MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

and...

PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WAIT CLOSE TO HALF A YEAR FOR YOU GUYS TO COME OUT WITH UPDATES TO MAKE THEIR BOX WORK PROPERLY AND FUNCTION AS IT'S ADVERTISED TO

You guys should honestly get the mygica ceo on this forum to make some sort of statement. This is all so ridiculous. "we fixed the standby issue the best we can," "we don't know when your box will work as it's advertised to." This is literally insanity. I'd love to see the ceo on here. Please get the ceo on this forum!

Edited by Frankie

On 6/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, Frankie said:

and...

PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WAIT CLOSE TO HALF A YEAR FOR YOU GUYS TO COME OUT WITH UPDATES TO MAKE THEIR BOX WORK PROPERLY AND FUNCTION AS IT'S ADVERTISED TO

You guys should honestly get the mygica ceo on this forum to make some sort of statement. This is all so ridiculous. "we fixed the standby issue the best we can," "we don't know when your box will work as it's advertised to." This is literally insanity. I'd love to see the ceo on here. Please get the ceo on this forum!

The 5.1 Firmware is BETA only, and not official.
So that is why no OTA.
I will try and make a firmware that does not factory reset though
As I mentioned, after the next release, it will more then likely be the final one.  

And I have explained why standby won't work properly on 1800, this firmware is meant for 1900AC, but since the 1800E and 582 uses the same device tree because the chipsets are similar.  It works on the 1800E/582 as well.
As I stated above, these are Beta files, users load them on their own and will be aware of the standby issues
We no longer sell these models, so were not worried about returns.  
We did not have this issue after a few updates to our 4.4 Firmwware, so did not experience returns because of the standby issue.
The main goal here was to get a working firmware that will work with KODI 17+

The ATV 582/1800/380 were advertised to work well with Android 4.4, and they did work well as advertised.

The PCB boards are all different, therefore the power is different as well.
AMLogic never made an SDK for 5.1 on the S802 chipsets that are being used on the 1800E/582, so even they cannot help us with this.
We had a similar issue on the ATV 495 PRO and 1900 PRO, and Amlogic had to help us with this to fix it.

Almost no other company out there has released Android 5.1 for the S802 boxes, and not many have even done it for S812 boxes.
We are trying to satisfy our customers by offering them something that works well enough for KODI 17+

If you are still dissatisfied then I am sorry,  this is the best that we can offer as a solution for our older models.
You have to understand, the Android 5.1 SDK from Amlogic is well over 2 years old, and they have zero desire to upgrade it for anyone,  so a lot of modifications had to be done on our side to make it run properly.  

On 6/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, Frankie said:

and...

I will see if we can offer a non factory reset firmware on the November 2016 Android 5.1 Firmware to be done via OTA.

I am not 100% sure if it was setup to take OTA updates though, since it was a Beta File.

5 hours ago, Justin said:

I will see if we can offer a non factory reset firmware on the November 2016 Android 5.1 Firmware to be done via OTA.

I am not 100% sure if it was setup to take OTA updates though, since it was a Beta File.

My 1800e boxes are advertised as quad core, but all the cores aren't being utilized, so it's not working as advertised. The two 1800e android boxes I bought over the past couple months came with android 5.1 already installed on them, not 4.4. There was someone else who has a 1900ac on this forum who complained about the cores not all working, which it's advertised to. So they're not working as advertised.

Just hit on all the points I made and I'll be completely satisfied, and I'm sure others will too. Make things as easy as you can for your customers. Make things as easy as you can for your customers to understand. Make sure the boxes function to their listed specs. Be as prompt as you can.

If the beta file is not ota then that's fine. But you guys beta get your act together. No, I'm just kidding. But I hope the next update is ota. If it's not, then whatever, I'll do it manually, as long as it doesn't reset my boxes, which it shouldn't. You said it's supposed to be the last one anyway. ota is obviously better and easier. You guys advertise that you do ota on your site as well on the 1900ac page, which should be applicable to all boxes on the same software. So if you advertise it, you should do it.

