Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mean6

ATV395

Hi everyone.  I am looking at the Mygica AVT395.  I cannot find my info on it, and what firmware to flash it with if anything were to go wrong.  It looks similar to the ATV380, but runs android 5.1 on it.  If anyone has any info on it, please let me know.

Thanks,

On 1/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, mean6 said:

Hi everyone.  I am looking at the Mygica AVT395.  I cannot find my info on it, and what firmware to flash it with if anything were to go wrong.  It looks similar to the ATV380, but runs android 5.1 on it.  If anyone has any info on it, please let me know.

Thanks,

The ATV 395 is similar to the 495 PRO since they both use the S905 Chipset.

However the 395 only has 1GB Ram and 8GB Internal memory and is also missing Widevine Level 1 DRM which allows you to get Netflix HD.

1 hour ago, mean6 said:

So, if I had to flash it, I would use the ATV495 firmware?

It already comes flashed with firmware

But yes, it uses the ATV 495 firmware

On 1/23/2017 at 3:02 PM, Justin said:

It already comes flashed with firmware

But yes, it uses the ATV 495 firmware

Hey Justin,

I'm going to flash the firmware of my ATV395 with the ATV495 firmware.. any pros and cons??

It's running really slow and hoping updating the firmware will help with out any issues with bricking..

Thank You.

the 395 has an SD card slot in the front. Is this to expand the memory? Our 395 lags a lot. The picture stops. We have to check for another provider. We get "source too slow for continuous play" although we are on the fastest Rogers Internet 300mbps. Where would the bottleneck be?