying to help. You bought this unit in a different country and cannot return it, but you mention how disappointed in our company you are.

What is it that we have done that is upsetting to you? we are happy to try and help fix something regardless of where you purchased this device. If you are in north america and purchased the device elsewhere, this creates obvious problems for returning the product.

Where did you purchase this device from?

How long ago did you buy it?

Where are you located?

24 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

luciano,

I guess we are missing part of the picture here then in trying to help. You bought this unit in a different country and cannot return it, but you mention how disappointed in our company you are.

What is it that we have done that is upsetting to you? we are happy to try and help fix something regardless of where you purchased this device. If you are in north america and purchased the device elsewhere, this creates obvious problems for returning the product.

Where did you purchase this device from?

How long ago did you buy it?

Where are you located?

Hi, 
I am disappointed first because that I have encountered too many issues with a product that is not cheap for such bugs, then for finding other posts here asking for help without answers or attention,  sometimes people recommends me to go buy something else and quit from MyGica...

well, I'm in Brazil and bought the unit during a tourism trip in Paraguay last May as follows:

Product Model: MyGica ATV1900AC - SN: MV190015080309

Buy Date: May 03, 2016

Place: Victoria Store

Av. Adrián Jara, Shopping Internacional 3 Piso Salón 7,8 y 9

Edificio Miguelito, Ciudad Del Este - PY

+595 61 508.313

+595 61 501.783

http://www.victoriastore.com.py/
http://www.victoriastore.com.py/eletronicos/mygica-atv1900ac-media-player-android.html

Edited by Luciano

4 hours ago, Luciano said:

Hi, 
I am disappointed first because that I have encountered too many issues with a product that is not cheap for such bugs, then for finding other posts here asking for help without answers or attention,  sometimes people recommends me to go buy something else and quit from MyGica...

well, I'm in Brazil and bought the unit during a tourism trip in Paraguay last May as follows:

Product Model: MyGica ATV1900AC - SN: MV190015080309

Buy Date: May 03, 2016

Place: Victoria Store

Av. Adrián Jara, Shopping Internacional 3 Piso Salón 7,8 y 9

Edificio Miguelito, Ciudad Del Este - PY

+595 61 508.313

+595 61 501.783

http://www.victoriastore.com.py/
http://www.victoriastore.com.py/eletronicos/mygica-atv1900ac-media-player-android.html

While we are happy to help, the shipping alone on this situation is going to cost a lot of money.

As you have spent some time in our forums, you can see that there were some problems with the 1900's that we have since fixed the majority of issues with this update. Your problem however, seems like it may be hardware related, and is very rare. 

While I understand that this is hearsay at this point, buying electronics overseas or from foreign countries is always not recommended. I purchased an iPhone in the USA and brought it to China while living there for awhile and ran into the same problems that you are.

As for what can be done now, if you think that the issue is most likely related to the power pin and you likely won't be sending it overseas for repair, you can try opening it up and soldering the points of the power pin to the board.

The pin being loose is usually related to an impact onto the power pin which dislodges the soldering points from the board. If you are feeling adventurous about trying this, PM me and we can go through it together and I can try to help.

• Like 1

Anyone else has WiFi dropping with 5.1.1?

Should I disable wired network in the config if using WiFi?

21 hours ago, gica4ever said:

5.1 Installed on my 1900AC

WiFi Keeps dropping.

Also, I can't get rid of the lower keyboard screen when I have a remote or USB connected. The best is a BAR that say to use your keyboard on your device...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Please provide more details of your situation.

Was it this firmware from this forum?

What unit do you have?

Where and when did you purchase this unit?

Dear support, first to your questions.

