Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hannah

Trouble connecting to wifi

Trouble connecting to wifi

Hi! I've just unpacked my MyGica and I'm trying to set it up. The forum has already been very useful.

Now I'm stuck: the box can find my wireless network, but when I enter the password, I get the message "Couldn't find <network>".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

that means a few things, 

1. make sure you see about 3 bars for your WiFi SSID or WiFi name. if 2 bars or 1 bar then it means it is too far won't be able to connect too far of a distance. 

2. Entering the wrong password.

please try check these and let us know,

The password is correct. If the wifi signal is weak, that would be a surprise. The wireless router is only 20-30 feet away, and all phones, iPads and laptops have a three bar signal and work just fine. Is there a way to reset the box, or is there some other step to check? On one of the control panels it seemed as though the box was unable to acquire an IP address. 

20 to 30 feet, getting 3 bar sounds like either steal pipes, Concrete walls. something to only get you 3 bar. Can you please let me know what could be. 

for your 2nd question, follow these steps, please

1. Settings 
2. More Settings
3. Reset

and follow the steps.  it will wipe total box.

7 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

20 to 30 feet, getting 3 bar sounds like either steal pipes, Concrete walls. something to only get you 3 bar. Can you please let me know what could be. 

for your 2nd question, follow these steps, please

1. Settings 
2. More Settings
3. Reset

and follow the steps.  it will wipe total box.

Just to confirm, there are 2-3 bars for the wifi network and the computer, phone and TV right next to the Mygica box are all picking up the signal fine. When I used the Wifi analyzer app, the correct network showed up with the strongest signal along channels 4-8, if that adds any information to solving this problem.

Should I do a factory reset? Is that the best next step?

Thanks,

An update: I managed to set a static IP address. The device now shows that it is connected, w/ good signal strength. But I'm unable to connect via any of the apps (browser, Netflix, Google Play Store, MyGica Market). 

Do I need to specify a proxy?

no still means no connection to your router. 

if you want we can service your unit, please create an RMA ticket if over 30days old from the time you purchased. 

------------------------

Please Visit http://help.mygica.tv and create an RMA ticket.

Make sure you enter the Serial number for your model Which is located at the bottom of the box

Also, attach your proof of purchase.