MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

Great news! 

Question about the standby issue. Is it resolved? You say you did the best you could. But what does that mean exactly? 

Thanks again Justin. 

20 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Great news! 

Question about the standby issue. Is it resolved? You say you did the best you could. But what does that mean exactly? 

Thanks again Justin. 

A lot of users have reported it working now
The issue we found varied by the TV that was being used, so that is why we could not fix it for everyone

But now some users are reporting it wifi wont reconnect coming out of standby

This is why we will only release this as Beta.

When will the firmware upgrade file with no factory reset be released for existing 5.1 users? Why is this taking so long?

On 7/27/2017 at 7:31 PM, Otherworld said:

Great! 

Any idea when this will be released OTA? 

Can you please be more specific?

On 7/29/2017 at 0:39 PM, Frankie said:

When will the firmware upgrade file with no factory reset be released for existing 5.1 users? Why is this taking so long?

Sorry about this

I have had it for awhile, and forgot to post it up in the downloads section
You can find a link for it below.

FW:  update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_no_format_data_20170616.img

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Sorry about this

I have had it for awhile, and forgot to post it up in the downloads section
You can find a link for it below.

FW:  update_MYGICA_S812_S802_Device_5.1_no_format_data_20170616.img

Great. So to install this, do the standard method through the upgrade app by just clicking on the file? And of course this file has all the same updates as the firmware file that does factory reset right?

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

The news firmware release. Will be sent out OTA? 

If you are referring to the patch file to fix the wifi issue coming out of standby

Then yes.

If it is the Firmware update we released last month for most of our older models to run Android 5.1
Then no, not at this time.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Great. So to install this, do the standard method through the upgrade app by just clicking on the file? And of course this file has all the same updates as the firmware file that does factory reset right?

Yes and Yes.

I installed the new firmware. The screensaver issue hasn't been fixed. I don't know what you guys did or what you think you did, but it still comes on when you watch video content in kodi. Also I still can't find an option to turn off the clicking toggle sounds in android. This doesn't seem to be fixed either. Unless if it's really hidden somewhere?

I have to root my devices again. Which root patch file can I use to do this on 1800e on the new firmware?

Edited by Frankie

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I installed the new firmware. The screensaver issue hasn't been fixed. I don't know what you guys did or what you think you did, but it still comes on when you watch video content in kodi. Also I still can't find an option to turn off the clicking toggle sounds in android. This doesn't seem to be fixed either. Unless if it's really hidden somewhere?

I have to root my devices again. Which root patch file can I use to do this on 1800e on the new firmware?

I am running the Wipe Data version on an 1800E and 1900AC

We actually just deleted that sound all together, so it is not working anymore.
Also, I ran a Live TV channel on Kodi for 3 Hours and there was no screensaver that appeared.
Make sure your screensaver/daydream setting is set to "Never"

As for the Root Patch file, we have one but it has been reported not to work properly so we are trying to fix it now,

17 minutes ago, Justin said:

I am running the Wipe Data version on an 1800E and 1900AC

We actually just deleted that sound all together, so it is not working anymore.
Also, I ran a Live TV channel on Kodi for 3 Hours and there was no screensaver that appeared.
Make sure your screensaver/daydream setting is set to "Never"

As for the Root Patch file, we have one but it has been reported not to work properly so we are trying to fix it now,

I found that the click sound was louder if anything. I'm running the squarehome tablet os so maybe there's an option within it's settings to shut it off, so I'll have to check back in on this. But there's no option in the android setting. 

I want to use the screensaver. If I set it to never turn on, how can I use it? What are you talking about? I want it to operate like a computer screensaver so it comes on when the os is inactive or when there's no video playing. This is how screensavers work.

Please let me know when you fix the root patch file. It would have been good if you guys could have built it into the firmware upgrade, two versions, one root, one non-root, but I guess you didn't want to do this. 

25 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I found that the click sound was louder if anything. I'm running the squarehome tablet os so maybe there's an option within it's settings to shut it off, so I'll have to check back in on this. But there's no option in the android setting. 

I want to use the screensaver. If I set it to never turn on, how can I use it? What are you talking about? I want it to operate like a computer screensaver so it comes on when the os is inactive or when there's no video playing. This is how screensavers work.

