MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

1 hour ago, gica4ever said:

Ok now I'm starting to get upset. I did some research. Previous versions didn't like having both wired and WiFi connected. So I made sure wired network was not connected. The 1900AC is  useless in WiFi as it keeps disconnecting. I have to disable Wifi and reenable it to re-establish the connection all the freakin time.

This is the 3rd post on this matter with no response what so ever.

Workaround found:

All my devices are connected on 5Ghz, all stable but the 1900AC.

I switched the 1900AC to 2.4Ghz and has been working fine since. What puzzles me is that the 2.4Ghz band is quite busy with many nearbuy neighbor networks. So the WiFi problem in my case seams to be related to the 5Ghhz.

Edited by gica4ever

40 minutes ago, Dinh Nguyen said:

Thanks you! Can you please help me with this guide.  

1. Do the following at your own risks... According to MyGica rooting the device may affect compatibility with some apps;
  2. Download 5.1 root patch http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/topic/2905-1900ac1800e-51-firmware-november-23-2016/&do=findComment&comment=19457
  3. Copy img file to the root directory of your device or USB key;
  4. Launch the Upgrade app and select Local Update (select update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_root_patch.img) and pray... Worked for me 1st time and didn't factory reset the device;
  5. Once rooted - open Google Play and look for Navigation Bar... The one that says (back-menu root) from "Just Relax".  I have it on all my Android boxes who got the navigation bar removed. Love it.
  6. Enjoy
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 0:14 PM, PhoenixIce said:

While the title also states the 1800E but it's not mentioned in that device section or notes, just want to confirm this same firmware will work?

Thanks! :)

Yes Works on 1800E  did it yesterday have not installed any other apps; Kodi is working great. Make sure you unplug your Ethernet connection as some say this causes the upgrade to stick. My upgrade with the RAR file took about 6 minutes all went very smooth.

On 12/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Otherworld said:

I haven't seen a lot of people with 1800e posting about this upgrade. Is this firmware stable on this model?

Has there been any issues with backup and restore with kodi 16 . 1 or does that work fine? 

Yes stable; did not do a backup as this this box in not our main box. I Use Minix U1 which is FAR BETTER

Yet another SELF support answer. After fiddling with the config for hours... Here how to get rid of the displaying keyboard or nag.

In settings

1. Select Remote and switch it on
  2. Select Keyboard and chose "remote controller methode"

Works with Wired or Wireless Keyboard

3 hours ago, gica4ever said:

How do you get rid of virtual keyboard or keyboard NAG at the bottom of the screen when using either wired or remote physical keyboard?

tmp_9857-download7c642fd1_femulated_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2f2016_12_10_12.36.28-1690730587.png

Yet another SELF support answer. After fiddling with the config for hours... Here how to get rid of the displaying keyboard or nag.

In settings

1. Select Remote and switch it on
  2. Select Keyboard and chose "remote controller methode"

Works with Wired or Wireless Keyboard

Just posting this users post to their own question answering this issue.

6 hours ago, Thabied said:

My Netflix keeps crashing, had to resort to using the mobile version which does not play nicely with the remote. Anyone else have this issue

Hi,

I havent seen this yet, is this still happening?

Have you unplugged the unit for a full restart and seeing if this continues?

On 10/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, mrennie1957 said:

Yes stable; did not do a backup as this this box in not our main box. I Use Minix U1 which is FAR BETTER

Can I play please be directed to the update file.  I am still apprehensive about preforming this update but I know time is ticking with Kodi 17 on its way 

Hi guys,  I'm new here.   Just trying to pick up information on the various Mygica boxes before I buy one as I have a collection and I don't need another doorstop.   I am a bit confused as I read one post stating Mygica relies on Amlogic ?    Not to coin a phrase or a disaster but a lot of people relied on the Titanic and it didn't turn out well.   As for android 6.0, this relates to Google and it has higher security which provides more control.....over the various boxes using Marshmallow 6.0  but unfortunately its not the last as Google has their latest version 7.0 which really clamps down on what you can load, what you can't load and Goodle is pretty much in the driver's seat with Google Playstore.     I've been looking hard at the latest MyGica 1900 box and quite frankly I have a hard time getting my head wrapped around the $199 price which compares with the Nvidia Shield Tv which I bought a couple of years back and it came with Marshmallow 6.0 but between Nvidia, Google and me, I often ponder on who owns it.   Sorry but comparing the internal hardware, memory, USB 3.0 and controller vs the remote, I really can't figure out why the price is so high.   Can anyone tell me if there is something about the 1900 that warrants the cost ?   Is there some special apps or software ?

