Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkS1234

ATV 1800E - No Video

Hi,

We have an ATV1800e, had it for several months always pretty good.

We had it running watching something and the picture went, can't remember if the sound went.

I pulled it's power, and waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in and still no picture.

The remote will turn the box on and off, but the video has not returned and the TV does not seem to be getting and signal at all.

Feels as if the video chip fried.

Any thoughts, suggestions, fixes ?

Thanks

My 1800 does the same but I updated to 5.1 and now it boots only from plugging in cause the remotes  doesn't work for turning it on only. 2 to 3 minutes into watching anything the video goes out so unplug it plug back in boots up stays on 2 to 3 minutes goes out again and this is continuous all the while the green light is on indicating the box is on so I'm losing the video.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Can you provide the build version and serial numbers to the units? We are looking into this to try and replicate this problem.

Also, please let me know which remotes you are using.

On 12/8/2016 at 11:35 PM, meagain said:

Where do I find the build #   as the the Ser# is MG1800E15062564. 

Hi Meagain,

This black screen issue with 5.1 firmware is something we are looking into and should hopefully have something quickly. I believe it is different then the originals posters issue.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:11 PM, MarkS1234 said:

Hi,

We have an ATV1800e, had it for several months always pretty good.

We had it running watching something and the picture went, can't remember if the sound went.

I pulled it's power, and waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in and still no picture.

The remote will turn the box on and off, but the video has not returned and the TV does not seem to be getting and signal at all.

Feels as if the video chip fried.

Any thoughts, suggestions, fixes ?

Thanks

Have you tried a different HDMI cord?

Hi Meagain,

If after trying different cables, and even maybe on a different tv, it sure sounds like there is a hardware issue with this box.

Do you know if it is still under warranty? Where are you located?

lets get this thing fixed or replaced for you.

It's over a yr. but not sure when I purchased it. I'm located in  Ontario Canada.

I think July,Aug/15 as I got the 1900 in Nov/15

Thanks for the reply.

I could but I nvr know when it's going to go out but it usually takes a few minutes then just goes black so I don't know how this will do anything more than what I'm telling you. I've tried to factory reset the box but it don't recognize the SD drive. I updated it to the latest file you posted for lollipop but used the USB for that update now I can't get it back to Kit Kat. Thanks for staying on this. 

Meagain, The update really requires the SD card. Since it is going out shortly after turning on, this seems to be a slightly different issue then the powering up problem. I think there is either a firmware or hardware issue on the box. You mentioned that the sd card was not detected? Do you have another card to try? Maybe the card has malfunctioned?

It works fine on my laptop so I'm thinking the card is fine. All I know is when I try to factory reset I go to load from Ext, hit load from SD and nothing shows, unless I'm doing something wrong when putting the files from this site on the card after any unzipping of course.

Meagain, 

When doing a firmware install, if all of the files are unzipped on the card, and you follow the procedure carefully, you should not be seeing any options or recovery screen. It should all be done automatically. Hold reset, insert power, wait for 10 seconds and let go. 

Can you show me which instructions you're following?

Are you sure you've unzipped the files?

Just an update. I tried factory reset to no avail and after no success it was still on the latest lollipop after I  updated it before the problem started and  it stayed on after I got by the setup and I put it on 5.0 GHZ  wi-fi. I usually have it connected by Ethernet cable but was setting up in a different room so I used wi-fi.  Setup Kodi and my private server and seems to be working fine so far. The only problem is the remote still won't turn on the unit but everything else seems to function. I will just leave the unit on all the time so no big deal unless there is a way to to program the remote for this function. Thanks for helping out MyGica Support. I will let you know if anything changes.

Well it went out 2 times in about 6 hrs. so still having to unplug and plug back in to get it back on. Will keep you updated but being the holidays not so much at this time.

8 hours ago, meagain said:

Well it went out 2 times in about 6 hrs. so still having to unplug and plug back in to get it back on. Will keep you updated but being the holidays not so much at this time.

Couple more times so still doing it.

Now it won't power up so I give up on this box. I'll wait for my new box. Still have my 1900 but when that gives out and it's still on the old firmware because I won't take the chance on an update because to me updating these boxes are to risky. I have purchased my last MyGica product... Over $400.00 of worthless products and I only say this because of all the problems I also  had with the 1900AC  as well.

Hi Meagain,

If the box is turning off on its own after periods of time, this seems like a hardware issue, not firmware. Lets get this thing in for repair or replacement.

I understand the frustration you have been having. I am sorry that this unit has been problematic.