Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smittyoban

Cant scroll in netflix app

Can scroll in netflix app

even after all the updates when i use netflix app if the show has multiple episodes that cant fit on the screen i cant scroll down to see anything else.  i can on the main screen or in kodi but for some reason in netflix if something doesnt display entirely on one screen i cant access anything below that.

any ideas??

Thanks

1 hour ago, smittyoban said:

Can scroll in netflix app

even after all the updates when i use netflix app if the show has multiple episodes that cant fit on the screen i cant scroll down to see anything else.  i can on the main screen or in kodi but for some reason in netflix if something doesnt display entirely on one screen i cant access anything below that.

any ideas??

Thanks

Sounds like you are using the tablet version from the Playstore

If you use a mouse, you can scroll up or down.

Or search for the Netflix Android TV app in Google, you can sideload this using a USB and get the 10 Foot Netflix app which makes using Netflix much easier, it also gives you 1080p.

i have tried a new downloaded versions and i get a compatibility error each time no matter what version i try.  and i cant seem to find this 10 foot app you are talking about could you PLEASE provide a link??

Thanks.....

On 2/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, smittyoban said:

i have tried a new downloaded versions and i get a compatibility error each time no matter what version i try.  and i cant seem to find this 10 foot app you are talking about could you PLEASE provide a link??

Thanks.....

I sent you a PM

Been struggling with the same issue. App should work without 3rd party help. I've found a way to get access to episodes you can't see. Initially it's a bit tedious, but you can then watch the remaining episodes.

Start the last episode you see, then using the mouse button to place curser to bottom right, up a tad from bottom. Press ok, to bring up scrolling bar, then place mouse pointer on red bar, near end, click OK. Show should go to end, then automatically start countdown to next episode. Do that till you reach the episode you want. Once you are there it will continue till season is finished.

Kind of goofy way to get there, UT works for me.

If you are using a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO you can manually install this Netflix TV app.

It will be much easier to use a remote as it uses the 10 foot interface
It also gets you up to 1080P HD.

1. Download it and move onto a USB drive or SD Card.

2. Insert into your MyGica box 

3. Use the Pre Installed app "App Installer" to install it.

com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

Hello,

I have installed the package and it works well with the remote.

However, I get an error message when I try to stream some movies ("An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.").

I don't have this message with the regular netflix app and I suspect that the video quality setting in my account (low) is not considered.

I also noticed that the subtitle color are set to be white in my account and they appear yellow in the ninja app.

Does this version bypass the account settings?

If so, is there a way to force settings (e.g. video quality = low) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I also noticed that the error "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later." occurs systematically when resuming a stream.

The app is working well when the movie is streamed from the beginning.

I would say that I bought the box mainly for Netflix, so if it does not work well with the remote I will just get it refunded.

I now see why this issue is happening 

On 4/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, Mo Bill said:

Hello,

I have installed the package and it works well with the remote.

However, I get an error message when I try to stream some movies ("An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.").

I don't have this message with the regular netflix app and I suspect that the video quality setting in my account (low) is not considered.

I also noticed that the subtitle color are set to be white in my account and they appear yellow in the ninja app.

Does this version bypass the account settings?

If so, is there a way to force settings (e.g. video quality = low) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The sub title setting is a setting of the app itself.

And the way Netflix is designed, is it will playback up to the highest quality available.

If you login to Netflix on a PC web browser, you can change the settings to Low or High.

As for the "error occurred loading this content"

Our newest firmware fixes this issue.  Our OTA server is down for maintenance the next few days, it will be back on later this week.

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I already have configure netflix on a PC web browser.

I'm looking forward to the new firmware.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Mo Bill said:

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I already have configure netflix on a PC web browser.

I'm looking forward to the new firmware.

Cheers

If you want to manually install the new FW

Can be found here

4 minutes ago, smittyoban said:

just installed the new FW and it works great with the mentioned apk.  thank you so much...

Great to hear

It seems that the Android TV version of Netflix from the MyGica store isn't working, the modified one from @apkguy seems to be the only one that works. 

Is this the latest modded version available, or am I doing something wrong with the one from the MyGica store? I'm running the ATV495Pro with the V1.20 firmware. Thanks.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:49 PM, 0rion said:

It seems that the Android TV version of Netflix from the MyGica store isn't working, the modified one from @apkguy seems to be the only one that works. 

Is this the latest modded version available, or am I doing something wrong with the one from the MyGica store? I'm running the ATV495Pro with the V1.20 firmware. Thanks.

The one from the MyGica store won't work

Aptoide needs to fix this, as they control the store.

On 23/03/2017 at 11:38 AM, apkguy said:

If you are using a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO you can manually install this Netflix TV app.

It will be much easier to use a remote as it uses the 10 foot interface
It also gets you up to 1080P HD.

1. Download it and move onto a USB drive or SD Card.

2. Insert into your MyGica box 

3. Use the Pre Installed app "App Installer" to install it.

com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

I just installed this and get an error: nw-6-404

Any ideas?

On 9/11/2017 at 9:04 PM, reverendthom said:

I just installed this and get an error: nw-6-404

Any ideas?

Netflix has changed some of their APIs etc, so this app no longer works as it is about 1 year old

Someone needs to modify a newer version so that can start working.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:55 AM, sidewinder1974 said:

You can't scroll on firefox either. Seems to be a Gica issue.

You need a USB computer mouse or USB Air Mouse remote to scroll on a web browser

Any updates on getting the Android TV version of Netflix for MyGica? Having to use the mouse is a bit of a pain. I would really like something similar to the Apple TV version.

not working for me either. on startup always the error message mentioned.

Netflix plays in like 540p only. Far from HD and not speaking of 4k (which seem to need devices certified by netflix)

Capkasa, your issue is different than the others.

Not being able to scroll on netflix due to not running the android tvos version is not an issue that MyGica has created. We cannot run that version on ASOP android, which is what the majority of android boxes are.

When we release an android tv os system in the coming months, it will have this option.

Capkasa, your issue seems like the version that is on your box isnt working anymore. Can you please try uninstalling it and installing one from the aptoid market?