Please let me know when you fix the root patch file. It would have been good if you guys could have built it into the firmware upgrade, two versions, one root, one non-root, but I guess you didn't want to do this. 

Ok thanks for the feedback

Sorry I thought you meant it was coming on even when set to Never, I did not read your past comments before writing my last post.
I will try that here and see what happens.

And we are just making a non root FW version with a Root Patch.
I will post it in the downloads section once I have a working version.

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

Ok thanks for the feedback

Sorry I thought you meant it was coming on even when set to Never, I did not read your past comments before writing my last post.
I will try that here and see what happens.

And we are just making a non root FW version with a Root Patch.
I will post it in the downloads section once I have a working version.

It's not my os, there's still no option to shut off clicking sounds. I can say they sound louder now.

When do you think this root patch file will be released? And is it going to be in the downloads> root patch section?

Just now, Frankie said:

It's not my os, there's still no option to shut off clicking sounds. I can say they sound louder now.

When do you think this root patch file will be released? And is it going to be in the downloads> root patch section?

Then the clicking sound must have only been deactivated on a Factory Reset

I don't have a date right now on the root patch
But once available it will be in the downloads section under Root Patches.

I want to install the newest version of the firmware. Will it delete all of the data on my 1800e? 

Also, can someone please direct me to the file(s) and instructions? 

Thanks. 

hoi,

i just registered to ask something

i had android version 4.4.2 ( v002m801_20151119) and kodi version 15.2

ALLworking good sound is going to my av system in 5.1

now i installed the new version (lollipop and kodi 17.3) and the beta (because of mac problem) 

BUT i dont have 5.1 anymore (same movie same settings)

how can that be????

grtz kristof

i cant edit so here post:

audio settings on both the same,

number of channels : 2.0

enable passtrough : checked

dolby digital (ac3) capable receiver : checked

enable dolby digital (ac3) transcoding: checked

dts capable reciever (checked but i dont have that option in new version!)

and when i check the dolby things on in the new version i see reciever getting 5.1 but losses it again and move blocked

android is setting = hdmi

ive found something :

Passthrough Changes
Audiotrack-Sink for Android was revisited the last days and made it API conform. That means, everyone gets what the official Android API supports: https://developer.android.com/reference/...CODING_AC3
Concerning passthrough that means:

< v21 API: nothing
v21, v22 API: AC3, EAC3 (broken on most firmware, please bug your vendor)
v23: AC3, EAC3, DTS, DTS-HD (if supported, not on the Nexus 5)
v24 (Android N): AC3, EAC3, DTS with the new IEC API, we miss hardware / software to implement dts-hd, truehd
On Nvidia Shield: AC3, EAC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD

For old AML devices (<= 5.0) I ported the AML specific API, dependend on this you will get: AC3, EAC3, DTS or even DTS-HD, TrueHD which I implemented last March with a core device by wetek. This does not (!) count for the broken release chinese boxes with pseudo Android 6.0 (see below).

Why was the old method of PT removed?
Starting with newer API there is a FLOAT mixer internally, which might harm your ears, as mixing is going on and that might produce a significant noise. We were warned by Android Audio staff to not use these hacks.

Whenever the first of you has Android N device (not on Nexus) available, please ping me - happy to fully implement DTS-HD, TrueHD for these.

Vendor firmware bugs
- Some Android TVs only support 384 kb/s AC3 and error out on 640 kb/s
- EAC3 7.1 is broken on all FireTV firmware. I suggest disabling EAC3 and use Dolby Transcoding _and_ speakers set to 2.0. It makes no sense to passthrough if you can output 6 or more PCM channels

Help my DTS stopped working - but it did in Jarvis - you broke my system - you are damn idiots, Team Kodi 111!!!111
If you have a broken firmware, download the shitty builds. They are named matching your firmware. Currently on this list are:
FireTV 1 and 2, Some prerelease AMLogic Android 6 versions that ship a broken, e.g. shitty FW, never released as final by AMLogic.

Current shitty version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ (Updated 17/03/9) - Handle with care, you are warned. This version can kill your ears as it fakes passthrough via PCM as Jarvis did.