(bottom of page) http://mygica.com/Enjoy-TV/ATV1900-Pro_134.html

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Hey  Justin, not sure if this is an issue with the box but I get kicked out of kodi every one in a while.  Any info on that?

I haven't seen this yet

Anyone else have this issue on here?

Hi Justin:

I just installed the 5.1 img file. It wiped out everything I had on there before, and I'm OK with that. But the Kodi it installed (Jarvis, I think) does not have any plugins. Specifically, Exodus is not on there. This is the only plugin I'm interested in.

Did I take a wrong turn somewhere? Is it supposed to be in there?

If not, do you have instructions on how to add it?

Way at the beginning of this thread you said you were going to organize the downloads section. I am not seeing any evidence of this. It would be useful to be able to go to a section for our particular box and see an archive of the downloads. Sop if the latest one doesn't work, we can jump to the previous one.

Thanks for your help,

- AAA

tried to add the patch..without a clean install of 5.1......very buggy...crashing...cant set time.or date...only goes to 1992...lol.....so..FYI...do apply update too a clean install...

Alfred...thats a kodi issue.....youtube has plenty of videos on how to load up kodi....

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hi Justin:

I just installed the 5.1 img file. It wiped out everything I had on there before, and I'm OK with that. But the Kodi it installed (Jarvis, I think) does not have any plugins. Specifically, Exodus is not on there. This is the only plugin I'm interested in.

Way at the beginning of this thread you said you were going to organize the downloads section. I am not seeing any evidence of this. It would be useful to be able to go to a section for our particular box and see an archive of the downloads. Sop if the latest one doesn't work, we can jump to the previous one.

Thanks for your help,

- AAA

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hi Justin:

Thanks for your help,

- AAA

The firmware I posted on Page 17 will install KODI 17.3

5 hours ago, Kennstr said:

tried to add the patch..without a clean install of 5.1......very buggy...crashing...cant set time.or date...only goes to 1992...lol.....so..FYI...do apply update too a clean install...

You need to install the firmware first and then the patch file afterwards

25 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yeah, I had tried Krypton, and it was majorly janky; which was why I wanted the previous version of Kodi.

But now tvaddons.ag is offline, and it'll be a challenge installing Exodus.

Assuming I have it on another device, is there a way to lift it from another install and put it on this one? Or is there some other method of obtaining older versions of Exodus?

Thanks for your help.

- AAA

Edited by Alfred

Hi Justin

i updated my 582 to 5.1 using this update I found here. But now my dstv now app isn't working as it was with previous fw, Saying device has been registered before in the app. 

Any input regarding this? Or should I just downgrade back to kitkat

regards

paul 

On 6/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, Justin said:

Good news is I have a new Beta  FW + On Demand Patch.

I am still waiting on 1 more update that will include the patch + fix IR Remote issue on KODI 17.3 when using return button/menu button and also rename the firmware

Noticeable changes

1. Updated to KODI 17.3
2. Updated Google Play Services
3. Faster Performance 
4. Fixed Mac Address changing 
5. Turned off click sounds when browsing through the Home Screen + Android Settings
6. Fixed Screensaver issue when watching a video
7. Improved video playback
8. Improved standby issues as best we could. There is not much more we can do about this issue.

You can install this IMG file using the UPGRADE APP that is pre installed on your box, and just use Local Update.
Make sure to install 20170603.img first, and then the ondemand patch 2nd.

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX

The setting of HotPlug in the earlier version was not intentional
I apologize for the big delay on switching it to On Demand.

Antutu Benchmark tests came back at over 37.000 for this FW
+ Geekbench test cames back at Multicore over 1600
This is so far one of our best FWs to date for 5.1 on the 1800/1900AC

The good news is, this also runs on the  ATV 582/380
It lags a bit when your first boot it or reboot the box, but after a few mins it runs smoothly on the 582/380

You can install this IMG file using the UPGRADE APP that is pre installed on your box, and just use Local Update.
Make sure to install 20170603.img first, and then the ondemand patch 2nd.

