Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKearsey

ATV 585 latest firmware

On 24/03/2017 at 7:31 PM, Justin said:

You guys can try it if you like. We have tested it here and it works well.

It will install as a separate APP from KODI 16.1

This will work on our ATV 1800/582/380/585/586 running Android 4.4

@TeamKodi - If you read this and see there is no source code available, I apologize for this. It will be available within 1-2 weeks, once we finish a newer version based on KODI 17.1
You can email me directly if you have any questions 

mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk

Hi thanks it works well. Do you perhaps know if the version based on 17.1 is available yet?

17 hours ago, Raldo Tromp said:

Hi thanks it works well. Do you perhaps know if the version based on 17.1 is available yet?

I will put 17 on the Playstore sometime next week
So future updates will come from there.

17.1 I do not have a release date yet, but we are working on it.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:31 PM, Justin said:

You guys can try it if you like. We have tested it here and it works well.

It will install as a separate APP from KODI 16.1

This will work on our ATV 1800/582/380/585/586 running Android 4.4

mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk

Hi,

it is probably still too early to report issues since MyGica Media Center is not yet official, but I installed it on my ATV585 and the playback is super choppy.

I did not install any additional plugins or repositories.

I tried several H264 and H265 files from USB drive which are all working well with Kodi 16.1

Both hardware acceleration options are ticked in settings.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:36 PM, hawkeye said:

Hi,

it is probably still too early to report issues since MyGica Media Center is not yet official, but I installed it on my ATV585 and the playback is super choppy.

I did not install any additional plugins or repositories.

I tried several H264 and H265 files from USB drive which are all working well with Kodi 16.1

Both hardware acceleration options are ticked in settings.

Can you PM me the files your using?

We do not have this happening when we tested

Right now I am using SPMC fork as the Kodi 17.1 seems to have issues streaming properly on my 1800.  Where can I find this version of Media Center and has it been updated to Krypton 17.1 yet?

1 hour ago, KCCO-Town said:

Right now I am using SPMC fork as the Kodi 17.1 seems to have issues streaming properly on my 1800.  Where can I find this version of Media Center and has it been updated to Krypton 17.1 yet?

http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3791

Can be downloaded from the link above.

I will put it onto the Playstore hopefully by Friday, as long as I can get all the issues Google has listed with our APK by then.

We will upgrade to 17.1 hopefully before the end of the month.
The current fork of 17.0 took about 5 weeks to do just to make it work properly

1 hour ago, Justin said:

http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3791

I will put it onto the Playstore hopefully by Friday, as long as I can get all the issues Google has listed with our APK by then.

Any problem using this with Lollipop? I'm no longer running KitKat 4.4. Thanks Justin.. Cheers mate

Just now, KCCO-Town said:

Any problem using this with Lollipop? I'm no longer running KitKat 4.4. Thanks Justin.. Cheers mate

Shouldn't be any issues using it.

Give it a try and let me know

Just now, Justin said:

Will do. BTW, great idea creating your own fork for Playstore. Way easier for upgrading purposes. Cheers mate.

On 3.4.2017. at 7:47 PM, Justin said:

Can you PM me the files your using?

We do not have this happening when we tested

I don't think the files are the issue.

I actually have a problem getting smooth playback in all other android players (VLC, MX player...) that don't support amcodec hardware acceleration.

The playback only works smooth in Kodi 16.1 and SPMC 16.4 that both support amcodec.

Not sure if this helps, but here is the HW/SW info for my MyGica 585 box:

ARM v7 (v7l)

Amlogic Meson8B

Firmware build number: V002M8B01_20161205

Kernel version: 3.10.33

xsj@ubt124 ad90a98(20151026.144343)

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Hi Justin,

I'm not able to add pvr/live tv. Not able to add the simple pvr client. No pvr addons available as well in add on browser.  

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Raldo Tromp said:

Hi Justin,

I'm not able to add pvr/live tv. Not able to add the simple pvr client. No pvr addons available as well in add on browser.  

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

Will have to look into this.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Hey Justin.. I installed and set it up, but once I added my add ons and set them up, I'm having a problem streaming. The scrapers open, but the screen goes black and no picture or sound... But when I go back to SPMC running 16.5 and setup the same way, everything works fine.. So I'm not sure why Krypton is causing so many issues on my 1800E...

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

I don't think the files are the issue.

I actually have a problem getting smooth playback in all other android players (VLC, MX player...) that don't support amcodec hardware acceleration.

The playback only works smooth in Kodi 16.1 and SPMC 16.4 that both support amcodec.

Not sure if this helps, but here is the HW/SW info for my MyGica 585 box:

ARM v7 (v7l)

Amlogic Meson8B

Firmware build number: V002M8B01_20161205

Kernel version: 3.10.33

xsj@ubt124 ad90a98(20151026.144343)

I'm having the same issue with my 1800E...16.1 & 16.4 work fine, but black screen, no sound or choppy streaming with 17.0 & 17.1...

17 hours ago, KCCO-Town said:

I'm having the same issue with my 1800E...16.1 & 16.4 work fine, but black screen, no sound or choppy streaming with 17.0 & 17.1...

This is only when trying to play video files from a USB drive?

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, Justin said:

We plan to release a forked version of KODI 17 that will work on the 585 running Android 4.4
It will be available on the Playstore soon, along with the source code on github

We plan to call it MyGica Media Center

Did an install of MyGyca Media Center on ATV 585 running kit kat. So far so good. Instructions are available, you will need them if you aren't familiar with Krypton.

5 hours ago, starterman said:

Did an install of MyGyca Media Center on ATV 585 running kit kat. So far so good. Instructions are available, you will need them if you aren't familiar with Krypton.

No isssues with local video files  on your device?

I did a reset of my device tonight and MyGica Media Center still works like crap with both local files and YouTube streams. Sound drops and video pauses every few seconds.

2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

No isssues with local video files  on your device?

I did a reset of my device tonight and MyGica Media Center still works like crap with both local files and YouTube streams. Sound drops and video pauses every few seconds.

I have yet to try local files or YouTube. 

When watching videos on Specto or Exodus, it seems like frames are dropped but not as bad as you seem to experience, I haven't had any sound drops.

Installed the apk on my atv 586.. it seems to run ok.. but it's a little slower and I still cannot live stream.. Exodus works okay, but it's pretty much the same boat I was in with 16.1

Seems to work great on atv380, streamed a bunch of movies last night & seemed to work like a charm!

Thanks Justin!

Is there anyway to customize the look to appear like the Kodi 14?

3 hours ago, crisis said:

Seems to work great on atv380, streamed a bunch of movies last night & seemed to work like a charm!

Thanks Justin!

Is there anyway to customize the look to appear like the Kodi 14?

This should explain it.  The video is fast though, so may need to pause it to follow all of the steps properly.