Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psy

update to kodi 17

Hi

Will we be able to update to kodi 17 once it gets past the release candidate phase? will it be available on the magica app store?

thank you

On 1/28/2017 at 8:35 PM, psy said:

Hi

Will we be able to update to kodi 17 once it gets past the release candidate phase? will it be available on the magica app store?

thank you

We currently pre-install KODI 16.1 Play Store Version on the 495 PRO.

So once KODI 17 Becomes official, if you are logged into the Playstore you will be able to take the app update.

In the meantime if you want to try developer builds of KODI 17, you can find them here

https://kodi.tv/download/

I admit to being a novice in regards to MyGica and Android systems in general.

Am trying to get KODI updated to latest version. You say "We currently pre-install KODI 16.1 Play Store Version on the 495 PRO".

When I go into Play Store KODI isn't listed as an installed app.

Should I be uninstalling the current version and then install the Play Store version.

I was disappointed about Kodi17.   I much preferred the look and layout of the old 16.1 version.

Perhaps a new skin can help with this rather than the defaults.

Apparently there is a bug with Confluence on Kodi17.  Apparently if you change the layout of your addons (switch from list mode to wall mode for instance) that the settings are forgotten if you restart Kodi.    Haven't tested this personally yet but I read they expect to fix this on next version of Kodi.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, Rick White said:

Apparently there is a bug with Confluence on Kodi17.  Apparently if you change the layout of your addons (switch from list mode to wall mode for instance) that the settings are forgotten if you restart Kodi.    Haven't tested this personally yet but I read they expect to fix this on next version of Kodi.

I think the official 17.1 will fix a lot of issues, once it is available

16 hours ago, Brian A said:

I updated to 17 and then 17.1 but they both show the resolution at 1080p even though the system is at 4k.

SPMC allows you to switch resolution within SPMC system settings
Not sure why KODI 17 doesn't have this feature.

On 3/5/2017 at 9:45 PM, Brian A said:

I updated to 17 and then 17.1

How did you manage that?   Only 17.0 seems to be available to download through the stores.  No 17.1 update yet.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:11 PM, Rick White said:

How did you manage that?   Only 17.0 seems to be available to download through the stores.  No 17.1 update yet.

I downloaded the RC apk from kodi's official site.

When I went to download the new version it saus my device isn't compatible with this version. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Kodi isn't running properly on version 16 and I read online that you need to download the new version.  Thanks for any help anyone is able to give me. 

15 hours ago, BeardyJohn said:

When I went to download the new version it saus my device isn't compatible with this version. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Kodi isn't running properly on version 16 and I read online that you need to download the new version.  Thanks for any help anyone is able to give me. 

What model # of MyGica are you using?

13 hours ago, Rick White said:

Don't mean to sound harsh but this section of the forum is for the ATV 495/495 pro

I know it is, I thought it may provide a bit more detail to Justin to know that a similar problem is happening on another of the devices. sort of points to it not being a device specific problem.. 

19 hours ago, javilen said:

I know it is, I thought it may provide a bit more detail to Justin to know that a similar problem is happening on another of the devices. sort of points to it not being a device specific problem.. 

Not being able to upgrade to Kodi 17 is an Android related problem, not device problem.
Kodi 17+ and works on Android 5.0+

You can upgrade your 1800e to 5.1 by going here, after this you can upgrade Kodi to 17.1