- I got this unit from my friend and he cant remember where he bought it (SN is MS0505715340319 - read from android system)

- I used latest 5.1 firmware from first post of this thread (used factory_restore.rar)

- Unit should be MyGica 1900AC

More details going on:

Yesterday I tried to reflash my unit with Kitkat (4.4) image from this forum (4.4 ATV 1900AC.zip). Remote was not working at all, so I decided to search info on internet. I found modified file remote.conf, so now my box is on 4.4 (+ OTA upgrade) with working remote (but also with some "standby/power on" bug - box will not wake up after standby). I tried to reflash 5.1 again, but now there's no ETH0 interface in system. In 4.4 ethernet is working fine, so it is not hardware problem...

Thanks

What's going on with the new firmware Nov 23.  This new firmware cuts off half the cpu cores in Kodi.  I've tried every firmware file and Kodi shows up with 4 cpu cores but not this one.  Why is that?  Is that why my 1900AC is lagging so badly on startup and buffering during video playback on movies from the internet?  Is there an updated video driver that needs to be installed for the mali gpu?  So disappointed spending so much money on this crap.

On 12/2/2016 at 6:14 PM, kopraasbotha said:

When can we expect the rooted firmware ?

Dear MyGica Support,

When can we expect the latest firmware to be rooted (or a root tool)? This box is useless to me without it. I'm currently on N-1

Thanking you in advance,

kopraasbotha

1 hour ago, kopraasbotha said:

Dear MyGica Support,

When can we expect the latest firmware to be rooted (or a root tool)? This box is useless to me without it. I'm currently on N-1

Thanking you in advance,

kopraasbotha

root exist for 5.1 like IMG file - manual update (update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_root_patch.img)

2 hours ago, postak05 said:

root exist for 5.1 like IMG file - manual update (update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_root_patch.img)

Well, this is great news. Kindly share this patch with us all. Much obliged.

On 11/28/2016 at 9:41 AM, BlueThunder said:

I installed the firmware using the factory restore method with no issues. I was disappointed to see that it was not pre rooted every MyGica I have ever set up for a client of mine has been rooted from the factory. There are some apps that I run that require root access. Other then that the CPU is set to hot plug and there is no need as hotplug stops cpus cores to save battery life and seeing as this is on a power brick 24/7 it draws the same amount of power if its on or off or even if the unit is unpluged from the barrel connection its not a good choice. Performance setting gives access to all cpu cores and a better user experience with the draw back of battery life and thats a non point as its a plug in box. can you send out a patch for both Root and change the CPU Scaling Governor to Performance.

Thank you for your progress so far

Here is 1900AC/1800E - 5.1 Root patch

It can just be installed using the Upgrade App from USB or SD

Sorry we removed root because lots of apps do not work on rooted devices.

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_root_patch.img

19 hours ago, madmitch said:

What's going on with the new firmware Nov 23.  This new firmware cuts off half the cpu cores in Kodi.  I've tried every firmware file and Kodi shows up with 4 cpu cores but not this one.  Why is that?  Is that why my 1900AC is lagging so badly on startup and buffering during video playback on movies from the internet?  Is there an updated video driver that needs to be installed for the mali gpu?  So disappointed spending so much money on this crap.

I do believe because they are using a custom kernel, it turns cores on/off as needed. One time I checked, I saw CPU 0 and 1. Another reboot later, 0 and 3. I loaded CPU-Z to check that Android did see all the codes, which it saw 4, 3 were stopped, since the system was idle. If you run a few apps and switch back to it, it will show multiple running and you'll see them stop.

FYI I'm running this on an 1800E which CPU-Z also reported it as a 1900 and said it had root access, which I never ran the root patch.

Had issues with the remote and it not turning back on or off properly, but after a full reboot and unplugging the USB and plugging it back, it seems better!

I haven't seen a lot of people with 1800e posting about this upgrade. Is this firmware stable on this model?

Has there been any issues with backup and restore with kodi 16 . 1 or does that work fine? 

30 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I haven't seen a lot of people with 1800e posting about this upgrade. Is this firmware stable on this model?

Has there been any issues with backup and restore with kodi 16 . 1 or does that work fine? 

I backed up my Kodi and restored fine on his one. Restore still needs minor tweaks, but that takes only a few minutes for me to do.