P.S.  This one costs $ 114 Canadian with shipping .......XXXXXXX ...........and it is another box that relies on Amlogic.     The price relates to the 3gb ddr3 mem and the 32gb ram version.

Edited by MyGica Support
Please do not link to sales of other boxes on our site.

Hello, I write for the first time from Catalonia (Spain), to tell  you That updated model 1800E. It Works perfectly. Thanks to the whole team, especially Justin. Sorry for my English.See you soon.

• Like 1

Okay, I thought I would share my experience with this upgrade.

First, the issues that bugged me before this upgrade were as follows:
- Couldn't reboot device without pulling the power cord.
- Kodi would often not close, would just hang after hitting exit.
- Apps I never launched would be shown as running in the app killer.
- Network was slow to turn on and sometimes I had to power cycle the box to get it working.

After installing this upgrade, then rooting the box with the patch, then using NSTools to enable all processors I find the box runs much better.
I love that I can reboot the box.  Networking comes up pretty much instantly now (I use Ethernet, not WiFi). Kodi has properly exited 100% of the time since installing this update and I don't see any apps listed that I didn't open in app killer.  Overall the box seems faster too.

The only "issue" I have now with the box is that my Harmony remote stop button no longer works.  On the old version I could hit the stop button and the stream would end.  On this version nothing happens.  I have to click OK and bring up the stream menu, then click stop.  Not the end of the world but I find it odd.

2 hours ago, Deadwood said:

Hi guys,  I'm new here.   Just trying to pick up information on the various Mygica boxes before I buy one as I have a collection and I don't need another doorstop.   I am a bit confused as I read one post stating Mygica relies on Amlogic ?    Not to coin a phrase or a disaster but a lot of people relied on the Titanic and it didn't turn out well.   As for android 6.0, this relates to Google and it has higher security which provides more control.....over the various boxes using Marshmallow 6.0  but unfortunately its not the last as Google has their latest version 7.0 which really clamps down on what you can load, what you can't load and Goodle is pretty much in the driver's seat with Google Playstore.     I've been looking hard at the latest MyGica 1900 box and quite frankly I have a hard time getting my head wrapped around the $199 price which compares with the Nvidia Shield Tv which I bought a couple of years back and it came with Marshmallow 6.0 but between Nvidia, Google and me, I often ponder on who owns it.   Sorry but comparing the internal hardware, memory, USB 3.0 and controller vs the remote, I really can't figure out why the price is so high.   Can anyone tell me if there is something about the 1900 that warrants the cost ?   Is there some special apps or software ?

P.S.  This one costs $ 114 Canadian with shipping .......XXXXXXX ...........and it is another box that relies on Amlogic.     The price relates to the 3gb ddr3 mem and the 32gb ram version.

Deadwood,

I am happy that you are doing your research on these systems. The decision process when comparing purely by specs is at time a pain.

MyGica stands by our products. We go the distance to pay for proper electrical and audio video licensing. We provide support in a number of ways including this forum. We spend a lot of time customizing our firmware, which of course brings it own set of bugs etc. We make sure that we do not back down on problems and we fix them. 

When dealing with cheaper no name boxes that advertise powerful systems, please keep in mind that they are almost always using a default android. This means they lack optimization, ota updating ability, support, warranties, licensing. Something that seems crazy to me is putting something into my home that if my insurance company knew about, would void my insurance.

These things that I have listed arent always important to people who want to save a buck, I understand that. For me personally, I want to buy a product that if when I receive it, something is wrong that I can return the product, or at least get some support on it.

Hopefully this helps in your decision process. please feel free to PM me or phone us anytime to discuss anything about our boxes.

1 hour ago, bbq_tom said:

Okay, I thought I would share my experience with this upgrade.

First, the issues that bugged me before this upgrade were as follows:
- Couldn't reboot device without pulling the power cord.
- Kodi would often not close, would just hang after hitting exit.
- Apps I never launched would be shown as running in the app killer.
- Network was slow to turn on and sometimes I had to power cycle the box to get it working.