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img

This was the update I did

On 6/20/2017 at 4:25 PM, Justin said:

It would be so much better if the downloads were in their own section, properly documented, and you could simply give us a link to them. Rather than "somewhere" in a long thread.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:11 PM, Alfred said:

It would be so much better if the downloads were in their own section, properly documented, and you could simply give us a link to them. Rather than "somewhere" in a long thread.

This is the case for all other downloads currently

If you look we re did the entire downloads section, each model has its own section
You can find the downloads section at the top of every page with a drop down menu.

I will add the new files to the correct section once we upload them.

i am running kodi jarvis 16,1 noticing a lot of addons not working.  So, am i to upgrade my Kodi or should I be buying a new mygica box?

19 minutes ago, dez10 said:

i am running kodi jarvis 16,1 noticing a lot of addons not working.  So, am i to upgrade my Kodi or should I be buying a new mygica box?

What model # of MyGica are you using?

On 6/27/2017 at 8:07 AM, dez10 said:

sorry...1800e

I suggest upgrading your 1800e to Android 5.1

Which will allow you to use Kodi 17.3

On 6/28/2017 at 2:01 PM, Justin said:

I suggest upgrading your 1800e to Android 5.1

Which will allow you to use Kodi 17.3

Does anyone have a problem with WIFI connection after upgrading two files "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603" and "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605" on 1800E as recommended?

Please point me to the right thread where I can find the fix for WIFI connection issue.

Thanks

Edited by dxn131

Hi dxn131,

There has been another Beta release since then, try this one until a stable release comes out. Wifi and Ethernet works in this version.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:43 AM, Tipps said:

Hi dxn131,

There has been another Beta release since then, try this one until a stable release comes out. Wifi and Ethernet works in this version.

Hi Tipps,

thanks for the link. I didn't know about this new release.

Only a couple of questions:

1- Am I going to lose my user data after installing it?

2- Is It necessary to apply "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img" again after "MyGica_1900AC/1800/582/380_Android_5.1_20170612"? 

I have installed "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img" + "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img" and I lose my Ethernet connection when I come from standby mode. I need to switch off and switch on Ethernet connection to recover Internet access.

Thanks all for your help

14 hours ago, wesmu said:

Hi Tipps,

thanks for the link. I didn't know about this new release.

Only a couple of questions:

1- Am I going to lose my user data after installing it?

2- Is It necessary to apply "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img" again after "MyGica_1900AC/1800/582/380_Android_5.1_20170612"? 

I have installed "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img" + "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img" and I lose my Ethernet connection when I come from standby mode. I need to switch off and switch on Ethernet connection to recover Internet access.

Thanks all for your help

Hi wesmu,

Yes you will lose all your data after the install.

You have to install the update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img  first.

Then install the update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img"

Then you can install the latest patch MyGica_1900AC/1800/582/380_Android_5.1_20170612.img this should fix your Ethernet issues.

With Android 5.1.1 you must turn of the Ethernet to use the wifi or turn of the wifi to use the Ethernet, they don't work at the same time in Android 5.1.1 like it use to in android 4.4.

Hope this helps you.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:43 PM, Tipps said:

Hi wesmu,

Yes you will lose all your data after the install.

You have to install the update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img  first.

Then install the update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img"

Then you can install the latest patch MyGica_1900AC/1800/582/380_Android_5.1_20170612.img this should fix your Ethernet issues.

With Android 5.1.1 you must turn of the Ethernet to use the wifi or turn of the wifi to use the Ethernet, they don't work at the same time in Android 5.1.1 like it use to in android 4.4.

Hope this helps you.

These files below, are the latest 5.1 FW, which includes the ON demand patch file.