For semi broken firmware, e.g. Android Sony TV, Philips TV, some others with AC3 640 issues:
PCM speakers: 2.0
Enable AC3
Enable AC3-Transcoding
and (!) Enable Sync Playback to Display. This is need to force transcoding even of native AC3 Input as that might be 640 kbit/s and the FW cannot use it.

My SPDIF output on the shield does not work anymore:
Yeah FW bug. Nvidia has just forgotten about their spdif users. The only workaround for this is the shitty build from above

What if I don't understand all of this?
The PCM-Hack does the following: PT audio in IEC mode is shipped in so called IEC frames. Those frames tell what they have in it. Those IEC frames are transmitted via a 16 bit format. They are using a certain bandwidth. E.g. DTS / AC3 are send via 48 khz (44.1 khz) and 2 channels. DTS-HD / TrueHD via 192 khz and 8 channels. Channels in that regard are only used to describe the bandwidth.

You can think of a IEC package like a birthday present. The very moment the receiver knows how to unpack these, it will succesfully unpack the DTS / AC3 / EAC3 ... in it and it will play well. Now there is a problem though. The very moment the postman that ships these IEC packages does not know if those packages can be e.g. combined with certain other packages (resampled) or pushed a little (set volume), which would be a problem for the inner content of these packages.

So the good case:
Android sees the data coming in as 16 bit wise shipped packages and does neither resample them and does not change the packages volume. If that is given - everything is fine and the AVR will successfully receiver the content of the packages. In order to do that. We tell Android: Ey Android - please set your volume to 100% to not touch anything, so that we can savely unpack the IEC packages later on.

But now something evil (might happen). Beginning with Android 5 - the AudioTrack (the postman sending audio packages) has a certain shelf where it might store the packages, trying to combine the packages with others, trying to alter the packages (resampling) to better fit in the current post-car. If this happens the non interpretable content of your package gets broken.

If this happens: you will hear plain noise on your AVR in full volume - this will kill your ears.

Therefore we changed that in kodi v17. We only ship the passtrhough audio stuff if there is a special, secure post-service, that e.g. tells us: Yes, I got it - i won't touch the packet content, I won't mix it - I will even block the post-car so long until all your packages are transmitted.

The "shitty" build reintroduces the Jarvis behaviour of sending PT audio. A sidenote: The so called PCM hack in Jarvis is even more dangerous as it is now in v17. As in Jarvis plain "zeros", e.g. packages with the packaging the receiver / AVR was not able to unpack properly, were sent. Therefore it's quite common in Jarvis that you get a seconf of noise on start and after stop by default.

Any questions left?

Version 17.1 builds to be found here:
Notsoshitty / Shitty: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

so if i read this right, its Mygicas fault...to build crap firmware to work  on lollipop and kodi 17

Edited by kg666

On 8/20/2017 at 3:40 AM, kg666 said:

ive found something :

so if i read this right, its Mygicas fault...to build crap firmware to work  on lollipop and kodi 17

The 5.1 SDK that was provided to us from Amlogic is Beta, and that is why our Firmware is Beta.

The 5.1 SDK is from 2015 and was never updated by Amlogic, so that is why our firmware will remain Beta as it is not perfect.

@Justin sorry i was kinda mad when i updated ( i was to happy to see the update) and saw the surround didnt work anymore

else i had no problem, nice good working firmware (not the MAC change ;) ) but what is the most important thing in video, right sound ...lol ( for me)

so when i saw no surround.... ( you can tell - read in my posts)

i did install the old 4.4 and old kodi (works again) even the mygica mediacenter doesnt work (version with kodi 17) 

och, it was a nice try, back to the old one...i wonder if i buy a new version of mediabox it would work ( kodi 17.3 with last android)

On 28/7/2017 at 0:41 AM, Justin said:

A lot of users have reported it working now
The issue we found varied by the TV that was being used, so that is why we could not fix it for everyone

But now some users are reporting it wifi wont reconnect coming out of standby

This is why we will only release this as Beta.

Hi Justin, Tipps,

sorry for the delay of my answer (holidays, work, etc....).

I installed the last software versión you told me, and the system works smoother.

But...the standby issue is still happening in my case. Not always, but most of times. I didn't know that this issue was associated to the TV used.

When I lose my connection I only have to disabled Ethernet connection and enabled again in the settings and I recover my Internet connection.

Thanks both for your support