Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psy

connecting a usb gamepad controller

Hi

I tried connecting a wired usb xbox 360 controller on the atv495 and it is not recognised. Is the possibility of connecting a usb gamepad supported? How can i add this feature?

Thank you

On 1/28/2017 at 8:34 PM, psy said:

Hi

I tried connecting a wired usb xbox 360 controller on the atv495 and it is not recognised. Is the possibility of connecting a usb gamepad supported? How can i add this feature?

Thank you

We will have to add the drivers for XBOX and PS3/PS4 controllers to our firmware

I will get this added sometime in February.

This would be fantastic.   I am getting a little frustrated with the remote control when using it on some apps and a console game controller would be a great option!

The mouse speed is far too slow using the remote and the mouse acceleration isn't enough.

On 2/26/2017 at 2:23 AM, Rick White said:

This would be fantastic.   I am getting a little frustrated with the remote control when using it on some apps and a console game controller would be a great option!

The mouse speed is far too slow using the remote and the mouse acceleration isn't enough.

The remote that comes with the 495 PRO is not an Air Mouse, that is why is slow

If you connect a USB computer mouse, you can use it the same way it is used on a PC.

Just noticed that there is a way to increase the speed of the cursor when using the the standard MyGica remote.

On the main MyGica APPS screen go to APPLICATIONS.  At the very bottom you should see SETTINGS icon.   Click that and then choose MORE SETTINGS.   This brings you to the usual Android settings menu that you may be used to seeing on your phone.   Click LANGUAGE AND INPUT.   At the bottom is MOUSE/TRACKPAD.  Click and change the POINTER SPEED to maximum by sliding the bar all the way to the right.

12 hours ago, Rick White said:

Just noticed that there is a way to increase the speed of the cursor when using the the standard MyGica remote.

On the main MyGica APPS screen go to APPLICATIONS.  At the very bottom you should see SETTINGS icon.   Click that and then choose MORE SETTINGS.   This brings you to the usual Android settings menu that you may be used to seeing on your phone.   Click LANGUAGE AND INPUT.   At the bottom is MOUSE/TRACKPAD.  Click and change the POINTER SPEED to maximum by sliding the bar all the way to the right.

This also helps.

It working better for you now?

Oh ya.   Speeding up the mouse pointer to max makes it liveable.    Personally I wish it gave us even more speed but you can't have everything in life.

On 3/1/2017 at 0:05 AM, Rick White said:

Oh ya.   Speeding up the mouse pointer to max makes it liveable.    Personally I wish it gave us even more speed but you can't have everything in life.

If you connect a USB computer mouse, you can use it the exact same way you do on a PC.

Hi There. Is there maybe a list available of compatible Wifi Controllers or ones that you guys have that are using properly.

I want to install nes emulator to play retro games. I have had limited success with My old Logitech rumble pad.

Any help will be much appreciated.

On 30/01/2017 at 10:16 PM, Justin said:

We will have to add the drivers for XBOX and PS3/PS4 controllers to our firmware

Hi. Is the firmware already added for the XBOX AND PS3/4? Because I've connected a PS4 controller and it paired with no problem but could not play any game.  Seems as if there's compatibility issues. Please help. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Maypee said:

Hi. Is the firmware already added for the XBOX AND PS3/4? Because I've connected a PS4 controller and it paired with no problem but could not play any game.  Seems as if there's compatibility issues. Please help. Thanks.

No this has not been updated

As it is an issue with the OS

On 2/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, Justin said:

No this has not been updated

As it is an issue with the OS

I am curious as to if there are any updates on game controllers yet as I can't use the remote to play M.A.M.E. games.

I have checked to see if there were generic, or specific drivers available. nothing online or in marketplace.

Currently I'm using the ATV1900Pro.