10 hours ago, Dinh Nguyen said:

Atv1800e used 1900_factory_restore.rar   or update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img  admin?

sorry my english is not good

I used update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

And how do you change the CPU Scaling Governor from Hotplug to Performance?

Once rooted I install NSTools its a free app that lets you change the CPU Scaling Governor. I set mine to interactive its like performance and keeps all cores active but allows the cores to idle lower when not active to reduce heat. When the CPU power is needed they all ramp up. Since i rooted and set to interactive with a min of 600 mhz on interactive the unit is WAY faster.  Hot plug stops cores as much as possible to save power and idles them as low as possible this is not a good setting for a always plugged in and always on android box as the unit uses a power brick and will draw the same power if its on or off.

here is the link for what i use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.cyann.nstools&hl=en

here is the description of the governors I spoke of : (There are over 100 Governors )

8: Interactive:

Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set by the kernel developer (or user). In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. It is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above. 

Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.

3: Performance:

The performance governor locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. 

21: Hotplug:

The Hotplug governor performs very similarly to the OnDemand governor, with the added benefit of being more precise about how it steps down through the kernel's frequency table as the governor measures the user's CPU load. However, the Hotplug governor's defining feature is its ability to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization. This is known as "hotplugging."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Once rooted I install NSTools its a free app that lets you change the CPU Scaling Governor. I set mine to interactive its like performance and keeps all cores active but allows the cores to idle lower when not active to reduce heat. When the CPU power is needed they all ramp up. Since i rooted and set to interactive with a min of 600 mhz on interactive the unit is WAY faster.  Hot plug stops cores as much as possible to save power and idles them as low as possible this is not a good setting for a always plugged in and always on android box as the unit uses a power brick and will draw the same power if its on or off.

here is the link for what i use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.cyann.nstools&hl=en

here is the description of the governors I spoke of : (There are over 100 Governors )

8: Interactive:

Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set by the kernel developer (or user). In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. It is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above. 

Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.

3: Performance:

The performance governor locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. 

21: Hotplug:

The Hotplug governor performs very similarly to the OnDemand governor, with the added benefit of being more precise about how it steps down through the kernel's frequency table as the governor measures the user's CPU load. However, the Hotplug governor's defining feature is its ability to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization. This is known as "hotplugging."

Great post here.

Thanks for sharing such detailed info for everyone to read

So, what's the upgrade process to get a fully functioning (or as close as possible) 1900AC?

Install the 5.1 upgrade, then install the root patch, then install NSTools? 

Why does this say no Netflix HD, does that mean HD Netflix isn't available on the 1900AC?  (Just curious here, I don't use Netflix anymore)

Ok now I'm starting to get upset. I did some research. Previous versions didn't like having both wired and WiFi connected. So I made sure wired network was not connected. The 1900AC is  useless in WiFi as it keeps disconnecting. I have to disable Wifi and reenable it to re-establish the connection all the freakin time.

This is the 3rd post on this matter with no response what so ever.

5 hours ago, bbq_tom said:

So, what's the upgrade process to get a fully functioning (or as close as possible) 1900AC?

Buy another box from another brand. I was hoping 5.1 would make this box more stable but no success so far. I have a 582 that I love, no issue with it but just not as much CPU and Mem as I wished. I went for a 1800. The 1800 running Android 4.4 is the golden years of the MyGica. Flawless. Then I wanted to have another room covered. I went for a 1900AC. That thing is a disaster out of the box. Not reliable what so ever. The only setup I managed to have running relatively stable after countless factory resets is Wired with latest patches. Now I need it to be wireless. I was hoping on 5.1 with no success. The wifi issue makes it useless again and no suggestion or help on the support.

• Like 1

582 and 1800 runs fine with any of  my mice. Only found one extremely old mouse working on the 1900AC with 5.0. 5.1 is no better.

I also asked another question unanswered previously how do you get rid of the virtual keyboard wasting space on the screen when using a connected or Bluetooth physical keyboard?