After installing this upgrade, then rooting the box with the patch, then using NSTools to enable all processors I find the box runs much better.
I love that I can reboot the box.  Networking comes up pretty much instantly now (I use Ethernet, not WiFi). Kodi has properly exited 100% of the time since installing this update and I don't see any apps listed that I didn't open in app killer.  Overall the box seems faster too.

The only "issue" I have now with the box is that my Harmony remote stop button no longer works.  On the old version I could hit the stop button and the stream would end.  On this version nothing happens.  I have to click OK and bring up the stream menu, then click stop.  Not the end of the world but I find it odd.

I am always happy to see lengthy detailed replies like this one.

We are working on updating harmony so that their remotes will work on our latest devices. Check back with them soon.

Rebooting the device was able to be done based on a rooted program. Now that the update un-rooted the box, I assume you are trying to clear the cache, correct?

You can now do this by clicking the paintbrush on the main screen or holding down the context button for a moment until it shows you a rocket-ship taking off.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, mrennie1957 said:

Can you post the link to upgrade download you used. There are couple sitting around here and I want to use the right one.

It'd be great if there was some sort of "youtube tutorial" posted ....

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, MyGica Support said:

I am always happy to see lengthy detailed replies like this one.

We are working on updating harmony so that their remotes will work on our latest devices. Check back with them soon.

Rebooting the device was able to be done based on a rooted program. Now that the update un-rooted the box, I assume you are trying to clear the cache, correct?

You can now do this by clicking the paintbrush on the main screen or holding down the context button for a moment until it shows you a rocket-ship taking off.

Great news about Harmony.

I have found in the past that sometimes the box would slow down and I needed to reboot by pulling the power cord.  Now that there is an option to reboot right from the home screen I think that's great.  I noticed the clear cache as well and will try that first if I find the box slow.

Kudos to all involved on this release.  I for one am very happy with it.

On 12/6/2016 at 8:42 PM, MyGica Support said:

While we are happy to help, the shipping alone on this situation is going to cost a lot of money.

As you have spent some time in our forums, you can see that there were some problems with the 1900's that we have since fixed the majority of issues with this update. Your problem however, seems like it may be hardware related, and is very rare. 

While I understand that this is hearsay at this point, buying electronics overseas or from foreign countries is always not recommended. I purchased an iPhone in the USA and brought it to China while living there for awhile and ran into the same problems that you are.

As for what can be done now, if you think that the issue is most likely related to the power pin and you likely won't be sending it overseas for repair, you can try opening it up and soldering the points of the power pin to the board.

The pin being loose is usually related to an impact onto the power pin which dislodges the soldering points from the board. If you are feeling adventurous about trying this, PM me and we can go through it together and I can try to help.

Hello,

About the power pin being loose I can assure you the unit has never had any impact or fall, the unit has always been this way since first day.
This problem occurs when the box is moved minimally, or just touching the cables but once turned on and at rest it worked "perfectly", until it resolved to fail the HDMI signal. Tested different HDMI cables and monitor inputs, the TV screen says "no signal".

I can open up the unit and try to find the problem by myself but I need some instructions because I just unscrew the 4 screws at bottom and it stills closed, is the shell glued?  how to open it without broken things? I can do a photo report from all inside and send to you.

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Hello,

About the power pin being loose I can assure you the unit has never had any impact or fall, the unit has always been this way since first day.
This problem occurs when the box is moved minimally, or just touching the cables but once turned on and at rest it worked "perfectly", until it resolved to fail the HDMI signal. Tested different HDMI cables and monitor inputs, the TV screen says "no signal".

I can open up the unit and try to find the problem by myself but I need some instructions because I just unscrew the 4 screws at bottom and it stills closed, is the shell glued?  how to open it without broken things? I can do a photo report from all inside and send to you.

Thank you.

I can confirm that my unit also has a loose power connector.  It was purchased from MyGica directly, in Canada, has never had a fall or drop.  has always been stationary inside my TV cabinet.  However, since day one if I even slightly move the box the power cord will disconnect.  It's not that big a deal to me since the box sits in my TV cabinet and is almost never touched.  I just wanted to confirm that there may be a QC issue with the power connectors as Luciano has mentioned.

I am using a 1800E. The upgrade worked as described and all issues from beta seem to be resolved except that I cant turn the device off and back on with out unplugging the box. Any ideas?