Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smittyoban

Cant scroll in netflix app

15 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Capkasa, your issue is different than the others.

Capkasa, your issue seems like the version that is on your box isnt working anymore. Can you please try uninstalling it and installing one from the aptoid market?

Thanks for helping.  Netflix was working in shitty quality. When I installed the mentioned version nothing worked anymore. So I don't think my issue is different as other mentioned those problems too:
Netflix just works in quality lower than 1080p and from my experience it looks likesomething like 540p

6 hours ago, capkasa said:

Thanks for helping.  Netflix was working in shitty quality. When I installed the mentioned version nothing worked anymore. So I don't think my issue is different as other mentioned those problems too:
Netflix just works in quality lower than 1080p and from my experience it looks likesomething like 540p

As Justin mentioned, this is an unfortunate limitation of ASOP Android. There are only a couple of companies with it running in proper HD. We are working on changing this and should have a solution in q1 2018 for HD Netflix. At the very least, a system that will have Netflix HD 4k.

Here we are a year later after buying my gica box with the same issue! I'm using a usb wireless mouse which works for me. A wired one wouldn't work. 

There are no problems with this app on android phones, and iOS tablets! So why can't gica  fix this? 

I believe it's touch related.   

Good luck.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, sidewinder1974 said:

Here we are a year later after buying my gica box with the same issue! I'm using a usb wireless mouse which works for me. A wired one wouldn't work. 

There are no problems with this app on android phones, and iOS tablets! So why can't gica  fix this? 

I believe it's touch related.   

Good luck.

The app itself is designed for use on android phones, which is why touch is needed via use of a wired or wireless mouse or through an air remote, which comes standard on all 2018 and most 2017 units. 

MyGica can't "fix" this because netflix doesn't have an app designed for set top boxes running AOSP Android versions. We Always hoped to obtain this somehow, but for Netflix, it just isn;t an option.

This is why we have started developing our official Android TV system to try and get all apps running with remotes and in proper HD.

On 3/21/2018 at 5:07 PM, MyGica Support said:

The app itself is designed for use on android phones, which is why touch is needed via use of a wired or wireless mouse or through an air remote, which comes standard on all 2018 and most 2017 units. 

MyGica can't "fix" this because netflix doesn't have an app designed for set top boxes running AOSP Android versions. We Always hoped to obtain this somehow, but for Netflix, it just isn;t an option.

This is why we have started developing our official Android TV system to try and get all apps running with remotes and in proper HD.

Why is the app working fine in other Android TV box sets?

16 minutes ago, CesPach said:

Why is the app working fine in other Android TV box sets?

Like which ones? 

If it is an official "Android TV" box, the OS is designed by Google for TVs, and Netflix will have a nice remote control compatible UI.

If it is an Android "TV Box", it is running the same version of Android as your phone, and Netflix will be set up for touch support. 

1 hour ago, 0rion said:

Like which ones? 

If it is an official "Android TV" box, the OS is designed by Google for TVs, and Netflix will have a nice remote control compatible UI.

If it is an Android "TV Box", it is running the same version of Android as your phone, and Netflix will be set up for touch support. 

Xiaomi Mi TV box. Its got a different "version/model" of Netflix installed on it, which is my point, sorry for not making it clear. It's not installed via google play.

Either way, for anyone with a Mygica that has Netflix, instal CetusPlay on your phone (or anything else like it) and on the device. 

You can then use your phone as a mouse pad and it works to scroll the episodes.

The exact file I used is  Netflix-4.16-15235-release.apk.     Size 25.4mb.   I got this from Netflix help center. Google help.Netflix.com  Then open Netflix help center. Then find can’t watch headline. Then find this app is not compatible with your device. Open page scroll down to download app. Download onto computer then upload onto flash drive. Side load onto mygica device using app installer. Make sure to uninstall other Netflix app that does not scroll properly. Works for me. This app will not update so don’t try. It works good.

netflix mod app is really good, it works well and there are so many movies to watch from! But sometimes it lags a little in our tv but this app is really good because if you want to watch a movie with your family or friends, you can use this app. There are so many movies to watch from. So I can recommend to download this app! I hope this comment is helpful.

On 3/24/2017 at 12:38 AM, apkguy said:

If you are using a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO you can manually install this Netflix TV app.

It will be much easier to use a remote as it uses the 10 foot interface
It also gets you up to 1080P HD.

1. Download it and move onto a USB drive or SD Card.

2. Insert into your MyGica box 

3. Use the Pre Installed app "App Installer" to install it.

com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

I hope this one's work on my MBOX T95 Version 10